Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Feb bandster gotten a fill yet?

JPT - sorry about your mom. I too have diverticulitis and am just learning all about it. Good luck! You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. xxooo

Kristi

JPT--you and your Mom are in my prayers! That is so very sad. I lost my mom almost 10 years ago, and though it doesn't sting nearly as much, there are times I am so very lonely for her. I hope she makes a full recovery!! :)

First things first... Prayers to u and your mom JPT! Speedy recovery! To the rest of you... Keep your heads up... I'm down 5 pounds since first fill! ( march 11 ) After the 3 week stall in weight loss it feels amazing to see the scale move again! Hip hip hooray! Lol ;)

I want to join everyone else's wish for a speedy recovery for your Mom, jpt. Your entire family is in my prayers.

Maryanne

JPT ~ I am so sorry to hear about your mom, and I'm wishing her a very speedy recovery. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Tom ~ The PB and sliming you descibed sounds very unpleasant! Like TexasMama, I've had an episode where I didn't cut/chew my chicken breast enough and it got a little stuck (I actually took a sip of Water to help it down, but it did not feel good) -- I just got distracted trying to get my kids to eat there dinner...toddlers and preschoolers...oi vey!

TexasMama ~ It is hard to balance eating the way we are supposed to and juggling kids at dinner. My DH had to work late a lot this past week and I got a bit careless -- plus, my kids live in carbs...much to my dismay...I don't think I've ever had a bigger craving for Pasta or rice in my life...geesh! I hear you on being hungry -- I was going 3-4 hours between meals without any hunger pangs, but these last few days I've had to add in a few almonds to snack on between meals. Let us know how your fill goes -- you are doing great!

Kis ~ You are doing awesome! Let us know how your fill goes! :)

Hope all of you other bandsters are doing well! I can't wait to see how our first fills affect us. :D

For me, I was stalled out for awhile and have started exercising which seems to help the scale move in a more positive direction. I've moved from my biggest clothes to the next size or two down in my closet, which was nice (DH thinks I'm crazy for hanging onto things but a girl's got to do what a girl's go to do! LoL). Last week I went to Zumba class twice and walked everyday for at least 30 minutes -- my nutritionist is big on getting 10,000 steps in each day, so I've been trying to aim for that (taking stairs at work, walking out and about every chance I get, etc.). I still have some restriction, but it seems to be less and less as time goes on, so I'm counting down to my first fill in about a week and a half.

Fill on Wed Mar 23 and down 1 lb since. Today on mushies :(. I am up to 5CC's I have more restriction but not sure how this will play out as I definetly have more resrtiction. But my stomach is a growling bear so happy to be off liquids and at the mushie stage.

Happy Friday banders! Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Kristi

Ok so I stopped doing the daily weigh in since the fill cause it was really frustrating to see the scale not move. One week later and I have gained 3 pounds :blink: , Yikes! I'm exercising like crazy 2+ hours of cardio with weight training 4 days a week and eating around 1200 cals a day. Ugh! I would rather the scale stay the same then move upward. I must be doing something wrong, I have an appointment with the surgeon in a week and hopefully the new trend will reverse and start going down by then. At least I hope so. Till then I'll keep plugging along and try to keep a positive zen like attitude AHUMMMMMMMMM, now where is that 'ol navel anyway? You are supposed to contemplate that, right? :P

Got fill #2 yesterday.. Lost 5.4 in the 2 weeks after first fill :). I'm good with that but want more faster... Lol. I am noticing a change in how clothes are fitting. I've got a lot to lose so not a whole lot of people even notice... Back to soft foods for a couple days and planning on a liquid diet tonite if ya know what I mean ;-) .....haven't had a drink for 2 months!!!! Anyways... It's for a charitable cause.. That's how I'm justifying it!

My doc/nurses are very aggressive... Got my 3rd fill and now can really tell I have restriction....prior too that, I really didn't notice... Life is good... Think I'll be ok with this fill for a while;-)

SO JEALOUS!!!:angry:

I called yesterday and asked to move fill two wks up and they said no because "they wait six weeks" between fills. ARGH!

I need a better fill I think, I am eating a little bit more than I should but not bad. Weight loss is sloowww last week. PMS has kicked in though so hopefully that's part of it.

My doc/nurses are very aggressive... Got my 3rd fill and now can really tell I have restriction....prior too that, I really didn't notice... Life is good... Think I'll be ok with this fill for a while;-)

I got my first fill today and it went well -- my doctor was very excited and supportive about my progress. I had 2 cc in my band from installation priming, and he added another cc, so I have 3 cc's total now. Today was liquids only, tomorrow soft food, and if all feels okay back to normal on Saturday. My doctor is conservative too, and I can't get another fill, if needed, for at least 6 weeks. I am hoping that this one does good for me. Well, I need to get to Zumba -- hope you all are doing well! :)

Btw, my doctor didn't use any numbing agent for the fill -- it pinched a little, but wasn't that bad. :D

I was banded on February 17th and had my first fill about 2 weeks ago. It was painless, which surprised me a little. I do feel some restriction but it seems to depend on the time of day. Going back in a week for another small fill. My doctor has told me that it can take anywhere from 2-4 fills to get you to the perfect spotl