Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MyFitnessPal.com Members

Hi guys add me taysidebelle i am 2 weeks post op it's great to see what everyone is eating and there progress

im phatkatblue

About the calories I would not touch them unless you have a HRM because myfitnesspal overestimates everything some people need those extra carbs after a good long work out I have experienced this before I have worked out really hard and I just felt so hungry after and that was my body saying that I needed extra carbs! I would say just listen to your body, you know it better than anyone and your definitely not going into starvation mode anytime soon! Lol

I'm adding everyone too! I just heard about this app so just starting today;) was banded on the 7th and my first fill is on Tuesday. I'm so excited!

Oh and my user is loneil0

About the calories I would not touch them unless you have a HRM because myfitnesspal overestimates everything

I recently bought a HR monitor + calorie monitor watch and I love it! I have been comparing what the HR monitor says I burned to what myfitnesspal says I burned and it's actually pretty accurate. I have compared aerobics, circuit training, and kickboxing and they have all been pretty accurate. Myfitnesspal under-estimated my circuit training and aerobics workout.

@ Georgia Girl you are a first! I have found that there are a whole lot of inaccurate exercise calories also you can read on the forums that I am not the only one. For example I once went roller skating for 2 hours it said that I burned 1500 calories I thought not possible I got my polar and found out that it really wasn't I had only burned 650 calories in like 3 hours of skating I think all my numbers were off. My personal trainer told me not to trust the numbers as well because you can only trust an accurate measurement of your heart rate while training and also the fact that MFP overestimates. When I seen that high of a number of cals burned when I went skating that's when I realized I needed a HRM! Good luck to you girl along your weight loss journey!

@ Georgia Girl you are a first! I have found that there are a whole lot of inaccurate exercise calories also you can read on the forums that I am not the only one. For example I once went roller skating for 2 hours it said that I burned 1500 calories I thought not possible I got my polar and found out that it really wasn't I had only burned 650 calories in like 3 hours of skating I think all my numbers were off. My personal trainer told me not to trust the numbers as well because you can only trust an accurate measurement of your heart rate while training and also the fact that MFP overestimates. When I seen that high of a number of cals burned when I went skating that's when I realized I needed a HRM! Good luck to you girl along your weight loss journey!

Well, keep in mind that I have only compared those three certain exercises. Those three exercises are probably more commonly used than some of the other stuff. Maybe they have more accurate numbers on those. I haven't tried anything like skating.

You are right though, if you want an accurate number you need to get a HRM or some sort of device that counts calories burned. I love my HRM!

im rubygraupera add me.

Everyone can add me. Kymie9899 need all the help advice and ideas I can get

I've just sent out several friend requests - my ID on myfitnesspal is "stlewis98". Please add me if you want to share food diaries, etc.

I think this is an excellent idea and it will help me to be all the more accountable. I've only started using MFP 'faithfully' this week and it's fantastic!