Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am i too tight?! URGENT

K, so I was banded on 1/7/11

I have had three fills.

At first, with each of them I was totally restircted...but it went away. My doctor said this was normal, according to him the stomach linning is trying to thin out, to fix the band or something.

Anyway, i just got a fill yesturday... and it was only 1 cc... and even though before that fill i had literitly NO restriction... i'm starting to feel weird, with just this one.

Everytime I take a bite i chew it real well.. swallow it... and then it seriously feels like it doesn't get past my throat.

It just sits there for a while.. and then it goes down.

I'm drinking fine. And I did manage to eat a small serving last night... but it was a struggle the whole time.

Is this normal? or should i be considered?!?!?!?!

Also.. it seems like bread is really effecting me.

Please let me know, i'm worried!!!

Did your doc tell you only eat liquids for 2 to 3 days after your fill? Thats what mine has me do.

You should call your docs office and find out your guidelines for eating after a fill.

Did your doc tell you only eat liquids for 2 to 3 days after your fill? Thats what mine has me do.

You should call your docs office and find out your guidelines for eating after a fill.

The first time he did, but not after that! I thought it was just a first time thing... should i start with just liquids?!

Yes, every time I have gotten a fill they always tell me only liquids for the first 2 days.

Call your doc and check, but yes try liquids for a day or two and see how that works for you.

Yes, every time I have gotten a fill they always tell me only liquids for the first 2 days.

Call your doc and check, but yes try liquids for a day or two and see how that works for you.

Awesome!

Thank you sooo much! I will call tomorrow!!

I was so upset. 'Cause like I said, I had no restirtction.. and then this one cc made it too tight?! it was soo upsetting, lol!

But, i have no acid reflex and i'm not throwing up.

Awesome!

Thank you sooo much! I will call tomorrow!!

I was so upset. 'Cause like I said, I had no restirtction.. and then this one cc made it too tight?! it was soo upsetting, lol!

But, i have no acid reflex and i'm not throwing up.

The band is funny that way. Usually I don't feel anything change until a few days out. But this last one was immediate! Doing the 2 days of liquid or soft food helps a great deal.

my doc says liquids for a few days after a fill too. my last fill (2 weeks ago), i did mostly liquids for 3 days, then switched to apple sauce etc. i could tell it was too tight and my throat was starting to hurt....i guess from acid build up so i went back and had a little bit taken out. oh and my fill was only 1/2 cc, he didn't take out the entire half, just a tiny bit. still feeling a little bit of burning in my throat so i might have to go back and have the rest out too. does anyone else ever have the burning?

After reading some posts about fills I'm a little nervous about getting my first. I am still on full liquids and sometime have the lump in my throat. Hmmm. Hope it goes easily.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Over 3 weeks ago I had my 2nd fill. No restriction before. Did liquids for 24 hrs - no prob. Then mushies, during which I thought finally I've got restriction. Now, for the last 3wks I can't eat Breakfast AT ALL. lunch is usually 2 bites of chicken. And supper might be 4 or 5 bites. I've had several vomitting episodes after which I try to remember if I might not have chewed good and slowly. I keep thinking things will eventually smooth out. Am I too tight? I am scared to have any taken out because I don't want to go back to NO restriction. Then somedays I wonder if this is how its suppose to be, my portions were soooo overboard in the past. I ask myself are 4 bites a half of a cup?

I am so confused I really don't even know if I am hungry. I am not exactly satiisfied, I want to eat every couple of hours but I'm thinkin its all in my head.

I go back at the end of the month, hopefully Dr. can tell me if all of this is normal.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Over 3 weeks ago I had my 2nd fill. No restriction before. Did liquids for 24 hrs - no prob. Then mushies, during which I thought finally I've got restriction. Now, for the last 3wks I can't eat Breakfast AT ALL. lunch is usually 2 bites of chicken. And supper might be 4 or 5 bites. I've had several vomitting episodes after which I try to remember if I might not have chewed good and slowly. I keep thinking things will eventually smooth out. Am I too tight? I am scared to have any taken out because I don't want to go back to NO restriction. Then somedays I wonder if this is how its suppose to be, my portions were soooo overboard in the past. I ask myself are 4 bites a half of a cup?

I am so confused I really don't even know if I am hungry. I am not exactly satiisfied, I want to eat every couple of hours but I'm thinkin its all in my head.

I go back at the end of the month, hopefully Dr. can tell me if all of this is normal.

You might very well be too tight. There's no way that you'll be able to get enough nutrients in only four bites. However, is it possible that you haven't gotten used to consciously eating small bites and chewing really well? I only ask because it took me several months to make it a habit. I mean to say that I thought that I was taking small bites and chewing well, and I was compared to how normal people without the band eat, but in terms of what I was supposed to be doing as a bandster, my bites were still not small enough. Also, I would sometimes forget to pay attention while I was eating and all of a sudden realize that one of my bites was a little too much. By the way, in my opinion (others may think differently), it's only natural for you want to eat every two-three hours especially when you're consuming so little. I think it's likely real physical hunger and not "head hunger." Otherwise, you wouldn't meet your caloric needs as it is. Probably, once your band is a little less tight and you can consume more, you'll stay full for the full four hours.

When you go to get a defill (if you do), just make sure to tell them very clearly that you only want a small fraction of what they put in last time taken out; that it's a tad too tight. Seeing as you can at least get some solid food passed the band, I think just a fraction of a CC will really help. When my band was too tight, they took out 1/3 of what they put in the previous time (0.25 of a CC, when the last fill was .75) and it made a tremendous difference, while still leaving me with most of the fill. As always, your doctor will know best.

For nutrition's sake, try to drink real fruit and vegetable juices, and eat things like yogurt and maybe a very soft form of Protein like natural, pureed lentil & rice Soup (very easy to make) until you go to the doctor. Those will cover most of your nutritional needs for now. I think that if you can get down at least half a cup of lentil Soup or yogurt, it'll be much better than a few bites of meat.

Good luck!

You might very well be too tight......

Thanks Irene. I keep talking myself out of having an unfill by thinking: "Hello, you are eating smaller portions and losing weight. This is what you did this for!" Lol. But I am worried about the nutrients. It is comforting to get some feedback.

Last week I had my 4th fill. Up until then I had very little restriction. I got 1 cc added and after the initial day of liquids, I couldn't keep anything other than liquids down. So I had a 1/2 a cc removed and let me tell you what a difference that made. It's hard to believe that such a little amount could make such a big difference, but it did. If you feel like you're getting stuck or having issues swallowing talk to your doctor because you maybe too tight.

I lost 4.4 pounds in those couple of days that I was overfilled, which some would think was great, but I felt so awful.

Okay. So, i went on the liquids and mushy foods. I am still trying to learn how to eat and chew slowly. I was so use to literily just 'shoveling' it in that I forget sometimes that i have to actually chew!!!!!!

I have NOT been throwing up, HOWEVER I do notice that after I eat... it's like I am producing WAY too much salivia! And it's reallllllllly thick.

i did actually vomit today, I ate way too fast! I hadn't ate all day, and i just kinda shoved the food in my mouth without thinking. It's weird, it's like... I'm eating the way that normal people would eat...BUT not the way I should eat with a band!

It is SUPER strange how that 1cc did so much!!!!

I've lost 36lbs according to the doctors scale, and I feel amazing!

K, so I was banded on 1/7/11

I have had three fills.

At first, with each of them I was totally restircted...but it went away. My doctor said this was normal, according to him the stomach linning is trying to thin out, to fix the band or something.

Anyway, i just got a fill yesturday... and it was only 1 cc... and even though before that fill i had literitly NO restriction... i'm starting to feel weird, with just this one.

Everytime I take a bite i chew it real well.. swallow it... and then it seriously feels like it doesn't get past my throat.

It just sits there for a while.. and then it goes down.

I'm drinking fine. And I did manage to eat a small serving last night... but it was a struggle the whole time.

Is this normal? or should i be considered?!?!?!?!

Also.. it seems like bread is really effecting me.

Please let me know, i'm worried!!!

Has your Dr. told you that when you get a fill, you should be on liquids for 2 1/2 - 3 days.

If you try to eat, you could swell up, and make eating very hard to do.

If you were in the (RED ZONE) you wouldn't swallow saliva. You don't want to even go there....

I really don't eat the bread because it gets caught, so does dry chicken breast. So,, I eat dark meat,

and chew it slowly, and take your time so it doesn't get stuck.

It's up to you,, call your Doc, and let them know. Or see if your swelling goes down.

YOU KNOW HOW YOU FEEL !