Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011

Well Marchies, looks like we have become a dieing breed. I don't check in as often as I should either. I am hoping that everyone checks in next month on our 4 year bandaversary.

I am do so-so. Dropped 10 of the 50 I put on during chemo. Had to have another hernia repaired. This is my second on near my port and it was only supposed to be a small on, well it wasn't. It wasn't just one small one but many small ones. Was told it looked like swish cheese in there. They think that chemo and radiation might have something to do with everything deterating. Well, they had to move my port to the left side and I tell you what, it hurts like

#$%%. I had the surgery 1/11 so today is 4 weeks, the hernia side is fine, the port side is what hurts!! If I am not better soon, they want to do a cat scan. I would rather not, I have had one too many of those in the past few years and I just know that one day I am going to start glowing in the dark because of all the radiation.

Other then that, my health is fine. Still have no lung power so exersice is something that I have to take slowly. I love walking and have a treadmill set up in my livingroom, now I just need the energy to get back on it. My oncologist keeps telling me that it take a while to get back to being able to some of what you were used to, but come on, April will be 2 years out from diagnosis and a little over a year from last chemo. I think I have just become very, very lazy. Oh well, still here to complain about it.

Well, thats all about me for now. Hope to see someone else on here soon. If you are on Facebook, look me up, Barb Skilton Fougeron.

Blessings all,

hi mrs husker,

Thank you for starting this up. Yes it seems like when the years pass...the new breed crops up in LBT. I'm sad i dont really know anyone on LBT anymore. i think the last change they made really turned alot of people off. i too dont feel like taking time to learn the new system. they changed it too many times. i use the other website called "Band2gether". it's much easier to navigate.

i am 10 lbs away from goal. i go up/down with 20 lbs. the head hunger part is the hardest part these days. i recently started attending OA-How here in texas. it is REALLY helping my head hunger. i'm abstinent 11 days (no sugar/no flour/3 meals a day...no in between)

i recently got married...another gift i've received since being banded.

my band doctor wants me to go for an xray. i am totally unfilled and have trouble eating. not alot...but since it is unfilled...i should be able to eat anything i want. i'm putting this off thill i get these last 10 lbs off...

i will definitely check in next month. i cant believe it has been 4 years since we were banded.

glad you have your chemo behind you. sounds like you are getting back on your feet.

josie