Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going to do this!!

after researching and reading the pros and cons, and going back and forth on my decision, I have decided I am going to do this! Get the Slimband (canada company) This week I am going to work out the money aspect and then I am moving forward with this decision, I am ready to do the work and I have faith that this is what has been missing over my 25 year battle with my weight!!!

I love this forum and it has been my support as I make this decision, My hubby is being quiet on this one. not supportive or discouraging, Just quiet..... anyone else have this experience with their spouse??

My husband was quiet while I did the research but once I made up my mind, he was behind me 100%. The closer it got to surgery, the more excited he got. Then when I had my surgery (4 days ago), he has been an angel. He helped me at the hospital, helped me in the car, kept checking on me and kissing me on the forehead when we got home. Helped me out of bed. Did the laundry, vacuumed, went grocery shopping, and cooked his own meals the first few days. Now all he keeps talking about is how he can't wait to buy me a whole new wardrobe when I get to where I want to be. I am also 12 lbs down from when I started my pre-op diet and every pound I tell him I have lost, the more he cheers and tells me what a great job I am doing. Maybe yours will get more on board now that you have made the decission. I know it was hard for my husband to talk to me about the fact that my weight bothered him because he said he loves me so much and didn't want to hurt my feelings. I didn't like the weight on me either but was just sick of trying on my own. Hope that helps.

thanks for the response! I never thought of his "silence" as his way of letting me make the decision. Of course he is concerned about the whole thing, but he has also watched me do plan and after plan, lose the weight and put it back on. He knows how much of a struggle it is for me. I am working on the money aspect tomorrow and then I think hubby and I need to sit down and talk it out. I hope he follow your hubby's example and gets 100% behind me. I am going to need his support. But I also know that I am confident in my decision and ready to do this and do the work involved. It is such a journey already. It is always on my mind, and I always find myself coming here to read everyone's stories and get an idea of what lies ahead for me.

I know most of you are from the US, but any Canada Slimbands or Alberta people out there, love to hear from you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches