Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting.....patiently! (Sort of a Vent)

Hi all. I'm sorry if this gets long or if I sound like I'm rambling but I feel like you are the only group of people who will understand.

I started my journey in September of 09 (Information Seminar) and as of right now I still do NOT have a band I don't even have a date!!! It seems that everything that can go wrong, has and I'm getting to the point of frustration!!

When I first started going to all the doctors to get clearance letters I was also going to my PD and getting my weigh ins but one day I decided to call my insurance company and see if they were necessary, I found out they were not (I must of asked the girl 1200 times if she was sure) when my surgeons office sent everything to my insurance it turns out I did need 6 months of weigh ins so I had I had to start my weighs ins (pushed everything back 6 months) then in the mean time my original surgeon left the practice and they pulled in a new surgeon so I had to do my research on her and meet with her, fine...done. After all this some of my tests expired (because the dope at the insurance company doesn't know how to do her job) and I had to re do all of those. Finally as of today I am done with doctors, I have all my clearance letters and things should be moving along BUT they aren't. I called my surgeons office yesterday and they haven't called me back so I called back today and both people who would be able to help me are out of the office.

I know in the end this is all going to be worth it and I'll forget about this whole ordeal but I feel like I should of been banded by now and it makes me really upset knowing I'm NOT. I want to get started on my road to a healthy life already....

How incredibly frustrating!

I don't have much to offer, except my support. You're almost there!

How incredibly frustrating!

I don't have much to offer, except my support. You're almost there!

Thank you. I think that's what I need right now. I'm just ready to at least have a date that way I know I can look forward to something!

I see you are from NY - are you going to have surgery @ NYU?

No I'm having it at Staten Island University

I am so in the same boat as you girl! My insurance gave me the negative on whether they'll cover me, but they wont. So Im working w/ financing companies to find a payment that I can afford, but Im going crazy waiting. Good luck to you, and if you ever need to vent, vent away, We're here! :D

I am so in the same boat as you girl! My insurance gave me the negative on whether they'll cover me, but they wont. So Im working w/ financing companies to find a payment that I can afford, but Im going crazy waiting. Good luck to you, and if you ever need to vent, vent away, We're here! :D

I've had my approval for a few weeks now so now it's just waiting for a date BUT I actually spoke to my surgeons office today and they told me I SHOULD have a date by next week, we shall see!

I wish you the BEST of luck and keep me posted, hope everything goes well. Did you maybe think of appealing to your insurance?!?!

Thank you. I think that's what I need right now. I'm just ready to at least have a date that way I know I can look forward to something!

Don't Keep your Eye OFF that PRIZE! Anything you want in life thats worth anything is not going to be easy! I see that you have made changes to this journey you started a long time ago! I could have waited to get my date,,, but I know the anticipation you are feeling,,, just know now is the time to deny that love obsession for the foods you can't live with out! REALLY,,,, I know you want this band and I encourage you to continue ur efforts,,, but we all have bad habits that has brought you to the idea that you need help loosing this extra weight. You have time to understand the types of foods u should be eating and the amounts whichARE VERY small. I eat less than 500 calories per day and I take in about 75 grams of protein; I work out 3 to 5 x per week,, but i move alot more easily than I did before! I would like to quote another Bandster (don't remember her name) she said," I wish I would have had the surgery a long time ago, it is very painful to heal, But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!" You must take this BANDING TOOL and use it as all successful Bandits have, make better food choices, eat to satiety( satisified NOT STUFFED), learn to eat for 30 min taking one small bite at a time and find a whey Protein (in take 60- 80 grms per day no more!) that you can tolerate, then go to this web site and look for sugar free syrups to add to ur shakes, and ideas for new recipes! Good luck on your Journey, though ur not an Offical Bandster,,, I will offer any help to encourage the fact that your Banding date is closer than you will expect!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

God Bless!

Yes we're still going to appeal but they said that its very rare... But definitely worth a shot, Im planning on self pay anyway, so if the insurance approves, it will just be a nice little surprise haha :) Im glad you have everything going now... Good luck with everything. I cant wait to start this journey and its so nice to have a support group to talk to! Your all so sweet.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot. I got a call from the surgeons office today and my file is being reviewed as we speak. They are hoping the surgeon comes in today that way they can go over it with her and hopefully either tomorrow or Wednesday they will call to check my availability. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully soon I'll be a March or April bandster!!

Good luck to those who don't have a date yet, believe me I know how frustrating it can be but now that I see that light it's all coming together and VERY worth it!

Hello Elizabeth, I'm also from NY and I'm going to be having the surgery at Montefiore hospital in the Bronx. I'm right now going thru the process. Had my psych exam yesterday and am cleared. Hope you have your date, I'm wondering on an update from you. Hope it's all working out and you're a March Bandster! :lol:

Hello Elizabeth, I'm also from NY and I'm going to be having the surgery at Montefiore hospital in the Bronx. I'm right now going thru the process. Had my psych exam yesterday and am cleared. Hope you have your date, I'm wondering on an update from you. Hope it's all working out and you're a March Bandster! :lol:

I got the best news yesterday, finally have my date!!! And I AM a March Bandster. After 2 years of waiting I have less than 2 weeks to go for my surgery. Thank you all for your words on encouragement, they really meant a lot!

I got the best news yesterday, finally have my date!!! And I AM a March Bandster. After 2 years of waiting I have less than 2 weeks to go for my surgery. Thank you all for your words on encouragement, they really meant a lot!

Congratulations on your surgery date!!! You're being banded the day before I am :)

Congratulations on your surgery date!!! You're being banded the day before I am :)

Yes when I'm leaving the hospital you'll be stepping in (actually by the time I get discharged you should be in recovery lol)

Good luck!!! You on a liquid diet? If so how's it going?