Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I maintained........

i'm almost 3 years post op and its taken me almost the entire 3 years to lose my weight. did i indulge? umm YEAH. did i lose weight slower than people who don't indulge? probably. but i'm okay with that!

congrats on maintaining... i'm jealous that you ate pizza though. my band doesn't let me have bread : (

Lol thanks and congrats to you too!

Let me clarify, I ate the top ppart only. I should have said that. Bread is a big no no for me also. But I tre up that gooey cheese! Lol

Fluffy

I do apologize, your right sometimes we read to much into a post. I shouldnt have gone off on you like that.

Fluffy

I do apologize, your right sometimes we read to much into a post. I shouldnt have gone off on you like that.

I absolutely love the way you are not ashamed to appologize even if you don't have a reason too. It shows that you really care about the feelings of others, and that their is no malice in your comments.

Like you, I am losing slow to. I have four kids, and am a single mom so some days my meals are quick and easy and not so healthy. Also, when I dip ice cream for the kids, sometimes it's two for them and one for me...lol I am ok with the slow loss though, because i would like to enjoy these little things. I am also ok with those people who choose not to. We are all individuals, and have the right to our own styles, opinions, and weight loss plans.

O my! You are busy!!!!!!!!!

the first 8 months of being banded I lost 25 pounds. Sad but I was not motivated to get off my butt!

My daughters first day of school in August I went for a walk. Then the next day and the next. I dropped 18 pounds in a month. Wohoo lol

Since August I am down 55 pounds and its slow but so what! Lol and I havent made the best choices along the way and I have learned from them. You bet your butt I sneek a bite of mac and cheese or a french fry here or there.

Seriously though I think I would fail if I denied myself those little pleasures once a week or once every 2! Not as a reward, just living life!

That's awesome!!!

Good work!

I am firmly in the "treats in moderation" camp, and I applaud you for your success in maintaining and then getting back to losing.

This is for life. The more we are able to train ourselves to indulge in moderation and then get right back to healthy eating without the shame and guilt, the better we will succeed.

Every friday, since my kids were small, we had pizza. It was their weekly treat, since I really couldn't afford much. They're 30 and 28 now, and still they come over every friday for pizza. Don't think for one minute that I'd give that up! The only difference is now I eat one slice instead of 6 - and I'm still losing.

I am gonna have to agree with fluffy. I have lost 84 lbs and still want to lose 15 or 20 lbs. If I go off track for some treat it takes me about two days to get back on track. I do not know why I do that but it really screws me up. That leads back yoyo dieting. I think it is GREAT for those of you who have more willpower than I do. I did in the beginning. But now it is like I am just going around in a circle. (20 months post -op)

A lot of the problem is I watch my two grandbabies 2 and 4 several hours a day. And I have to keep stuff in the house for them that are not good for me. Then there is my skinny snack eating dear husband and all his stuff. If I just don't give in at all it is all the better for me. But I, and I think fluffy too just do not have what it takes to fight our triggers over and over again and we do not want to, so it is our way of working the Band, stay away for the triggers. Just a different point of view some people feel deprived if they can not have a treat once in a while so I say if it does not trigger you go for it.

Also a good idea for planning out your week ahead to just maintain and not try to lose so you could have some fun!

Cheri

Cheri, you're right-- different strokes for different folks. What I should have said is that I, personally, am in the "treats in moderation" camp since I know that is what will sustain me for a lifetime. I can't speak for others.

Hopefully I can get myself together and be at that state of mind too. Not too sure what is wrong with me right now, not losing but not gaining. I am trying to straighten myself out. It is a mind game right now for me. Looking for change in the future.

Cheri

I cant believe you all really tell people how to post or what they should say or how they should say it. Everyone reads what they want how they want and answer to how they percieve it. People this is an INTERNET FORUM say what you want how you want thats why our troops are fighting for us to have a free country, free speech, its our human right to say what we want and whomever doesnt agree or doesnt like it then oh well get over it. You take it upon yourselves to post then get pissed when people answer. Isnt that what you wanted???????????????????????? An aswer whether it be oh sweety that is awesome or hey dumby really you posted it so expect and accept whatever response you get.

Did you read the whole thread?

I cant believe you all really tell people how to post or what they should say or how they should say it. Everyone reads what they want how they want and answer to how they percieve it. People this is an INTERNET FORUM say what you want how you want thats why our troops are fighting for us to have a free country, free speech, its our human right to say what we want and whomever doesnt agree or doesnt like it then oh well get over it. You take it upon yourselves to post then get pissed when people answer. Isnt that what you wanted???????????????????????? An aswer whether it be oh sweety that is awesome or hey dumby really you posted it so expect and accept whatever response you get.

Wow that's deep. Was it really thaty serious???? lololololololol. Hahahahaha

Come on everybody calm down it is just different opinions. Of course we are not going to agree on everything but we should all act like adults. Learn from the threads above where people said “I sorry” How do we help each other when we name call and be rude to each other.

Cheri

Yes Cheri I agree that some of us cant have any trigger foods. Sugar is my poison for sure. I buy every single thing sugar free and I make my husband buy a single serving if he wants it and eat it then. Desperate times call for desperate measures but my husband is the most supportive person ever. Its been a tough road for me. The last two weeks especially I am 15 months out only have 3 and a half ccs in my band and I am having hell to eat because I get severe swelling after a fill. Its been two weeks and I am still eating mush. I know I have proper restriction now because the funny thing is that I thought my food was getting stuck but it was going down only painfully then I realized that it wasnt getting stuck at all but that I was eating too fast, the pouch was filling up and trying to empty at one time with too much food in it and omg the pain. So now I have learned the difference between stuck and just not taking my time to eat. Stuck is one thing the pouch dumping all at once with a big amount of food in it OMG that is pain I will say.

So my week of weightloss after the week I maintained I lost 3 and a half pounds.

I think I am getting the hang of this! Lol