Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was you BIGGEST post op full liquid diet slip up???

I messed up big time!!! I had a few glasses of wine THEN went and had an order of chicken flautas with sour cream hot sauce and rice and Beans. :( I'm so ashamed of myself but it all went down fine, big bites and all! I'm 12 days post op. Do y'all think I messed up my band? I haven't had any pain at all as a result of eating.

Your stomach is healing from the stitches that have been put in it. Please return to food plan your doctor ordered. Once the swelling has gone down from surgery there is no difference in your body then preband regarding your ability to swallow food. That won't change until you start getting fills.

I cheated @ 5 days, I am 7 days post op now, I have been eating small portions of mashed potatoes. I had horrible hunger pains and needed something that would fill me for more than a couple of min. I take it very slow and eat only a few bites and it satisfies me for hours.

I am 1 day post op and I have to do week 1 with Clear Liquids only, week 2 full liquids, 3 is mushies then week 4 I start solids. I feel mentally or perhaps habitually hungry but I am really not having any physical hunger . It is all a head game at this point. If you start veering off your eating plan rules this early you may want to try and get some extra behavioral support ,maybe try an OA meeting or just speak to someone in your surgeons office. I am having meat withdrawls, I am a huge carnivore but my commitment to making this tool work is so much greater than my desire for meat, or pizza, or cheeseburgers( damn food ads everywhere I look!) SSauce74 don't undermine yourself, all your favoritefoods will still be around when it is ok to have them and your band has settled in properly. You can do this, and remember you are not alone.

I didn't cheat... I was scared to death of puking it would of hurt so bad! laugh.gif

Not to mention, I didn't spend $13,000 on surgery to screw it up after a week. (Besides, my liquids was only a week before and week after surgery)

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate yalls support! I felt like such a loser (and I don't mean of weight :) ) today I've had a Protein Shake some Soup and some sugar free popsicles. I'm back on track and determined to make this work for me! I have my post op visit tomorrow so I guess we'll see what happens!!!

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate yalls support! I felt like such a loser (and I don't mean of weight :) ) today I've had a Protein shake some Soup and some sugar free popsicles. I'm back on track and determined to make this work for me! I have my post op visit tomorrow so I guess we'll see what happens!!!

As of today i am 3 weeks pst op. I had 5 days of Water and crystal light only. then 2 weeks of protien shakes only 3 a day.and popsicles. Yesterday i ate some bean soup, and today i ate some mashed potatoes. only like a 1\4 of a cup. I called my surgeon and asked if i could eat something, they said sugar free applesauce or sf Jello. My apt is fri to go to the mushies. They are a big no carb way of eating so im sure my mashed potatoes will not be in my next phase lol. But noting bad happend, i feel fine, I have not thrown up yet.

so far i have lost 25lbs ,

i was not hungry, just more of a mental want for something else to eat. My band is at 5cc

I cheated on day 8--I had a Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. I was on clear liquids for 9 days and was so hungry. I immediately got back on the diet. I had 1 week clear liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week purreed food, and now I am on soft food. High Protein. Feeling good.

I cheated on day 8--I had a Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. I was on clear liquids for 9 days and was so hungry. I immediately got back on the diet. I had 1 week clear liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week purreed food, and now I am on soft food. High Protein. Feeling good.

i did not cheat during my early stages post op. I was scared like Heather said. i was pouring my Protein Powder into my milk so i was satisified. but boy the thirst time i was able to eat Soup or mushed food. There was no stopping. but after 2 tbsp i was full. it was really sad. but i was happy and my boys ate my left overs. it was really funny around my house for awhile.

good luck and do your best to stay on track.:D

I didn't cheat post op mainly because I was scared of throwing up. A lot of my post op hunger was more "head hunger" than anything else.

Wow!!!!

I am shocked so many of your physicians are prescribing such a short time frame for the clear Fluid diet. The Centers of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recommend a clear Fluid liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery and then 4 weeks after surgery followed-up by 2 weeks of soft/pureed foods with Protein Shakes and then slowly taking in only certain solids.

I am really surprise some of you can eat even soft food and not feel sick. Perhaps your band hasn't been filled yet? Seems so close after surgery that you could rip your internal stitches or cause your lap band to slip or distend underneath it.

My surgery is scheduled for Sept 22 and I am excited and scared at the same time. This is a major life change and it isn't a fix-all but it will be a very valuable tool for me to maintain the weight loss. Almost everyone can lose weight if they really try, the hard part is keeping it off and maintaining a healthy lifestyle which is what I am hoping the band will help me do.

I look forward to using this site as a support (we don't have a local support group so I am relying on electronic friends to get me through this tough clear-fluid diet time for the upcoming 6 weeks. Yikes!

That's the longest I've ever heard of anyone being on clears. I was on clears for just the day of surgery... Although I stayed on clears for about a week, personal choice. I'm currently on full liquids for another week then I can move onto soft food and slowly introduce regular solids.

To the original poster- i've messed up a couple times. A family member is in the hospital right now and I spend the majority of my days up there.... Well, when I've been up there a couple of times I've gotten hungry and there was nothing I could have at the cafeteria so I had egg salad. Boy was it delicious!

Wow!!!!

I am shocked so many of your physicians are prescribing such a short time frame for the clear Fluid diet. The Centers of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recommend a clear Fluid liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery and then 6 weeks after surgery followed-up by 2 weeks of soft/pureed foods with Protein Shakes and then slowly taking in only certain solids.

I am really surprise some of you can eat even soft food and not feel sick. Perhaps your band hasn't been filled yet? Seems so close after surgery that you could rip your internal stitches or cause your lap band to slip or distend underneath it.

My surgery is scheduled for Sept 22 and I am excited and scared at the same time. This is a major life change and it isn't a fix-all but it will be a very valuable tool for me to maintain the weight loss. Almost everyone can lose weight if they really try, the hard part is keeping it off and maintaining a healthy lifestyle which is what I am hoping the band will help me do.

I look forward to using this site as a support (we don't have a local support group so I am relying on electronic friends to get me through this tough clear-fluid diet time for the upcoming 6 - 8 weeks. Yikes!