Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need food ideas to get back on track

I have gotten to a point where I am frustrated with myself and know that I have not been eating like I should. Have not been to the gym in a while since I have had alot of overtime at work and not able to get there to do anything. I was looking for some ideas on things to eat to get me back on track. I go on the 29th to see my doc and possibly get a small fill adjustment. I know that I have not been eating like I should and need some help from all of u. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Ohh and I dont like fish other than tuna lol and I despise mushrooms....Thanks

tuna is a great thing to have on hand. Have you tried the starkist flavored ones that come in the packets? At my last job, I always kept a couple at my desk for in case I needed a small snack, or I would have it for lunch. The lemon pepper is my favorite, and I can eat it straight out of teh pouch with a fork. Had that for lunch today, actually. Lol. Low fat, high Protein, and it's convienent. I'm not sure what your restriction level is, or what you can eat,but here are a couple more of my favorites-

lunch meat with cheese rolled up- turkey with provolone is pretty good.

if you have to do fast food, a small chili from wendy's

Egg Bites- the recipe is here http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party-time-confetti-bites.html her low carb izzas are pretty awesome too. Actually, pretty much any recipe on her blog is awesome. Everything she does is WLS friendly.

If you can do salad- green leaf lettuce with toasted almonds, a sprinkle of cheese, and a squirt of lemon juice. You get texture and flavor without the fat.

Hard boiled eggs

Homemade soups-you can control what goes in them, and put extra veggies in for the nutrition

when i'm really craving something salty and crunchy, I'll bake some pepperoni slice on foil- usually at 375 for like 8 minutes-i blot them after too-

Baked asparagus with garlic and lemon. Yum.

Gladware also makes some containers that are a 1/2 cup with a twist on lid. Perfect for portion sizing when taking your lunch to work. Try walking on you lunch break, and you can use to 16 oz Water bottles as free weights. That way you can work your arms at the same time.

You can try the 5 day pouch test- I'm not too sure on teh exact details but if you do a search on it, it should pop up.

Make sure you are getting your Water in.

Rocco DiSpiroto (sp?) has a cookbook called "Now Eat This" It's pretty awesome. He took a bunch of comfort/favorite foods, and made them healthier. As in, almost all are 400 calories or less. There is an awesome coconut shrimp recipe in it, and a mac and cheese recipe.

I have gotten to a point where I am frustrated with myself and know that I have not been eating like I should. Have not been to the gym in a while since I have had alot of overtime at work and not able to get there to do anything. I was looking for some ideas on things to eat to get me back on track. I go on the 29th to see my doc and possibly get a small fill adjustment. I know that I have not been eating like I should and need some help from all of u. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Ohh and I dont like fish other than tuna lol and I despise mushrooms....Thanks

3 things u should eat more than others: Salad; salad; and salad. Only, of course, if it will not get 'stuck.'

I can eat salad no problem...i try to do that at work..we get lunches alot from the drug reps and I always try to get a salad. I have been on this I need chocolate kick lately and not sure why cuz I really am not a chocolate eater...more of a carbaholic. I just need to get back to being a good girl and learning to say no to the sweets. I just wish it was wasy to go back to how full u felt right after surgery with very little food. Thank You guys for some food ideas. Ohh and I love Wendy's chili actually had that for dinner tonight. anyone have any ideas on sweet stuff that isnt bad for ya... i need something to curb that sweet tooth that is showing its ugly head.

Hmmm, sweet stuff. Depending on what you do for Protein Shakes, you can play with those a lot. I make mine with a scoop of whey Protein, ice and milk, then stick it in the blender. I like to add a scoop of Peanut Butter for extra flavor. With vanilla, it tastes like a nutter butter almost, and with the chocolate powder, it's a new take on a peanut butter cup. If you have a pinkberry around, or something similar, a small size ith fresh fruit and yogurt/carob chips are great too. I like adding sliced almonds to mind. Helps satisfy the sweet tooth, and I don't feel guilty about it.