Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

Sooo I received my surgery date of May 31st today! Im the last day but still a May-bandster :)

Yay for May!!! ;)

I'm down to 3 weeks till I'm banded! It seems like I've been in this process forever, but as soon as I got my approval it flew by! ^5 to all of us!

Yay for you guys! I'm less than ten days away and I am soooo excited!

Just seeing if anyone else is being banded in May. Our time is coming quickly and before we know it, it will be here.

I just schedule my appt. for May 27th. It is only a month away. I am excited, but I have lots to do to get ready for it! When is your date?

I just schedule my appt. for May 27th. It is only a month away. I am excited, but I have lots to do to get ready for it! When is your date?

May 11th. I start my pre-op diet on May 4th. Tomorrow I'm starting a modified version I came up with so I can jump start my weight loss. (Liquid diet, but with a regular lunch). Also, I don't want to go from eating regular calories and drop down to a liquid diet.

6 Days and counting..I'm so excited.. Had a last consult with my surgeon today. She only requires a 24 hour full liquid diet before the surgery. Which will be just a little taste of the next few weeks.

:D

Hi Guys!

My name is Mary and my surgery date is set for May 16th, two days after my birthday, at the BIDMC in Boston. I'm in the waiting game for insurance approval right now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a phone call soon. They just faxed the info yesterday, so I'm reeeeally trying to be patient, but it's SO hard! I'll be starting my two-week liquid diet on Monday. I already bought some nectar Protein from Vitamin Shoppe. I had tried a sample packet of the pink grapefruit flavored Nectar protein and it wasn't bad at all! Plus it's only 100 cal, 23 g of protein, and 0 carbs! I bought the Fuzzy Navel and Vanilla flavors at Vitamin Shoppe and they told me I could return them within 30 days if I didn't like the flavors, awesome! Has everyone else tried their protein yet? Any favorites?

Mary

Hey Zoe. Thanks for the info, I have aetna also and I am hoping that they do not deny me, Do you know why they denied you in the first place?

It just totally depends on your insurance. I have Aetna, and my schedule went like this:

final nutritionist: 1.19.11

insurance denied: 1.28.11

appeal through obesitylaw.com: 2.16.11

appeal denied: 3.10.11

2nd level appeal sent by obesitylaw.com: 3.11.11

2nd level appeal approved: 3.30.11

although I didn't know my 2nd level appeal was approved til the letter arrived on 4.9.11

Good Luck!

Hey Zoe. Thanks for the info, I have aetna also and I am hoping that they do not deny me, Do you know why they denied you in the first place?

Hey Kiki, I was told because I wasn't at 40 bmi for at least two years and didn't have any valid comorbidities. I did the sleep study but was considered mild apnea, not enough to qualify. My bmi hovered at like 39.5 or something silly like that.

The folks at obesitylaw.com are totally awesome and helped with my appeals (had to do two appeals) and the best part is allergan footed that bill!

I had my pre-op appointment today ;) my 7 day liquid fest starts tomorrow. Cinco de mayo can't come soon enough!!!

Good luck Kiki ;) and everyone else.

May 4 is coming up quick! The hubby and I just got back from a weekend trip to Rhode Island for our anniversary! Im getting scared.

Yikes, it's less than a week away. I'm scared right along with you!