Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Searching for Dr Kuri Updates

Okay, maybe I need to check his message board but I always get so lost on Yahoo groups!

So, I HEAR Kuri is working out of a new hospital, has new labs and flouro machines, and he has added referrals for plactic surgeons, and his patient reps are now assisting these plastic surgeons. I also e-mailed JoAnne a few weeks ago and I haven't heard back. Odd. So, what's up with the Kuri team, anyone know the scoop?

Somethings brewing in TJ...is it good? Or is this old news and I'm just now getting a clue?

Ok, this is what I know. I had a problem yesterday of being too tight so I called the Kuri office and was told to come in for an unfill (even though he does fills on Tuesdays/Thursdays-so that was very nice) They gave me the address and the hospital where his new office is is beautiful....Brand new, huge, etc. So I go up to his office and oh, wow, so much nicer and more beautiful. More places to sit and his actual office is so nice - cherry furniture, leather couches. Kuri's other dr (forgot his name) is the one that did the unfill and because they're still kind of moving in there was no patient table so he did my unfill on his brand new leather couch. That was weird. But everything is much bigger/more beautiful.

As to why JoAnne didn't respond-I don't know. I had called her first yesterday and she was on the phone, so I spoke to someone else at her office so I know she's around. Probably busy.

I don't know if that is going to be the location for regular fills but I may have that answered today. I think I may still be too tight. If so, I'll go today during their regular fill time. If I do, I'll give you the scoop.

Dr. Kuri's brand new hospital is awesome, and the new offices just spectacular. All fills will be done in the new fluoro lab, that has brand-new top-of the line equipment. Dr Kuri has had 2 Inamed-trained band surgeons working with him for over a year now- Dr. Espinoza and Dr Morales, a lady. he also has 2 great internists on staff, Dr Petersen, and Dr MRS Petersen. they do a lot of the diabetes teaching and all the pro-op exams and tests. i think it is a great system and setup and will only get better as all the "moving in" stuff is over. I don't know about the platic surgery stuff, but i know several ps's he recommends and have seen some of their work. I'll decide on that when i get there - still 50# to go! Renee.

Wow Renee, I forgot about this thread! I went to www.beliteweight.com and saw the pics of the hospital. It looks great! So I think I'm up to speed on the facilities, but not the office set-up part. JoAnn never returned my e-mail and I haven't spoken with Sylvia (patient rep) either, so I'm not sure who works for who now and how all that's done.

I need to try again, now that they have had a chance to settle down a bit.

I'd still like to hear from others, though! Thanks Renee...go get 'em on that last 50 pounds!!!!!