Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here! Lesbian from PA!

roadtodescent
Sign in to follow this  

HI!

I just got banded on 2/17 and am so excited to find this section! My gf actually e-mailed it to me this morning, as she has taken it upon herself to learn everything about the lap-band out :)

Anyways, I am 27, from Philadelphia and would love to chat with or meet anyone else who is around here. I am in NYC every other weekend since that is where my partner lives.

I actually identify as Queer, but for the sake of labeling, I am a lesbian.

Take care!

Hello!!!! I am in baltimore maryland i was banded on 2/11 and i am also a lesbian. How are you adjusting and healing from the band procedure? I found this site while browsing for questions about my surgery... i have had a complication (nerve damage) and have been house-bound for the past two weeks! SO over it! I am finally starting to heal so my journey has started a little rough.

Yep... Right down the road. Day by day im finally getting better... I am about 80 percent now so its looking like the damage isnt going to be permanant.

As of now, i havent started a blog for my lapband experience due to the fact that i still cant sit up comfortably to type but i do plan on it. Hopefully sooner than later.

The nerve damage was a pretty horrible side effect from the surgery but as of now, its been my only negative experience (besides the normal gas and bloating post op). I am never hungry. I was on fluids the day before and three days post op and then graduated to full fluids.. Currently im eating puree's but cant stand mushy stuff so its been soft crab cakes and steamed tilapia for the past few days. But i never get hungry. I have to sit myself down and eat... Sometimes i forget to eat until the afternoon and i get nauseaus... So my new hunger pain is nausea. Maybe thats why i never feel hungry. Lol

The shake i love the most and (actually my girlfriend has started to drink it for the Vitamins and protein) is the eas strawberry edgevantage (or some spelling like that).. I was so nervous when i took my first bite of real food.... I was scared i was going to eat to much... Or somehow shift my band... Was not as plesant of an experience as i thought it would be. Make sure to get a good food scale, it will save you some anxiety.

Dont know if you found decent Calcium supplements but powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com has some that are pretry good for chewables...

Hope all is well!!!!