Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find while you are losing weight or after you are through losing you have transfered your old eating patterns towards your pets? Sounds dumb but I think I am over feeding my 2 dogs because I want to eat so I think I am overfeeding them. One just burns it up running around be the other one is getting chucky! Am I the only one??

Cheri

You are NOT the only one. LOL

My husband and I were just talking the other day... we agreed that my little poodle needs LapBand!!! LOL It's all my fault. She's having a hard time as I'm trying to limit her Snacks too.

My dog is severely overweight... he could probably use lapband... I hate wasting food... so since surgery what i dont eat i always pass to the dog... he is enjoying it but i do feel ive passed my eatting habits to him

Also does your dog get food from someone else? My sister had to tell the neighbor kids to stop feeding the dog (they did'nt even have a dog and bought dog treats!).

I have always been very particular about my cat's diet and I think it has more to do with volunteering at an animal shelter and seeing how some of those cats and dogs come in. Yeah some come in very underweight but others are very LARGE and come to find out they already have health problems. Melody was a stray brought in underweight and they got her to normal weight and I've been able to keep her there for 3 years. She gets treats a couple times a week but I try to exercise her too for she's an indoor cat.

Although I do think she wonders sometimes why I'm not sitting at the puter eating allllll those good things I used to and telling her she can't have :lol:

One of my chihuahua's is getting pretty tubby. He's just so stinking cute I can't resist giving him snacks!! Poor baby, I need to stop that :(

Your pets being fat is just as bad for them as us being fat. Stop feeding your pets!!! I am an LVT and I see fat animals come in all the time with problems. It is not good for them

Trust me I know it is not good for them to be overweight, but I just noticed that it was becoming a pattern to feed them more when I do not feel good, I just tranferred my problems on to them. One is already on prescription food for her kidneys, guess them other one is gonna have to go back on prescription diet food.< /p>

Cheri

I haven't had that problem with my dog. He's a little pick-ur-knees but since I had surgery, I have been getting complaints from my husband and son about the portions I feed them. They seem to think since I am only eating a small amount that I am cuttting their portions in half of what I used to give them. I guess I am not paying attention and put my little palm size plate next to theirs when I am putting it all together and the amount I put on their plate, looks like a mountain of food. Guess I'll have to watch it and not starve my skinny butt husband and son.

My little min pins and rat terrier are all very slender, they are on strict feeding schedules and only get little treats through the day or eveninng, I wish I could force myself to eat like they do and stay in as good of shape as they are, lol. I would be devastated if they injured their legs or had a heart attack due to overfeeding, I would never forgive myself.

So I guess the answer would be no, I havent changed my way of feeding my lil guys and they have stayed slender and pretty. Sigh.....why didnt I tihnk of that? LOL.