Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My NEW lease on life arrives in 3 weeks

Hi Everyone. Im new to this site...I was on another forum but its gotten so hard to really navigate through it since they changed the format and I stumbled across this forum. I started my journey gung ho on getting RNY but after really thinking about the ebst options for me, I decided to go with the Band. My op is May 2nd and I start the pre-op diet next week. So happy to see so many people going through the same thing and coming out to help support each other. Im always open to advice and tips for this ongoing change.

Hope to hear from you soon. Picture to come soon....:)

Welcome,

Hi, I have my surgery on the 20th of April. I think this forum is great. Hopefully you and I and all the other new comers will get advice and tips from some of the "old timers". Good luck with your surgery and I will post how things are going with me.

Welcome,

Hi, I have my surgery on the 20th of April. I think this forum is great. Hopefully you and I and all the other new comers will get advice and tips from some of the "old timers". Good luck with your surgery and I will post how things are going with me.

Awesome! Congratulations! Are you excited? Are you on your pre-op diet?

Hi,

I am relatively new here myself, have only made one other post, but I have been lurking like crazy trying to learn everything I can.

I am on day 7 of my pre-op diet and go this afternoon to do all my pre-certification and registrations for surgery on the 22nd. The pre-op has been easier than I thought it would be and I have lost 10 lbs so far, but I am already looking forward to the mushy food stage. I am starting to get a little nervous, but I figure that is normal. Good luck with your pre-op diet, hopefully it will be easy for you too.

I plan to take a before picture the night before my surgery so I can keep a good record of my body changing, I will post pics soon as well.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

My surgery is 2 days after yours, on May 4th and I am scared out of my mind. the closer it gets to the day, the more uncertain I become. I have had a headache for most of the day today, probably from worry (i am a HUGE worrier, no pun intended). My mind just always goes to the worst case scenario, and I am trying with all of my mind to push those doubts and fears aside, but it is so hard. I can't even be excited about it because I am so scared.

at any rate, i start my pre-op diet next wednesday..OH Goodness...1 week from today YIKES.:o

Hi,

I am relatively new here myself, have only made one other post, but I have been lurking like crazy trying to learn everything I can.

I am on day 7 of my pre-op diet and go this afternoon to do all my pre-certification and registrations for surgery on the 22nd. The pre-op has been easier than I thought it would be and I have lost 10 lbs so far, but I am already looking forward to the mushy food stage. I am starting to get a little nervous, but I figure that is normal. Good luck with your pre-op diet, hopefully it will be easy for you too.

I plan to take a before picture the night before my surgery so I can keep a good record of my body changing, I will post pics soon as well.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

lol, same here!! What are you using for Protein during this pre-op diet phase? I havent found something that I can tolerate yet so Im trying to get ideas..lol! I think the nerves are normal. Good luck to you too!! Hopefully we can follow one another and keep track of each other's progress.!!

My surgery is 2 days after yours, on May 4th and I am scared out of my mind. the closer it gets to the day, the more uncertain I become. I have had a headache for most of the day today, probably from worry (i am a HUGE worrier, no pun intended). My mind just always goes to the worst case scenario, and I am trying with all of my mind to push those doubts and fears aside, but it is so hard. I can't even be excited about it because I am so scared.

at any rate, i start my pre-op diet next wednesday..OH Goodness...1 week from today YIKES.:o

Oh wow! Same here....I totally understand. Its like, this is the moment we've been waiting for and then the closer it gets, the more you second guess yourself. I guess its just anticipating the change.

Keep us posted on your success!

I totally feel the same way, mine is the 20th and I have been going back and forth like a ping pong ball.

One thing I keep going back to though is the idea that this time when I lose the weight it will stay off.

I totally feel the same way, mine is the 20th and I have been going back and forth like a ping pong ball.

One thing I keep going back to though is the idea that this time when I lose the weight it will stay off.

lol, definitely a good motivator!!!

lol, same here!! What are you using for Protein during this pre-op diet phase? I havent found something that I can tolerate yet so Im trying to get ideas..lol! I think the nerves are normal. Good luck to you too!! Hopefully we can follow one another and keep track of each other's progress.!!

I finally found that the soy protein from EAS is the one that I can stand enough to get thru this. Good luck! I am looking forward to following each other and keeping track with our progress!!