Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bunco night!

:) This is my first big social gathering since the band came into my life. I am a little worried!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food is my favorite part of bunco. To make things worse, the girls decided we should have a slumber party bunco. This means 10x's the junk food.

I just started on mushies 2 days ago and I'm good as long as I can eat about every 2-3 hours. I guess I should take my own food, right? Anybody got any suggestion to help me get through this night?!?!

Help!!

How about making a healthy snack foods request? fruit pizza, yogurt parfaits, smoothies (spiking optional), veggie trays, chicken wings w/ lowfat dip, cheese sticks etc... I'd be willing to bet a lot of the women in your club are also trying to lose a few pounds in their resolutions too and would be happy to participate, and then you can freely bring whatever you can best eat.... if not accepted... still take your own... you don't want to be in pain, or in the bathroom pb'ing while they all wait for you.

I would bring some hummus, bean dip, cream cheese ball, - things that fit into the mushies category. Then I would load it onto a single cracker, chip, or something that will dissolve into mushies in your mouth.

Also, since this is winter, did you think about Soup - something with alot of broth so nobody notices you skip the food in it.

Hot spiced apple cider is another option. I have to quit because I"m making myself hungry...

tatsmom~

When I was on the mushie stage I LOVED canned chili (like Hormel) with cheese and sour cream. Also refried Beans the same way. I know it is hard, but try not to be snacking all night and then you won't have to worry about it. Try some sugar free hot cocoa or a glass of iced tea. That is what I always have in my hand while family is stuffing their face :) ICED TEA!

Good Luck and let us know how you do!

Mashed avacados with a touch of lemon juice & a sprinkle of garlic powder! Yummmmm!!!!! That was my favorite mushy! Also, refried Beans with enchilada sauce & cheese, Homemade applesauce or some pudding are all great options. These things all got me through the rough times! Good luck & have fun!

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. It went pretty well except for all the QUESTIONS. I ended up taking some mashed potatoes and cream of broccoli Soup. They had some queso dip so I mixed a little of that with my soup for flavor (yum). It's amazing what's good when your diet is so limited!!

Whatever you take - make it soooo good that you will be satisfied with it.

When I was on mushies - I liked a little Shrimp salad made with chopped up (minced up) shrimp with a little mayo and a dash of chili sauce. I would have it on mini Breton crackers.

Other goodies I liked were Hummos, tabouli salad and Lobster Bisque Soup.

Having great things tended to help the mushy stage go by easier.

Good luck and have a great time.....I used to love Bunco......

Take care - nancy

It really is all in your attitude. You can handle any situation if you want to.

The kids had takeaway fish and chips for dinner last night as they had a friend over at the last minute and I didnt have enough of what I'd planned to go around. In the old days I would have had them too - chips, battered flake and a potato cake, maybe even a fried dim sim. But I surprised myself by thinking "oh, I dont eat that kind of food" so Doug and I just got a piece of grilled flake each and had a salad with it instead.

It wasnt even an effort and it came automatically.