Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to be patient

I'm currently playing the waiting game. Any day now I should get an approval from Tricare and a surgery date. We're stationed in Germany right now and the Tricare lady said that I should be getting the surgery in April. I can't wait to join the April Bandsters!

I've been trying out different Protein Shakes in an attempt to get ready. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Protein powder or ready-made drink? I've done a lot of research and I was looking into the nectar brand. Has anyone tried the strawberry Mousse or vanilla bean flavor?

Thanks for all of your input/advice :)

I've heard mixed reviews on nectar but I've never tried it myself. I like Muscle Milk Light, Labrada, Syntha 6, BSN Lean Dessert, and Xtreme Formulations.

Good luck and hope you're banded soon!

I tried a couple of Nectars...can't remember what flavors, but I was not a fan of them. As far as ready-made, I liked the EAS vanilla and banana. But what I really like is a sf carnation instant Breakfast with plain greek yogurt and/or fruit. Brings your Protein to about 19 or 20grams. That's pretty good for one sitting. Good luck and hope you make it to the April Bandsters with me! (4/21)

Thank you! Do you prefer those in powder form or the pre-made kind? You're doing SO well! I can't wait to get to "Onederland!" Congratulations on all of your success with the band :)

I've heard mixed reviews on nectar but I've never tried it myself. I like Muscle Milk Light, Labrada, Syntha 6, BSN Lean Dessert, and Xtreme Formulations.

Good luck and hope you're banded soon!

Thanks! I am so anxious to get my surgery date! I really hope that I will get to join the April group :) I'll have to see if they carry the EAS at our commissary!

I tried a couple of Nectars...can't remember what flavors, but I was not a fan of them. As far as ready-made, I liked the EAS vanilla and banana. But what I really like is a sf carnation instant breakfast with plain greek yogurt and/or fruit. Brings your Protein to about 19 or 20grams. That's pretty good for one sitting. Good luck and hope you make it to the April Bandsters with me! (4/21)

I'm waiting patiently to hear from Tricare too! I only have Tricare RS in the North region and they are not as fast as some others with Tricare have seemed to have had. They also said my file was misfiled somewhere else and that's why it took so long! I've already waited 2.5 weeks and HOPE to get an answer by the beginning of the work week! I'm hoping to get banded BEFORE April or a the very beginning. I was wanted to get banded before my bday, which is April 8. :)

I also have a friend who just moved over to Germany with the Army! She is in Stuttgart...where are you located?

Good luck on your journey!

I'm with you Erin, the sooner I can get banded the better! If they can offer me a surgery in March I'd gladly take it ;)

We're in the Wiesbaden area. I think we're a couple of hours away from Stuttgart.

Originally they told me that it should only take a few days to get approved since I meet the requirements. I guess Tricare has been taking longer lately to approve things. Like I said, I'm just trying to be patient ;) I can't help but call the Tricare lady every once in a while to check on the status though.

Good luck to you, too! I hope you get your approval soon!

I'm waiting patiently to hear from Tricare too! I only have Tricare RS in the North region and they are not as fast as some others with Tricare have seemed to have had. They also said my file was misfiled somewhere else and that's why it took so long! I've already waited 2.5 weeks and HOPE to get an answer by the beginning of the work week! I'm hoping to get banded BEFORE April or a the very beginning. I was wanted to get banded before my bday, which is April 8. :)

I also have a friend who just moved over to Germany with the Army! She is in Stuttgart...where are you located?

Good luck on your journey!

I call my Tricare lady quite a bit too! I called them twice in a row before they called me back and the nice woman gave me her direct line. I'm sure if I don't get an answer soon she will regret it, lol. She was very nice and apologetic and reassuring though. NOW I'm hoping they cover as much as they have for other people! There was a gentleman in a support group meeting I went to and he said he only had to pay $50 and that was because he had to stay an extra day in the hospital!

That would be AMAZING for me, lol. (Although, I am SO not that lucky...ever)

My friend literally just got to Germany last week.She said they got a place already but their stuff hasn't arrived yet! How long have you been over there? Do you like it?

We have Tricare Prime, so I'm hoping that they cover everything. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out!

We got here at the beginning of December. We love Germany! My husband and I both interned in different parts of Germany in college. We've been hoping to make it back to Europe for years! I hope your friend likes it, too! It takes a bit of time to get used to, but it's an amazing country!

I call my Tricare lady quite a bit too! I called them twice in a row before they called me back and the nice woman gave me her direct line. I'm sure if I don't get an answer soon she will regret it, lol. She was very nice and apologetic and reassuring though. NOW I'm hoping they cover as much as they have for other people! There was a gentleman in a support group meeting I went to and he said he only had to pay $50 and that was because he had to stay an extra day in the hospital!

That would be AMAZING for me, lol. (Although, I am SO not that lucky...ever)

My friend literally just got to Germany last week.She said they got a place already but their stuff hasn't arrived yet! How long have you been over there? Do you like it?

I'm sure she will be fine! She is very adaptable and gets along with everyone! She is also crazy smart and will undoubtedly pick up the language in no time! My husband and I hope to plan a trip out there before she leaves to go visit. The thought is a bit overwhelming because I know it will be expensive but I have never been to Germany (I went to France in high school) and would love to visit!

Also, I think that gentleman I told you about also had Prime...I would bet you won't have any problems with that! :)

Hey! I just got banded on 3/4 and we're also stationed in Germany! are you in shweinfurt by any chance? I came home (california) to have the surgery but im coming back very soon..I dont know anyone personally who has gotten the surgery or has gotten fills in germany so im curious as to which doctor you might be going through? oh and to answer your original question, Im drinking the Jillian Micheals shakes (chocolate) but ive tried the vanilla as well, they are both great! and the pre-made drinks have 17g of protien and the powder has 15..i drink them twice a day and its working out great!

good luck with everything!

Go on ebay and type in MUSCLE MILK. Light will also come up. There is a lot of distributors with a variety to choose from. I just bought my MML from a lady for $5.99 a Jug you only add Water 8 0z/2 scoops. A jug goes a long way. Shipping was $10.00 that is cheap ! So I bought 2 strawberry Milkshakes, and 1 Peanut Butter, chocolate shake. She figured out the shipping, and it was well worth it.

MUSCLE MILK IS HIGH IN Protein, LOW IN CALORIES, AND IF YOUR LACTOSE INTOLERANT, YOU GOT IT MADE.

Where I had my surgery, we where all told to drink MM. I drink both regular, and light. Hope this Helps....

Good health to you, Shirley.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the input. I'm hoping that today is the day I get a call from Tricare ;)

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the input. I'm hoping that today is the day I get a call from Tricare ;)

We are stationed in the UK. Did you go through a military dr. for the referral or do you see a off base provider? Did you have to have 6mos supervised diet and 5 year history? We are at a remote location without a US military facility. This had made things more difficult. Thanks for any info you have. I hope you get your call today. Wishing you tons of luck.