Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your goal weight?

My goal weight is 175... I know it needs to be about 155 to be healthy. But honestly, I have to see myself at 175! I don't remember the last time I was 175! It's always been my "goal weight" for years. So I want to hit that first. I will likely go a little lower, but I'm really tall i'm 5'7", so I don't feel the need to be really really skinny. I'm more focused on the clothes I wear too. i wanna wear normal clothes at normal stores COMFORTABLY not the largest size they sell, so I can buy anything I want :D

I tell you what being 5'7 I get a lot of comments from friends that say look great! Don't lose to much more!.

BUT being a little taller really throws peoples idea of your weight off. Everytime iget a comment like that I smile and say thanks, but in my mind I say if you only knew! Lol

I am happy with the weight I have lost, but yeah I want to be able to wear some nice and trendy clothes! I'm happy that I don'thave to shop at Avenue or Lane bryant anymore!

Our stories are very similar. I started out at 260 at 5,6 ft and my goal is 180. I would LOVE to be 180. I have a feeling once I get there I'll want to go lower but that is my goal for now. As long as I'm only "overweight" not "morbidly obese"!!! :)

When did you do your surgeryÉ

I'm only 4'8", so I think suggested weight is between 90 and 105 pounds. That sounds like a Crazee number right now. I set my goal at 115 and I'll see how I feel when I reach that goal and then keep going if I feel the need. As long as I'm wearing small clothes, I'll be happy. That's the added bonus. Being healthy is the most important, but I do want to look hot for the first time in my life.

I agree with you, Jenn79co. I think somewhere in the middle of those numbers sounds good for your height. You can do it!

My goal right now is 135 which would put me at the top of the "normal" BMI scale. I may change this later on, I have to see what I look like. I think it will be lower, but I hate what people look like when they are like skeletons (I'm sure I won't have that problem though...LOL) We will see. My highest weight is 308, so I am getting a bit close to having lost 100 lbs (not with the band though), that day will make me extremely happy.

My goal isn't so much the number on the scale, but I would like to be able to wear a size 6 or 8 clothes. At 5'1" I think getting down to a single digit pant size would make me look much better. Not to mention how much better I will feel. I have gone from a size 20 and am currently wearing 12's, but I'm happy to report some of the 12's are getting loose. Good luck to all!

I am 5'7 currently I weigh 193. Suggested weight is between 123 to 149.

Have you set yourself at the low end, high in or the middle?

I have met my first goal, but have yet to set an exact number. i'm thinking middle so I give my self some wiggle room.

So anyway do you have an exact number in mind and what made you choose it?

I am 5'7" and my goal is 183, which is -100 lbs.

I'm thinking around 150-160. Last time I was there i was wearing size 10/12 pants and everyone told me I looked skinny. I've always been heavier than people think I am. But as long as I can buy in the regular size dept. I'm happy.

I'm somehwre between 5'9" and 5'10" (all depends on who's measuring). I origanally had a goal set of 150, but I never set it in stone. I always said that I would go by where I was most comfortable. I have recently raised my goal weight to 160, so I have a number to shoot for. It's in the healthy BMI range which, other than feeling better, is my ultimate goal. I started in a tight size 26 loose 28, and I'm down to a size 16 in most clothes-14/16 in some, and mostly L tops. I'm lucky enough that I have someone who is going to pay for my plastics, and I know that if I had a TT now, I'd probably drop 2 pants sizes due to wear my excess skin hangs, Goood Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Starting at 317 my personal goal is 185. My "ideal" weight according to whoever makes up all those charts is 147-160 but at 5'10 that seems a little skinny for me. In high school I was a size 13 and about 175-180 pounds so I want to get back close to that. Have lost 39 in 6 weeks already. Woohoo!

I appreciate everyone posting their thoughts. This is one topic I am stewing over. I am 5ft 4inches and was just banded almost 1 week ago. Today I weigh 212 LBS. I have the number 135LBS as my goal. My husband scoffed and said it would be virtually impossible to attain! I wanted to shoot him! I haven't an idea of what I would look like at 135LBS as it has been years! I began to second guess myself. My first mini goal is to get under 200 lbs and be the weight I met him at. I am wondering if any of you had a discussion from your doctors telling you what your goal should be? Is my goal unrealistic? I think 1 year to obtain it will be work, but I am certain I can do it. I want my hubbie to "Eat Crow!" I wonder if he feels threatened by my lifestyle change? Anyone else having this issue?

I tell you what being 5'7 I get a lot of comments from friends that say look great! Don't lose to much more!.

BUT being a little taller really throws peoples idea of your weight off. Everytime iget a comment like that I smile and say thanks, but in my mind I say if you only knew! Lol

I am happy with the weight I have lost, but yeah I want to be able to wear some nice and trendy clothes! I'm happy that I don'thave to shop at Avenue or Lane bryant anymore!

Yea it does! I mean I was 298 when I started. I would say I carried my weight fairly well. I'm bottom heavy, so it's not all in my face and breasts.

I can't wait to not shop there. For YEARS, it's been going through the ups and downs and changes of Lane Bryant LOL (like now, how the jeans have sucked for the past 2 or 3 years). And you have to like their style, some years, it's just not cute... or I was complaining on my blog that it's all skinny jeans and tank top right now! It's annoying. Also just the sheer cost of clothes. Skinny clothes are cheaper! I want to buy some disposable clothing at Forever 21 haha.

I hated hated hated being tall and overweight! I felt so unfemine, even at a BMI of 35 which is the largest I got, I was big and beefy and I so envied women much fatter than i was just because they were small and feminine shaped. In the end, at 5ft 10, I have gotten to 135lb and I love it! I am very tall and slender and when I put heels on I feel incredible. I was never ever going to settle for just getting into my healthy weight range, I'm too much of a perfectionist.

I appreciate everyone posting their thoughts. This is one topic I am stewing over. I am 5ft 4inches and was just banded almost 1 week ago. Today I weigh 212 LBS. I have the number 135LBS as my goal. My husband scoffed and said it would be virtually impossible to attain! I wanted to shoot him! I haven't an idea of what I would look like at 135LBS as it has been years! I began to second guess myself. My first mini goal is to get under 200 lbs and be the weight I met him at. I am wondering if any of you had a discussion from your doctors telling you what your goal should be? Is my goal unrealistic? I think 1 year to obtain it will be work, but I am certain I can do it. I want my hubbie to "Eat Crow!" I wonder if he feels threatened by my lifestyle change? Anyone else having this issue?

Your goal is absolutely not unrealistic and I am proof of that. I am also 5'4" and i started out heavier than you at 234 pounds. A few weeks shy of a year I was at your goal weight. You can do it and make him eat crow! :P

It could be that he is a little threatened by the idea or maybe he doesn't have enough faith in the band and doesn't want you to be disappointed. You should talk to him.

I love love love the fact that most of us are simply shooting for a healthy BMI - not unrealistic at all & completely achievable! I have frank discussions about my goals with my fill Dr each and every time I see him and he is more than happy to discuss each and every query I have. I have gone from a 52 BMI to a 29, with only a few more points to go. It is achievable - don't listen to your hubby - take it as a challenge & prove him wrong!!!! :P