Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2006 January Chat

Hi All.im Debbie From Littleton,ma.i Was Banded 01/31/05.it Was Taken Out 03/16/06.i Cried!i Lost A Total Of 40 Lbs.i Have Had Trouble From The Get Go.i Had Some Of The Contraindications From The Start.did Not Know This Till It Was To Late.i Had Mine Done At St.eliz.med.ctr.in Brighton By Dr.pecquex.she Is So Wonderful!i Feel Much Better.i Had(are You All Ready For This?)gerd,ibs,n/v,sticking food, ulcer,bile And Regular Gastritis,abd Pains,you Name It I Had It.my Band Did Not Erode!it Just Didnt Agree With Me.so Maybe In A Year Or So I Will Have The By-pass At Newton/wellsley Hospital.hope To Hear From Others With A Similar Story.see Ya.debbie.

Hi everyone,

It's really great to be able to come on this site and read so much good information. I have not been banded yet, I am just starting the process this month. I am from Taunton too. I was wondering are there support groups in the Taunton area for after surgery?? well best wishes to you all on your journey's.

:clap2:

not sure where everyone went but last you all knew I got denied by my insurance company. Well I appealed it and got a letter on Saturday stated that they were pleased to inform me that the procedure would be covered YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So now this AM I am waiting for the DR.'s office to open and I am calling to go to the next step I am so excited. will keep you posted

Well hello all my fellow lap banders I am so excited today I had Cheryl call me from Dr. Fiallo's office and ask me whne I would like the surgery and I said to her " IS YESTERDAY TOO SOON?" so she said she would see what she could do. and drum roll please.....................................

SURGERY IS JULY 21 ST YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

part of me is excited and part of me is scared of what to expect after surgery so all I know is every night I will be on here reading and rereading about the procedure and what to expect. I am glad I do not have to wait months for the date to arrive. it will be over before I know it. So any advice anybod can give me to help me make it through the next 2 weeks would be so much appreciated.

I am so excited to be on the other side soon looking back I plan on taking before and after pictures and once I am looking somewhat decent I will post them.

I know you all are and will be very excited and very much supportive for me and I want to thank you all for the kind words in the past and the encouraging words in the future towards a new lighter me. Thank you all

ok ok I know 11 days and counting. you ask excited? Nervous? I am both. but I do have good news I spoke with a woman in person the other day that has my exact surgeon and just had it done a week prior to us talking and she looked great so some of my nervousness went away. she put my mind to rest at somethings. I know everyone is different but she just looked great and has already started losing weight. I am so excited.

have a good day everyone

Congrats Mel! The time will come up quickly and yes, it will feel SO good to be on the "losing" side after banding... and very soon for you! YAY!

Congratulations Mel! I had Dr. Fiallo for a surgeon too. He's great. July 21st will be here before you know it.

CONGRATULATION MEL:) WELCOME TO THE LOSER SIDE..

DR.FIALLO IS WITH DR.HAAG MY DR I AM SO GLAD I HAD THIS DONE:clap2:

YOU WILL DO JUST FINE GO WITH A POSTIVE OUTLOOK ABOUT LIFE AND THINGS USUALLY TURN OUT REAL GOOD.

WILL HAVE U IN MY PRAYERS...:(:confused:

Thank you all for your positive comments. It really means alot to me and I see how well you all are doing in your weight loss and I can not wait for that also. I figure by Xmas I should be down a few pants size which in my mind will be GREAT YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Well I will talk to you all before surgery and I will try to pop on here when I get home at least to let everyone know I am ok. Thank you ALL AGAIN.

Ok all surgery in only a few days I went today and checked out curves so I have some idea of my work out after surgery. I guess I am starting to get scared not knowing how I am going to handle the swallowing thing and eating. Of course we are going on vacation at the end of August to Old Orchard Beach Maine and I believe I will at least be on Mushies by then. I am so looking forward to losing this weight and can not wait to post before and after pictures. I guess I am scared of the UNKNOWN... Well you all have been great support for me and many other newbies and I hope I will also be support for someone someday. I know the lady at curves wants to take before and after pictures of me and she also is very excited to watch me transform into a thinner person. That alone makes me very happy.

I can do what ever I set my mind to and this is not a challenge this is merely a speed bump in life.

ON YOUR MARK

GET SET

NOW LOSE SOME WEIGHT

HERE I COME TO A THINNER ME

READY OR NOT HERE I COME

ok all I am now an official bander member. I had surgery this morning and I am now home got home about 1 hour ago. I am doing fine feeling very sore and sometimes get the feeling that I want to vomit after drinking some Water but I have not. I just want to pop in and tell you all that I am fine thank you al for great support

good morning all I have a few questions for you all. When were you able to lay down in bed after being banded? I have so much pain trying to get into bed that I am sleeping on the recliner and man my whole body aches form being in that postition all night. when does the pain start going away. I mean I can get up and walk with minimal pain but to stand up from a sitting position it really hurts. I am day 3 out of surgery. I also find that I get the dry hic cups more often now has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Melissa - yes, the recliner was my best friend for far too long, lol! I was sleeping in it until the 5th or 6th day - then, I could head into the bedroom, and with considerable assistance, could lay on my back. (Only lasted a few hours in this position, needed help to get back to my recliner to finish sleeping!) Yep, it stinks, but it was normal for me!

I kept taking my pain pills so I slept in that recliner too - don't stop the pills, if you can help it.

I wasn't sleeping on my side and in the bed for about 10 days!

Good luck -