Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've read alot about slippage and what causes it and how it is fixed or removed. But what are the symptoms of a slipped band? How do you know if it has slipped?

Vomiting, unable to keep any sort of food down including liquids, acid reflux, sudden loss of restriction, etc.

Thanks Rev. Just curious. Sometimes its hard to know what is normal and what is not!

Thanks Rev. Just curious. Sometimes its hard to know what is normal and what is not!

I know exactly what you're talking about. I keep getting paranoid that my band will slip. I really feel like it'll happen. And with every weird feeling or sudden tightness, it crosses my mind.

I don't vomit regularly, but I went through a few days in a row of repeated vomiting after getting a fill that was too tight a couple of months ago. I kept getting things painfully stuck. food would get stuck even when I kept to mushies and Soup. And I couldn't get a defill until about 4 days after I called to make an appointment. I was already worried about getting a slip before this because I had a hiatal hernia repair during surgery and I think I'm genetically prone to hiatal hernias (my mom and grandma had it, although neither of them are overweight). Supposedly, the hernia can increase the risk of a slip, and I don't see why I couldn't develop the hernia again.

The idea of a slip worries me so much because I'm self-pay. I don't think I would want my parents to pay thousands more than they already have in order to fix the slipped band. So, I'd be SOL for a replacement band, and it would waste the $16000 that was paid for the first. I almost feel like there should be a refund if this product stops working so soon after purchase (or more likely, a free repair)! It's just "tough luck" for us self-payers as it is.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I keep getting paranoid that my band will slip. I really feel like it'll happen. And with every weird feeling or sudden tightness, it crosses my mind.

Keep in mind that a slip usually takes a lengthy time period of vomitting, over-tightness, PBs, etc. I wouldn't worry so much. Do you worry each time you go drive somewhere that the car you paid for will get in an accident? :) Just do your best, follow the rules and you'll be fine!

I'm in the same self-pay boat! It adds a little extra anxiety about slippage!