Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting mushies tomarrow. I was banded 14 days ago and I am kind of worried about what all I should eat. I have been trying to stick with low carb Soups and things but but at this stage its very hard to follow low carb. Things such as yogart and fat /sugar free pudding are LOADED with carbs. Im not sure what to do with low fat or low carb. its very hard to do both.

Have you tried greek yogurt?

Yes actually it still has a lot of carbs. and it taste nasty! lol. Im getting high Protein stuff but should i do low carb or low fat during this stage? its just confusing because my nutritionist gave me mash tators and yogart pudding all of those things but yet said stay low carb. its not possible.

I guess I didn't worry about the carbs so much... but I ate a lot of cottage cheese!

I was thinking that tunafish salad and cottage cheese were going to become my best friend over the next 2-3 weeks. lol!!! i found enchilada Soup from McAlisters to be delicious too ! without the chip chunks that is.

I had surgery February 28, and am still doing the soft/mushy phase. I too am doing low carb---seems ti work best for me and it is what my doctor recommends. I eat tuna, chicken, and egg salad a lot. I also made some soft meatballs that I was able to mash up with some marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Stick it in the oven/microwave to melt the cheese and it is very yummy. I am going to try a ricotta bake tonight. Ricotta cheese, marinara, and mozzarella baked---sounds good. I stayed away from yogurt and puddings because of the carb/sugar content.

That sounds fantastic!!! I think i like that idea. I will stay away from those things to and try to stick with cheeses and soft meat and totally forgot abou scrambled eggs! yumm Thank you all so much for the ideas and help!

For now I would'nt really worry about carbs. Esp. regarding non fat Greek yoghurt. I add half a scoop vanilla whey isolate, 1 tsp benefiber, some Splendra (very sour without, I buy Chobani non fat with fruit). About 200 cal, 26 g Protein. Now that I am on solids I still have greek yoghurt for Breakfast but now add 1 scoop kashi go lean Cereal. During mushies I also made egg whites and at the very end added 1/8 cup cottage cheese.< /p>

Did your NUT give you any guidelines for how many carbs you can have in a day? I had a conversation with my NUT about this at my last appt because I was thinking that my carbs were too high (I normally only watch Protein and calories) but she told me that as long as I keep them under 50/day then that was considered a low carb diet. I realize that many people keep their carbs much lower than that so I should also say I am not a diabetic and don't have any issues with my blood sugar so this level of carbs works for me. Also, she reminded me that there is a difference between getting your carbs from white rice and Pasta and getting them from dairy. If you make sure that you choose a "good" source of carbs and keep the rest of your diet in balance then you should be ok - although I agree with honk that right now you should just focus on healing and not worry so much about the carbs unless you have specific medical reasons to do so...

Thank you. and no my NUT told me low carb and high Protein. I am going into my followup tomarrow and i sure hope they are prepared for the flow of questions! lol its amazing how when you go in you have no questions at all...then you have the surgery and they multiply daily! i would probably be going crazy if it wernt for all you guys and gals who are talking about things on here!

If you have a Blender or food processor, you can chop up peaches or strawberries, and have that with your cottage cheese. You can mush up any type of fruit for a dessert or anything,

Just remember to skin it. Poached eggs or softboiled were good. Remember little piece only... You already now know the rest ! I did do flavored packet oatmeal though. It was o k to do.

Good Luck! Shirley.

• Plain Greek yogurt w/ fresh fruit
  • Cottage cheese
  • Soft, low fat cheese like Laughing Cow wedges or Babybel
  • Ricotta cheese
  • Egg Beaters
  • Edd salad
  • I'm LOVING a poached egg on some cooked spinach.
  • Canned chicken salad with sliced green onion. Use plain greek yogurt for more Protein over mayo. Add dill or tarragon for a yummy taste!
  • Add tofu (blended) with your Soups. You'll get the protein and shouldn't be able to taste the tofu. The tofu usually takes the taste form of whatever it's mixed with.
  • Fake lasagna: layer shaved ham on the bottom, veggies w/ marinara, low fat mozzarella and cottage cheese in a pan and bake
  • Crustless egg souffle: layer shaved ham on the bottom, mix eggs, low fat cheese (I use garlic herb laughing cow wedges) and veggies ( i use onion, mushroom and spinach), salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture on top of the ham and bake until a toothpick or fork tines come out cleanly when inserted.

Check out the Nutrition section of this forum. I found so many great recipes!