Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes

Does anyone know of good Protein shakes...I have tried Akins but don't like it much. I get banded in July 5th and am worried about the week before surgery. The liquid diet also after surgery. I am a very picky eater. I couldn't do Weight Watcher or Jenny Craig cause I wouldn't eat half the stuff they have. I don't really eat veggies but very little like celery, green bean, corn and peas. But i have read that some of those u have to be really carefully eating. So if anyone has any suggestions on any good Protein Shakes or anything that I could eat after surgery..

Hi. I have been asking the same question lately. So far I have tried Muscle Milk chocolate and EAS 100% whey Protein chocolate. Of these 2 the Muscle Milk is better but it has a little more carbs. They are both drinkable to me when mixed with skim milk and crushed ice. Someone suggested to freeze some milk in cubes to make them icy without watering them down. Others suggest adding sugar free pudding powder to make them taste better. I haven't tried that yet but I am going to.

I like the Muscle Milk but some others here say it gags them. So you really just need to sample some and find what you can live with. Good luck!

I love the herbalife shakes --- I buy them on Amazon - and I add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Unflavored Protein powder to them.....

My favorite is to take 2 scoops of the Choc herbalife, 6 oz skim milk, 1 cup ice, a scoop Unjury, and either a tbs Peanut Butter or PB2 powdered Peanut Butter --- blend it in my Magic Bullet -- the more ice in it the thicker the shake...and it tastes like a peanut butter cup shake! YUM!

Also you can take any flavor of sugarfree pudding and add a tsp to any shake to add flavor....like the cheesecake would be good in most of them.....

I also love the tropical fruit herbalife shake --- I make it with 4 oz OJ and 2 oz Water, ice, Protein, and toss in any fruit I have handy....very good!

Just get creative - the worst thing is no variety...I burned out on the Atkins shakes post op in about two weeks and couldn't look at another one. :D

Kim

Thanks for the suggestion. Going to try some..Hopefully going shopping soon and just get a few to play with... Hopefully I can find one.. :)

OMG, I just tried the suggestion of adding some suger free pudding to the shake. Yummy!! I added one teaspoon to my regular Muscle Milk and I feel like I'm drinking a McDonald's milkshake. Sooo good.

I like BSN Lean Desserts.....

Does anyone have or know where I can find on the web some Protein Shake recipes that are high in Protein, but have 5 or less grams of carbohydrates? I'm just not a big fan of the pre-mixed shakes out there on the market.

The only one that I've like is Myoplex Original (300 calories 42g of Protein)

You can get it on Amazon for a good deal.

I get my shakes from Bariatric Advantage in Irvine, CA. In the store they offer samples so you can taste before you buy. They have an online store, too and since I'm in So. Cal if I don't want to drive to Irvine I order online and I get my box next day without paying extra. :) If you call in or chat online you can ask for samples. They gave me some samples after I made the mistake of ordering the strawberry flavor in the huge bag without tasting it first. Its too artificially sweet.

My favorite is the chocolate flavor. For an 8 oz. serving they have 27g of Protein per serving, 8 g of carbs and 160 cal, plus lots of Vitamins and minerals added. I have 2-3 shakes daily. They don't taste chalky at all like some do. Usually, I shake them up with Water in a Blender Bottle that I bought at 24 hour fitness. I like them best this way because in a blender they get too think for me and I end up with too much air in my tum tum. What I like best about this shake is that on a cold day I can make it with warm Water and it tastes like hot chocolate. On a hot day I dump it in the magic bullet with some water and ice cubes for a "milkshake." I can drink the chocolate shakes as a snack between meals, as a meal or all day if I cant get acceptable food for me to eat.

Bariatric Advantage was recommended by my dietician and it is also where I get my Vitamins and Calcium chews. I don't work for them or get discounts to tell you about how great their products are. I'm a school teacher thats how I make my "millions."

Does anyone have or know where I can find on the web some Protein shake recipes that are high in Protein, but have 5 or less grams of carbohydrates? I'm just not a big fan of the pre-mixed shakes out there on the market.

I use the EAS chocolate powder and mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It comes in at 160 calories and 4 gm of carb. I get it in a big bag at Sam's Club.

I found a website called mybariatricpantry.com They have tons of Protein drinks and all other stuff. I heard someone talking about this one called CLICK! its an espresso coffee mixed that you mix with milk and can be hot or cold. I think I am gonig to order some of the samples on there and start trying them..BUT lots of different items there including food, Vitamins etc.

I use the EAS chocolate powder and mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It comes in at 160 calories and 4 gm of carb. I get it in a big bag at Sam's Club.

I mix my Myoplex Original powder with sugar-free Jello pudding and Water. Then blend it.

It only adds 25 calories to Myoplex, but enhances the flavor of the shake and also turns it into a pudding. Which for me, makes it more filling.

I also add a few squirts of sugar-free Syrup (torani brand) for different flavorings.

I've been experimenting with different Protein combos because I can't stand the thickness of most of them. I think I found something today that works and could be the answer for those of you who also can't stand the texture or thickness of a shake.

I bought some Isopure Zero Carb (Grape Frost is the flavor) at GNC. See bottle below - it has 40 grams of Protein in it. I got a large cup with crushed ice, then poured in half the bottle and added about a cup of white grape juice (bottled from the grocery). I had about 1/4 cup of apple juice left so I threw that in too, and it's really good. They have about 8 different flavors, but so far this is the one I like.

I can't drink the Isopure by itself - for some reason, just a sip will turn your mouth into the desert, dry as sand. By cutting it with white grape juice, it didn't affect me yet I'm still getting 20 grams of protein and it tastes like something I would have had pre-band.

41d7d62xapL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

When I had my surgery 1.5 years ago, I bought a 5-lb tub of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey Gold Standard Protein Powder (Double Rich chocolate Flavor). I also bought a ton of Davinci sugar-free syrups to add in. Well…. Let me tell you, I didn't make one single Protein shake after my surgery. My freezer makes large ice cubes and I didn't want to overwork my Magic Bullet by blending up these ice cubes. So I said "Forget it!"

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I noticed the powder would be expiring fairly soon, so I decided to make one with the powder, milk, and Peanut Butter. I blended it up and then dumped it into a cup with whole ice cubes. DELICIOUS! Who needs to blend it up with the ice? Just make it nice and cold with ice cubes.

I have now been drinking one every single morning for Breakfast. It's like I'm drinking a milkshake. So I can get Protein and have a dessert-like beverage (which satisfies my sweet tooth the entire day). I usually add the powder and Peanut Butter into the cup the night before. In the morning I add the milk, pop on the blade, and blend the sucker up.

Protein Powder is 120 calories for one scoop. It has 1g fat, 3g carbs, and 24g protein. It's rated 4.5/5 stars on Amazon.

This morning and yesterday I mixed in some fresh banana and it was absolutely amazing. So the shake ended up being 336 calories with the Protein Powder (1 scoop), skim milk (1 cup), peanut butter (1 tablespoon), and banana (36g – about 1/3 of a banana). 336.3 calories, 9.1 fat, 27.6 carbs, and 35.8 protein. That's 43% protein, 33% carbs, and 24% fat.

So I definitely recommend: Optimum Nutrition 100% whey Gold Standard Protein Powder

http://www.amazon.co...06&sr=1-1-spell

*Deleted*