Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its Official! Im Approved!

my dh and i got our approvals last thursday. im waiting now for scheduling to call with a surgery date. i have a question for you all. since both of us are getting banded, do you think it would be beneficial to wait a month between bandings or would it be ok to have them done together, or maybe a week apart? originally the docs office said surgeries would be one month a part but i think they were also taking into consideration that we may be having gb and not lb. i would really like to be done together, but having not gone thru this i dont know what to expect as far as being able to help each other afterwards. we do have grown kids that are here to help us. so what do you all think?

thanks. i really do appreciate this board, i have read and learned so much. you may not see me input much but boy once im banded, i will officially be a fixture here.

:banana

Congratulations! Wow...the recoveries for LP and GP are so different. I'm betting if you both get banded, the same day would be fine, especially if you have grown children to help. Barring any complications, of course.

I'd hesitate to advise about the GP recovery. If you do them a month apart, who would go first? Just wonderin'. Keep us posted!

My partner and I both got banded on the same day, it has worked out great because we both go through the same things at the same time, on liquids, and mushies together it will make life a lot easier for the both of you. We understand what each is going through. Good luck

I wish I had someone to go through this with me. I think it would be a great help to have hubby/wife in the same boat and going through the same things. I would feel blessed to have someone to share it with. I will have my daughter and son-in-law with me, and hopefully they will understand the different ways I have to approach food and the stages. I would ask the dr. to schedule you both for the same day. That's just my opinion though. Best of luck to you both.

I would have it both the same day. You already said you have someone there in case you need them. I didn't need anyone to help me the day I came home, I got up and got anything I needed myself. Good luck and keep us posted on the day and what you decide to do.

(I certainly wouldn't want him to go before me and lose before me!):laugh :laugh :laugh

thanks for your input. that was basically the way i was leaning. im hoping to talk to the scheduler today so we will see if its possible to do both together. keep your fingers crossed!

YIPPI......So glad you got approved!!!! Congrats and you will be so happy you did this for yourselves!!!Its hard to say if you should do this together or not. Since you have others that can help the 2 of you after surgery... I say go for it together! It will take you both at least a week to feel pretty well back to normal. Those first few days after surgery is hard but doing this together could be so rewarding in the end. you will both go through the food stages at the same time..know how the other is feeling ect... You will be changing your lives together. Love is a wonderful thing!!! Good luck to both of you in whatever you decide!