Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP PLEASE Banded 3 weeks

I can not get the hang out this chewing 20-30 times and only eating small bites. i dont know what my problem is but i am still shoveling food in and i regret it 5 mins later. i puked two times today and once yesterday. when i eat only liquids, i over eat and consume to many calories a day. i am really upset and frustrated and scared i am going to screw something up with my band.

I'm sure we all do it at times. It seems I'm only careful after I've learned the hard way with each specific food! Hang in there though, it's got to get better!!!

A bit nit picky but are you at the start of 3 weeks or end? At day 15 I was able to move to cottage cheese and ricotta. On day 22 I could add canned chicken. Is your doctor allowing solids at this point? I wonder if you step back a bit to softer foods it might help you.

mid 3rd week...on mushies...but can have like tuna, chopped meat, etc. i can go back to Soups no problem but i over eat liquids. :( i'm just so sad right now and i have horrible shoulder and rib pain....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

mid 3rd week...on mushies...but can have like tuna, chopped meat, etc. i can go back to Soups no problem but i over eat liquids. :( i'm just so sad right now and i have horrible shoulder and rib pain....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

how do u over eat liquids?

still on tem

7 days out

I am on my third week too and on pretty much normal foods per my surgeons diet plan. I have to either eat with others and engage in conversation to slow down or I try to read while I eat to distract me and keep from shoveling. Also I have noticed if I go too long between meals I am starving and tend to eat faster than I should. Have not had any vomiting, but have had a couple uncomfortable stuck episodes. It is all about changing behaviors and habits. Don't get discouraged, you will get there!

I would consider doing a musher mushie. Try the low/non fat cottage cheese (chive or pinapple are nice), and low/non fat ricotta. You can make italian bakes with meatless spagetti sauce. Other options could be individual packages non sugar added applesauce. I also added greek yoghurt at that point. Greek yoghurt is higher in Protein than regular. I used the non fat fruited version but used a stick blender to chop it up, and used a tablespoon of milk to thin it out. I would lay off the canned chicken/tuna for now. I think it's to heavy for your stomach. If you eat something that aggrevates your stomach it will swell and then the swelling with make eating even harder.

It's tough to eat slow! I am over a year out and still struggle with it. I have found not letting myself get to hungry helps a lot. I eat 5-6 times a day. Being concious about putting my fork down between bites seems to help some too. You will get the hang of it!

We have to establish one fact: either our Brain is now in charge postOp, or old habits and the demands of the Belly Beasts remain in control. You have done well in identifying the problem. Now take the next step: action. Even for slouches such as myself, pain and anxiety managed to help me move to changing my life-long compulsion to gulp as rapidly as my eating shovel would allow. That has to change. Period. You are in charge of making that change. I'll tell you a secret: Yes you can!