Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 8 and very excited!

MeganRhiannon
Sign in to follow this  

Hey Everyone

I was banded on 8th of Feb 2011 and I went back to work on Monday! Only 6 days to recover and it wasnt enough. I have a desk job so I thought that I would be ok but at the moment I feel like lying under my desk, curling up in a ball and going to sleep. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant lack of energy. I cant sleep a whole night because I normally sleep on my tummy and I am not eating enough Protein at the moment. I cant stand milk!! Trying to drink at least 500mls tho.

I am just so excited to look back every day as the pain gets less and less! Looking forward to being able to swim, run and do some hard core exercise again!

Trying not to watch the clock at the moment! Hate Love days like this!

I have already lost 6.8kgs (15 pounds)!! Its all so exciting I just wish this pain would go away. All my muscles are starting to heal now and the only cut that really hurts is my port.

How is everyone else going? Sore too? :)

I started @ 120kgs and as of 15th Feb I am 113.2kg.

Hello Meagan ~ I haven't been banded yet (02/22), but just wanted to say that you are doing awesome!! I'm currently in debate for how much time to take off from work -- I spend about 3/4 of the day in my office, but do a lot of walking from one building to the next. My doctor said he would approve whatever amount of time I wanted off, so I was thinking about just one week -- did you think that was too soon? Is it hard going back while on the liquids phase of the post-op? Congrats on your band, and hope to hear more from you! :)

Hey Everyone

I was banded on 8th of Feb 2011 and I went back to work on Monday! Only 6 days to recover and it wasnt enough. I have a desk job so I thought that I would be ok but at the moment I feel like lying under my desk, curling up in a ball and going to sleep. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant lack of energy. I cant sleep a whole night because I normally sleep on my tummy and I am not eating enough Protein at the moment. I cant stand milk!! Trying to drink at least 500mls tho.

I am just so excited to look back every day as the pain gets less and less! Looking forward to being able to swim, run and do some hard core exercise again!

I have already lost 6.8kgs (15 pounds)!! Its all so exciting I just wish this pain would go away. All my muscles are starting to heal now and the only cut that really hurts is my port.

First of all great progress and attitude. I'm retired so I don't have to face the return to work good thing too because while the incisions dont particularly hurt the gas pains do. I had thought I was going to avoid them but yeaterday afternoon Wham there it is. For all those that had this from the begining of post op, my sincere condolences. :mellow: For myself (whimper, whine) I'll just suffer in silence,(sniff.) :(

Well I hope that you recover quickly and that the weight you want to loose comes off leaving you healthy and happy.

Best Wises

Tom

Hi Meagan,

Congratulations on your great success so far! I was banded a few days after you. I was in absolute hell for 3 days. I'm planning on working on the 22nd which would be 11 days post op. If I find myself too tired to do it (I'm a sub. teacher), I will cancel the assignment and wait another few days.

I am on day 5 today and I could not imagine working full time tomorrow! Nope, still too tired! Harumph! lol

P

Hey Everyone

I would take off as much as you can! I assume you will be paid during your time off? If so, take a few weeks to relax! The first week you will feel crummy, the second week you will gain back your strength, I'm sure.

I was knocked for a loop for three days (this is not my first surgery) by day 4, I became human again but I certainly wasn't ready to go back to work. Today is day 5 and while I'm MUCH better, I couldnt imagine going back in a day or so.

Take what you can! How often will time off come around. Now, if it is without pay then you gotta do what you gotta do!

Hello Meagan ~ I haven't been banded yet (02/22), but just wanted to say that you are doing awesome!! I'm currently in debate for how much time to take off from work -- I spend about 3/4 of the day in my office, but do a lot of walking from one building to the next. My doctor said he would approve whatever amount of time I wanted off, so I was thinking about just one week -- did you think that was too soon? Is it hard going back while on the liquids phase of the post-op? Congrats on your band, and hope to hear more from you! :)

So good to see you Big Tom! I had the gas pains until today (yesterday just a little bit). So, the first 3 days were so bad...I was wondering if I had made a big mistake!

I hope your gas pains go away soon. Walking seems to help a little bit...I did chew Gas Ex extra strength...helped only a little bit.

First of all great progress and attitude. I'm retired so I don't have to face the return to work good thing too because while the incisions dont particularly hurt the gas pains do. I had thought I was going to avoid them but yeaterday afternoon Wham there it is. For all those that had this from the begining of post op, my sincere condolences. :mellow: For myself (whimper, whine) I'll just suffer in silence,(sniff.) :(

Well I hope that you recover quickly and that the weight you want to loose comes off leaving you healthy and happy.

Best Wises

Tom

Congrats on your loss! I was banded the 7th & went back Monday. I was fine except that my pants rubbed against my incision site, so that was uncomfortable. I wore sweatpants the past 2 days & was much more comfy. I've lost 10lbs since last Monday! I also can't wait till I'm back to normal & can exercise & shed some more weight!!