Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had lapband surgery two years ago. I have lost 114 pounds. I have between 15 to 20 pounds left. It would of been off by now, but I reached a size 8 pants and was just comfortable. My surgeron is encouraging me to see the big picture and hit the numbers on the scales. I know, you are thinking a size 8 pants... are your trying to be anoerxic??? No I'm not. I weigh as of 0700 today 168 lbs. Shocking huh? But that is the truth. My goal is to be around 150 -148. I am only 5ft 3in tall. My stomach is not the prettiest, but I doubt I will pay for a Tummy Tuck since only my husband sees it. I look good in my clothes. That's a lot of money to spend. My advice.... this is a slow process.... You have to work the band..... it is not a quick fix...... You have to change everything in your life. Eat better, work out.... drink/eat your Protein, drink your water.... deal with the normal stress we all have in our daily lives. The point is , you have to want to be HEALTHY. This should be your goal. Overweight people have so many health problems.... high blood pressure, diabetes , heart disease.... all of these will shorten your life. You need to want to live and be around for your-family/ friends/ yourself. I wish you sucess on your journey as I WORK hard to try to reach my goal.

Congratz, what's important is what you want. If you're happy and healthy at a size 8, I say go for it. I don't even remember the last time I was that size, maybe in 3rd grade? I'm 5'5" and got down to a size 8 when I was around 160 lb, but that only lasted a few weeks before I gained it back.

Wow, at 165lb and 5ft 10 I would be larger than a size 8, more like a 10. I find it incredible how bodies differ. I'm a 6-8 now at 130lb.

Wow, at 165lb and 5ft 10 I would be larger than a size 8, more like a 10. I find it incredible how bodies differ. I'm a 6-8 now at 130lb.

You look great.... I have a little waist and never lost much from my bust..... I was a 42DDD and now only 38DD to 38G. Probably 20 pounds still on chest..... if that explains any thing

i like that your doctor is encouraging you... when i hit 171 pounds at my 2 year anniversary, my surgeon told me i wouldn't lose any more weight and he considered me a "success" because i did lose 60% of my weight but i wasn't happy with that. so the past 10 months i've lost an additional 26 pounds bringing me to 145 pounds which is "normal" on the bmi chart.

it's funny because people are starting to say "you're getting too skinny" and i make them clarify... am i looking skinny or TOO skinny? that makes me smile inside because it's been over 20 years since i've been skinny!

YOU need to be comfortable with who you are. if you're happy now... just start maintaining. you can always lose more weight down the road!

You look great.... I have a little waist and never lost much from my bust..... I was a 42DDD and now only 38DD to 38G. Probably 20 pounds still on chest..... if that explains any thing

LOL! Yep, that explains it! I had a reduction awhile ago and they took 10lbs off of me in one day! 5lbs from each breast! I was a G as well.

We sound so much alike, I am also 5'3" and I am now at 168 pounds. I have lost a total of 80 pounds and still have 18 to go. I love where I am now but I still want to get to where I wanted intially, which is 148-150 pounds. It is really strange how all our bodies differ because I'm wearing a size 10, I can fit a size 8 but it's a little snug. I have had success with my band too, it doesn't always come off fast but it is coming off! This was the first Thanksgiving and Christmas that I didn't gain weight and it felt great!!! Good luck with the last 15-20 pounds we will get there!!!

This sounds like me also.I had the band put on Feb 23,last year.I am down to 142 pounds.I want to loose 10 more.It isnt coming off!I am also a size 10,but want to be a size 8.It is hard to be so close to my goal,yet not close enough.I am afraid of getting a fill ,afraid of a over fill.I have never "Pb d,and never want too.I have tried all the right things,but nothing happends with the last 10.Any suggestions?Thanks,