Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a fill yesterday and have had the hiccups ever since. Have anyone ever felt like that. I wonder if it will go down once the swelling has went down.

I get the hiccups a lot but not continuous, just when I have had enough to eat. It is my indicator that I am full.

I get the hiccups a lot but not continuous, just when I have had enough to eat. It is my indicator that I am full.

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I get hiccups when I'm done eating, too. :)

Dave

Dave

Nope, not the only one. I know other bandsters that have this as well.

Dave

I don't get them when I'm done eating. I tend to get them after just a few bites, when I don't take my time as I should (which is still way too often, I'm afraid). When it happens, I hold my breath for 40 second or so, and they always go away.

So my DH pointed something out that made me think of this thread again.

OK, so I have a German Shepherd dog who enjoys my lap band for the benefit of finishing my food after a meal since now that I am banded I often cannot clean my plate. He is a well behaved dog that does not sit at the table and beg but my getting up from the table with my plate was alway his indicator to come and get it. But yesterday at lunch time my DH mentioned that the dog jumps up when I hiccup because he knows that means I am finished. I wasn't sure he was right about that but I looked for that reaction at dinner last night and sure enough when I hiccupped the dog came running. :D

OK, so I have a German Shepherd dog who enjoys my lap band for the benefit of finishing my food after a meal since now that I am banded I often cannot clean my plate. He is a well behaved dog that does not sit at the table and beg but my getting up from the table with my plate was alway his indicator to come and get it. But yesterday at lunch time my DH mentioned that the dog jumps up when I hiccup because he knows that means I am finished. I wasn't sure he was right about that but I looked for that reaction at dinner last night and sure enough when I hiccupped the dog came running. :D

Now THAT'S funny. Isn't it amazing how animals monitor our lives, even when we don't?

I have a cat who is a bit of a skittish thing, hides under the couch a lot, and only shows up when she thinks there's something in it for her. If I rip open a cheese stick package, and (even better!) peel open a yogurt cup, she's RIGHT THERE in my face, forceably begging for a taste. I give her a tiny bite of cheese or let her lick the yogurt spoon when I'm done, She doesn't beg for other food, and doesn't get any, but she is so insistent when it's these two. The funny thing is it doesn't matter how quiet I am with it. She hears it, and is instantly in my face. :)

Dave

That's hilarious.

Now THAT'S funny. Isn't it amazing how animals monitor our lives, even when we don't?

I have a cat who is a bit of a skittish thing, hides under the couch a lot, and only shows up when she thinks there's something in it for her. If I rip open a cheese stick package, and (even better!) peel open a yogurt cup, she's RIGHT THERE in my face, forceably begging for a taste. I give her a tiny bite of cheese or let her lick the yogurt spoon when I'm done, She doesn't beg for other food, and doesn't get any, but she is so insistent when it's these two. The funny thing is it doesn't matter how quiet I am with it. She hears it, and is instantly in my face. :)

Dave

LOL, that is cute. Gotta love our little critters :)

Ever since I've reach good restriction, I hiccup 3 times after I'm full. Kind of funny!

Hmm...three is my magic number too!

I don't know about your pets, but mine have selective hearing. They could be in a sound proof panic room but if someone slowly tiptoed to the pet pantry....they'd hear it from the next state over.

On the other hand, if you call them because you want them to go outside or something, they'll decide if they can hear you or not. Kind of like husbands.

Glad I'm not alone with the hiccups. I get them if I eat something just that tiny bit too fast. And then I don't eat anything more once I have them. It's kind of like a 'full' indicator.