Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning Excersize

I am thinking of getting up in the morning before work and riding the eliptical. Does anyone do this? If so do you eat anything first or just hop outta bed and jump on it, then get ready for work and eat Breakfast?

Thank you

When I can drag my sorry behind out of bed that early (I have to get up at 420am to use the treadmill before work) I just jump out of bed, stretch a little and get on the treadmill and then go about my normal routine. I'm only successful about 1 or 2 times a week, but make sure I do afternoon/evening treks to make up for missing the morning workouts.

I get up at 5 am 4 mornings a week to walk/jog on the treadmill. I just grab a bottle of Water, throw on my tennies, and take off. :)

I'm up at 4:00am (before the kids’ lol) I pray, grab my workout clothes and do Leslie Sanson walking dvd or Zumba for an hour. It really rev's me up. I eat or have a Protein drink after. -Amanda

I am at the gym at 8:30 in the morning and I don't eat until about 12pm band is just too tight in the morning, I am a morning person so I love going in the morning and sets my mood for the rest of the day. I spend about an hour 3 to 4 times a week in there and it is my stress reliever.

I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not but I had my greatest weightloss when I was getting up early and exercising first thing in the morning.

I got lazy and stopped and so did my weight loss.

I encourage you to keep it up as long as you can.

It's hard but you can do it!:thumbup:

I'm trying to get back on this routine myself.

I usuall go at around 10ish am. The first kickboxing class at the place I go to is not til 10. Also if I go to the gym they don't open til 9. I am not one to wake up super early. I do usually have eggs an hour before I go, but sometimes I am not really hungry

I heard it's better to exercise on an empty stomach bc your body is forced to burn fat...

I do the eliptcal first thing in the morning right out of bed (first athroom then weigh). I do 30 minutes, a little heav bag punching an or some bow flex excises... total about 45 minutes . I do take my Vitamins frst and have Water with me. I usually don't and really don't feel like Breakfast until much later, but I drink a Protein Shake usually for breakfast, oatmeal has been the only other substitute. I don't like the execise at all but its the only way! Good Luck!

I prefer a.m. cardio and p.m. strength training.

Brad

I prefer morning work outs. I have so much more motivation and last longer then if I were to go at night.

I get up, walk my dogs, get dressed, work out and then go home and eat breaky and get ready for work. It gives me so much more energy for the day if I work out in the a.m

I am thinking of getting up in the morning before work and riding the eliptical. Does anyone do this? If so do you eat anything first or just hop outta bed and jump on it, then get ready for work and eat breakfast?

Thank you

Hi, Due to the fact that I couldn't lose any weight after the banding, I get up at 5:30 and work out on cardio for one hour 5 days a week. I have a Jay Robb Protein Drink before I go or I get very hungry.

Ugh, I'm a dedicated exerciser, but not in the early am. I even struggle a bit to go to a 10 am gym class, I just have more energy in the afternoon. I never make the 9.20 spin class on the weekends, much as I intend to every week.

Nonetheless I have gotten up early in the morning to run on occasion and when I do, I have a routine. i get up at about 5.30, I Iron a shirt for DH for the day, have a coffee, a quick dunk under the shower and unstack the dishwasher. I have to spend half an hour or so waking up in this way, I just absolutely cant get out of bed and go. I might say, my blood pressure tends to run at around 90/50 and I do get a bit of postural hypotension, I cant even get straight out of bed into the shower on a workday or I'm likely to faint, or at least feel very sick.

You would have to put a gun to my head to get me to exercise in the morning.... on second thought I am not even sure that would work.

7:00 PM at the earliest. Usually on Saturday I go to the gym around 10:30 am.

What a difference a year makes... I didnt like exercise n the beginning, but oh how I love it now... Still not crazy about getting out of bed, but I do it faithfully... exercise is key...need a breakthorugh though, been in a 172 rut for months!!!!!!nonod.gif ad odnt know why... trying something nes though for the next thirty days... wan to lose 2 more pounds... I claim it! by April 23rd... 150!