Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gaining???

Hi i was banded 2-24-11 and was on Clear Liquids till. Thursday. On friday i started Protein Shakes andthicker souo. I was down 11lbs and so excited. However yesterday i even exercused and ate a sugarfree pudding had my Soup and water...today i am up 2lbs!!! Eyiiii. What now. Now i wonder if i gaib with orotein shakes wats going to happen when i go to food? ?? Is it normal to gain

Normal. Probably not even a true gain. You're adding in new foods after being on liquids. Advice? Stay off the scale for a bit.

Had the same exact thing happen to me. First off - make sure you're giving your body time to heal. Secondly - i started watching my calories at week 3. Before that I was only getting 700-800 calories a day - that's when i was gaining. I've now found that if i stay at appr 1100 calories a day i'm having a steady loss of 2-3 pounds per week. Also start walking - i starting walking at week 3, it helps you feel better and keeps the weight coming off too. Give you self a break - you're doing great. Keep it up.

Thabk you for the replies. It really makes a diff talking to others. I think i will only weigh once a week and start that sunday!

Thabk you for the replies. It really makes a diff talking to others. I think i will only weigh once a week and start that sunday!

Good idea. Do it at a routine time though. I do it as soon as I wake up.

One question I have is did you doctor give you requirements for the Protein shakes? Are you making your own or buying ready to drink? The whey isolate powder that I use ranges from 110-120 cal, 2-3 g cabs, 24-28 g Protein, 1-2 g fat. Some protein powers have a lot more cal and or fat for the same amount of protein. Depending on your powder if you make the shake with milk the calories can vary a great deal. I would look for shakes made with milk to be at around 200 cal. I also use Premier ready to drink which is 160 cal for 30 g of protein.

Also the thicker Soups are they a low cal/fat variety? Yes this period is largely about healing, but eating cream based Soups are going to be high in calories. I personaly liked Tomato, or sweet red pepper puree soups; to which I would add Mrs Dash non salt flavorings (add before heating so the spices reconstitute).

well with me it was like that - I went through a rough period one week and gained 10lbs after that. I started sessions with a psych and I am loosing again. To me mind and body are the same

I make my own shake. Using 1tsp choc sugarfree pudding mix. 8oz unsweetened almond milk and 1scoop unflavored whey. Its 3carbs total 2fat 160cal and 26protein. Also drink that 2x a day. I am eating low sodium tomatoe bisque Soup blended and been blending broccili and i slice fat free cheese wich is 65cal per serving. So i am hoping maybe my body just has to adjust to taking on diff foods again.