Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I maintained........

Going into last week I knew I was not going to follow my healthy eating habits. It was my daughter's birthday and one of her friends. Like I was going to pass up pizza and cake! lol

So I said hmmmm maybe instead of focusing on losing weight this week I should just try to maintain. I have lost 80 pounds and have another 45 to go. Believe me I feel great and I know I have time to get the rest of that weight off. I did my 30-60 minutes at the gym 4 days last week. And YES I indulged in pizza and cake. And I maintained my current weight. This week I am back to eating healthy and have lost a pound.

I have seen some posts here that make me cringe. One of the most ridiculous things is no you can't eat this or that or you can't eat fast food and expect to lose. Well, Portion Control and exercise are the keys to making this work. Of course we can't eat at Mcdonalds or some place like that everyday. But to cut yourself off from everything! That's just crazy!

Remember skinny people eat pizza too! (just in moderation)

Congratulations! I think you've figured it out! The idea is to live your life and lose weight. If it takes a little longer, so be it. This is not a contest to see who gets thin first.

I always feel sorry for those people who think they can't eat anything fun, or need to eat in a certain order or at a certain time. Jeez...it doesn't have to be like that.

Cindy

I know!

One of the best things that I have gotten from the band is knowing I won't be trapped in this body my whole life! Pre band I would cry at night because I felt so desperate to lose weight and felt like there was nothing I could do.

That first night home from surgery even though I was in pain, I was so happy because I knew my life had changed for the better!

It has taken me a year and a half to lose those 80 pounds, but all that time was worth it. I have stumbled along the way but I pick myself back up and get right back on track! Those days of I cheated so whats the use are gone.

It must suck to not indulge in a bad food every once in a while.

Listen some people can never eat things again because of their make up will sabotage their band. I for one can not ever indulge in sweets ever again and you know why because if I have one piece of candy, one piece of cake, one teaspoon of ice cream its all over for me. I am a sugar addict and just like drugs if I ever eat anything sweet again I will be doomed forever once again. So I chose to not eat them ever again. One thing with sugar will trigger weeks and weeks of sugar and its not worth it to me to even try to say I will eat one piece of something. I cant. If you can eat a piece of cake and thats fine then hey good for you but some people just cannot. Before my band my diet was sugar Breakfast lunch and dinner I never cared about eating real food ever. So yes there are some of us out there that can never eat certain things because it would be detrimental.

Listen? Really?

I'm sorry that you have not dealt with your issues. Cause wow! Really? Sugar for weeks and weeks!?

You know fluffy I have been overweight for 20 years. Forgive me if I decided to post a good and positive experiance I had.

I can tell from your other posts and this one that you are a negative person. So I realize you don't like it when someone else does well. Just an observation.

This was not meant to be a i'm better than you post. Just my experiance and what works for me. It may not work for everyone but it might help someone.

Did you really even NEED to make a comment here?

Love it!! Totally shows that it is okay to indulge once in awhile, especially if it's a planned one. I am glad you posted this. Hopefully it will show others that food isn't off limits with the band. It's all about control and proper planning :)

Fluffy I take back what I said about you being a negative person........but don't come in here and poop on my post!

I am glad I saw this post. I am almost a week out from my surgery and there is this little thought in the back of my head that I will never be able to have the things I used to love. It is good to know that with informed, conscience decisions you can still enjoy food.< /p>

Reverie you have done awesome! I am so happy for you!

I am glad I saw this post. I am almost a week out from my surgery and there is this little thought in the back of my head that I will never be able to have the things I used to love. It is good to know that with informed, conscience decisions you can still enjoy food.

Congrats on your new journey!

Be better than I was the first few months! Lol Follow your docs diet plan, I know its hard the first few weeks, but it will get better.

If you do make a mistake or gain a pound along the way don't beat yourself up. Learn from it and move forward. You will be alright!

I am hardly a negative person and was not trying to spoil your post I was just merely showing that some people can not indulge and I am sure Im not the only one. Yes I have a sugar addiction and I have dealt with it by never eating it. The thing that really irritates me by people here is that just because you write something they say you are negative but do you really know how I meant what I said??? Do you know me or my personality??? No no one does. The whole problem with writing is that when people dont know you they take it the way they want to read it and misconstrue it to their terms and how they want to take it. I was in no means raining on your parade and Im so happy for you that you were able to maintain. No post I make is meant by any means to hurt the poster. Maybe I dont always no the right way to answer but that hardly gives anyone any reason to assume I am negative or trying to demean them because I am not.

Reverie you have done awesome! I am so happy for you!

Thanks; as have you! I'm still pushing to lose these last 12lbs.

Maybe you should choose your words more carefully. I took back the negative comment, I apologize.

I think it's great that you set a goal of maintaining your present weight, still exercising and treating yourself on a special ocassion. We all are or will be faced with challenges/celebrations but we must remember moderation, exercise, and getting back on track eating our regular healthy foods. Congrats to you for your committment to your weight loss goals.

Going into last week I knew I was not going to follow my healthy eating habits. It was my daughter's birthday and one of her friends. Like I was going to pass up pizza and cake! lol

So I said hmmmm maybe instead of focusing on losing weight this week I should just try to maintain. I have lost 80 pounds and have another 45 to go. Believe me I feel great and I know I have time to get the rest of that weight off. I did my 30-60 minutes at the gym 4 days last week. And YES I indulged in pizza and cake. And I maintained my current weight. This week I am back to eating healthy and have lost a pound.

I have seen some posts here that make me cringe. One of the most ridiculous things is no you can't eat this or that or you can't eat fast food and expect to lose. Well, Portion Control and exercise are the keys to making this work. Of course we can't eat at Mcdonalds or some place like that everyday. But to cut yourself off from everything! That's just crazy!

Remember skinny people eat pizza too! (just in moderation)

i'm almost 3 years post op and its taken me almost the entire 3 years to lose my weight. did i indulge? umm YEAH. did i lose weight slower than people who don't indulge? probably. but i'm okay with that!

congrats on maintaining... i'm jealous that you ate pizza though. my band doesn't let me have bread : (