Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blue Jeans & the port.....

OUCH! My jeans fit like a glove, but they kill my port! I have to leave them unbuttoned & unzip them half way, & then fold the 2 sides of the fly inside the waist. Anyone else experience this? These jeans are not tight! & they have spandex.

I thought I was going to have the same problem, but I don't. My jeans are so tight when I first buy them that I can not breathe while sitting :) Hubby likes them that way :) Me too.

Where is your port?

My husband does too! He bought the jeans for me for Christmas, & he will not keep his hands off my rear when I have them on! LOL! It was an interesting Christmas!

I'll only wear relatively low rise jeans. Not show your bum crack low rise but "women's cut" jeans that come all the way up to your waist, ugh, I loaaaaathe them. They cut you in half when you sit down tight or not. I like my jeans to sit a good few inches below my navel. So mine come nowhere near my port and I wore a pair home from the hospital. I do have one or two pairs that have a higher rise and I had to wait a few weeks till I could wear them.

Oh I'm in Australia and they're usually store brand ones from the couple of fat shops I buy from. Levis only come up to teeny tiny sizes here, they're hard to find.

It might depend a bit too on how tall you are, I'm very tall so the rise would be lower on me than it would be on someone shorter anyway, kwim?

You'll find they're very flattering too. Contrary to what you may expect, I think a lower rise visually flattens your tummy out and lengthens your torso.

This bugs me sometimes, but not all the time. I'd recommend the lower rise jeans too, but they are harder to find in the larger sizes. I found my first pair in a size 18, but the manufacturers might be more on the ball with stuff like this now. :)

The jeans Lonnie bought me were LawMan jeans. They come in the odd sizes. Instead of a 26-28W they come in 25-26W & so on & so forth. They fit me much better than others that I have tried. They also have just enough spandex to make them comfortable (except for my port), but not enough to make them stretch out & fall off. I think he said that they did come in low rise too. I'll have to check it out.

Its funny, my port is between my boobs on my bra line, well about 1/2 above it depending on how stretched the bra is. I worry about it too.

I wish that's where mine was. Before my revision (for my flipped port) it was just under my right breast. Now it is almost right beside my belly button on the right side. It sucks! But it hurts a lot less than my flipped port did.

My jeans are baggy in the legs, but cut into my waist. I need low rise jeans too, yall let me know when ya find them.

Eileen are you sure about that port placement, that sounds odd, but then again, it might just be you, LMAO, hehehe.