Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buy Yourself a Present!

Hi everyone, I have not been banded yet, but in doing my research and reading all these posts, I am making lists of things I need to buy, etc. One thing that is on my list is a Louis Vuitton bag!!! I think that after all the preparation for this surgery (and as we all know, it takes a few years from first thinking about it to actually going through with it!), we deserve a special gift. I think of it like a 'push" present that women get for giving birth. I keep focusing on the bag that I want to keep my spirits up. I know the ultimate gift will be getting fit and healthy, but I think that we all deserve a special something. I quit smoking five years ago and every year on my anniversary, I give myself a piece of jewelry, to keep me on track and feeling happy about quitting. So I think that everyone on this board, needs to get themselves a "banding day' gift. Please submit ideas!!!

ErinK

I now weigh under 200, which means I've lost over 44 pounds in about 12 weeks. I have decided when I hit 175 and sustain it for a month, I will get a new tattoo that I've been wanting for a long time but didn't want to show my fat back and side to get it :)

Though the ultimate treat is actually feeling and looking good, I completely agree with motivational gifts! I even posted a topic called "What Does it Take to Motivate You?" People gave some fantastic ideas in that link. If you look, you should be able to find it. The one I liked best was a Pandora charm Bracelet and every time she loses 10 pounds, she adds another charm! Then I looked at the cost and said, hmmm, maybe, maybe not?! My goals tend to focus on short trips for small goals and a large trip when I hit landmarks, like an additional 50 pounds. Either way, it's so nice to get small tokens of success and feel good at the same time.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Nothing yet but I am another one that is going to take the leap and get a tattoo done as soon as I hit close to my goal weight. I want to take my time and decide on a personal design that best represents my journey and I am hoping to design it myself and take in to the tattoo artist to do for me. :)

I plan on getting a couple new tattoos. I've held off becuase my skin is just not where I want it to be. I'm also lucky in that my Dad is going to pay for my plastics as a present, then take me to some swanky hair place in Hollywood to complete the makeover effect. I'm pretty jazzed about that. We're hoping that I'll get pretty close to goal soon, and start maintaining so that all this starts happening around christmas.

I am now at goal and bought my fancy treadmill to stay at goal. But there is a pair of $100 jeans I plan on getting this weekend. There are rhinestone crosses on the back pockets and they are hot!

I'm nowhere near my goal, but well on my way. About a month ago I bought myself a Porsche convertible. Seriously.

I never thought about buying a Louis Vuitton bag. Would it have been very much cheaper? LOL!

Dave

I'm nowhere near my goal, but well on my way. About a month ago I bought myself a Porsche convertible. Seriously.

I never thought about buying a Louis Vuitton bag. Would it have been very much cheaper? LOL!

Dave

You go Dave!!!! geezz, what will you get for goal?

Hi everyone, I have not been banded yet, but in doing my research and reading all these posts, I am making lists of things I need to buy, etc. One thing that is on my list is a Louis Vuitton bag!!! I think that after all the preparation for this surgery (and as we all know, it takes a few years from first thinking about it to actually going through with it!), we deserve a special gift. I think of it like a 'push" present that women get for giving birth. I keep focusing on the bag that I want to keep my spirits up. I know the ultimate gift will be getting fit and healthy, but I think that we all deserve a special something. I quit smoking five years ago and every year on my anniversary, I give myself a piece of jewelry, to keep me on track and feeling happy about quitting. So I think that everyone on this board, needs to get themselves a "banding day' gift. Please submit ideas!!!

ErinK

I bought myself my favorite perfume...Graine de Soleil and matching soap and lotion as I prepare for my banding day of March 8th. Also I bought some books from Elizabeth Peters mystery historic novels. She is the Grand Master Mystery Writer and keeps me from thinking of food or anything else bothersome at this time. Novena

You go Dave!!!! geezz, what will you get for goal?

Something even more expensive: A tank of GAS for it? :)

Actually, I've wanted a two-seater convertible sports car for years. I just used this as a convenent excuse. Well, that and the fact that I fit in one now. LOL! :)

Dave

I did weight watchers before and bought myself a watch after I lost 50 lbs. of course I've gained all of those pounds back and then some.