Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Show us those tummies!!

Anyone out there with before and after photos with reconstructive surgery after WLS? I would love to see the "final product"! And those who have decided they are good without the surgery, show off those tummies!! :) I am concerned about how much sagging skin I will be left with and want to see how well you all "shrunk" back to you final sizes.

Amy

Hello.

I just had a Tummy Tuck this past December.

So you're not about to have a TTuck or scheduled for one, but you just want to see how others' have done? I probably wouldn't be much help

but maybe others have more comprehensive (from pre-op to 6 months to 1 year Post Op) pictures available where you can see the full progression.

In my experience the only real estimate you can get is if you gauge with those whose start weights/build/height/medical background/activity level is similar to yours. And even then one person's experience might not necessarily mimic yours - our bodies heal, form, and adapt in different ways.

(A Size 14 patient with no kids might have a completely different result from a Sz 14 patient who has had large babies or a set of twins. Even if they are the exact same weight, the surgeon might approach their Tummy Tucks differently...)

There are a bunch of great online resources about Tummy Tucks and Abdominoplasty and I'd be glad to point you to some links that show tons of Before's and After's to peruse. So although I'm a recent post-op, I am still healing and I doubt my photos would be of any interest or help to you. Now, I've do have some basic information on getting insurance approval :) that might be helpful whenever you're ready to start that process.

Good Luck on this journey.

Hello, Jack (and other LBT members)

I recommend MSN Groups - there are tons of Specialty Groups specifically dedicated to Plastic Surgery patients & those interested in becoming a patient.

Of those groups, I highly suggest checking out the Plastic Surgery Experience Groups (I think there are 3 or 4 in that series of groups) as those are focused on Before & After surgery photos & experiences.

All you do is affirm that you are over 18 (these are medically-oriented photos ) and apply for membership. You might want to mention that you are a member of this board - and that you are a LapBand patient researching Plastic Surgery.

Guest Cassie1225

i'd like to see also

I am really new to this and have not made up my mind of what I'm going to do. I know everyone's body is different but it would still neat to see.

How much extra flab are we talking??? Scarey...I have 100 pounds to loose....well, I hope to loose 100 pounds anyway. They say if you take it slow and excercise, both cardio and weight training it really helps with the skin getting back to normal...(somewhat)

But...you never know who THEY are do you!

Ok... here are my before and after, keep in mind that my after is only like 1 mo after the scars look frightening, but it has been 3 months now and they are much lighter

post-204171-13813132929217_thumb.jpg

post-204171-13813132929559_thumb.jpg

post-204171-13813132929924_thumb.jpg

post-204171-13813132932122_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting pics ladies. You both look wonderful...I can't WAIT for my tummy tuck! I will work hard on this next 20 pound loss, and see from there. Right now my tummy looks eerily similar to the before pics...I need a TT! LOL

Did your thighs tighten up at all after the TT? My upper/inner thighs are gross (to me) and I'm hoping I get some "residual lift" from the TT?