Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly lost average?

I was banded Nov 19th and i love it. I know everyone is diffrent but i am kind of curious on how much on average everyone is losing weekly. I have lost 2/3 lbs a week since being banded. My doctor has told me at both fills that i should even out and might gain a little and if i do its normal. I REFUSE to gain any..lol. I am extremly happy with my 2 lb weekly average and hope to continue. Is this about everyones average? I don't work out much yet. Too many excuses i guess. I walk a mile twice a week if im lucky. But i track everything i put in my mouth. I havent has anything to drink but Water or unsweet tea since surgery ( no liquid calories) and i have been a calorie counter since my journey began Nov 1st. I would love to know howm any lbs a week others are losing.

my weekly average range is 4-6 lbs! One week I only lost 1 lb b/c of my fill..(weird huh)! YES thats what happend though.

I had stalled for a number of weeks. I did not log my weight last week because I was bloated due to TOM. So in the last 2 weeks I lost 2 lb. I really hope it will pick up a bit. I'm not happy with the rate of loss

I was banded on October 15 and as of today, I've lost 48.6 pounds, so about 3 pounds a week.

We are all doing awesome :) thanks for the feedback. I was just curious if 2 lbs was the norm. Keep up the good work. At 2 lbs a week im stoked to see myself at the 1 year mark. Fingers crossed i stay on this roll. It doesn't really feel like a diet to me:) I try new things weekly. This week is a no carb week. next week will be a super high protien week or something. Makes me look up new recipes and keeps m busy. :)

I've been losing between 2.2-3.0 lbs a week. Now that I'm approved to do the heavy weights again I imagine that will increase slightly.

I've been banded for 15 months and since my date of surgery (some was lost prior to surgery), my weight loss has averaged out at less than 1 pound per week. I had a several month stall due to an overfill and then problems related to swelling due to the constant pbing and stuck episodes. For the last couple of months, my weight loss is a consistent 1 lb per week.

Mines about 1-2 lbs, depending how good I am on my diet.

Mine has varied from 4lbs a week at the beginning (after getting back on regular food.. during the immediate post-op phase I didn't lose hardly any at all) to 1 lb or less a week.

When I look at the weight loss over time in a graph, it's all down hill, but sometimes the slope is steeper than others. From Jan. 1 to Jan 31st of this year I went from 213 to 201. 12 lbs in 28 days (not counting the days I weighed on either side) is 3lbs a week. Pretty awesome for this far out, but I started a bootcamp program on the 17th, so that's probably the reason.

One question I have for some of you who are loosing 3+ pounds a week is are you at restriction? I exercise an hour a day 7 days a week; eat a very conservative diet and am averaging 1 pound a week. I have to say when I read these posts I get depressed.

I honestly don't know if I am exactly at that "sweet spot"? I have 5.5 cc in a 10cc band. I feel really good but have a hard time eating meat unless it's fish, tuna, or been crock potted. I am still learning Joe to use my band I am only 9-10 weeks out. I am assuming that my weight will level off soon. I will say that I hate exercising so I have not been good at that, yet! But I am eating healthy, I call it my lifestyle diet! I don't deprive myself, but I find if I taste that food I was craving I realize that I physically can't eat it anymore and I am fine with that. My doctor did tell ne that even though I am loosing great that I will have a hard time reaching goal if I don't exercise more. I started at 236, my goal is between 140-150. When I was in the beginning stages my goal is/was 136 bc that is what I weighed in high school. But with body changes I don't know if it is possible. Wishing everyone the best and would love suggestions!

I lost about 2.5 pounds a week. Some a little bit more, some a little bit less. You are doing great! Keep it up!

Hello, I am losing about 2/3 lbs a week as well, the doctor said thats normal, and I am working out 5-6 days a week doing cardio & yoga.

One question I have for some of you who are loosing 3+ pounds a week is are you at restriction? I exercise an hour a day 7 days a week; eat a very conservative diet and am averaging 1 pound a week. I have to say when I read these posts I get depressed.

Honk, I don't know what restriction is.. I eat my 3oz & 1/2 cup of veggies and stop (most of the time.. not perfect).

Couple of things to consider, 1) people who start at a larger weight will lose faster, esp. in the beginning. 2) 1 lb a week is a nice steady pace. I know it's frustrating not to lose faster. When my weight loss slowed last May, I started getting frustrated. I had to start taking monthly measurements to keep myself encouraged.

In fact, I talked to a professional trainer yesterday and he was telling me, it's not necessarily about the number on the scale.. it's also on how things fit. He said when he started working with someone he encourages them to go out and buy one or two items of clothing 2 sizes too small.. by the time he's through working with them, they should fit.

If you're doing the same thing all the time, you may need to change things up a bit. Our bodies become accustomed to routine in everything.. sleeping, food, exercise. Change the amount of calories you eat. I had to up mine recently to get the loss started again. Change what you do for exercise, or increase intensity if you can.

This might also be inspirational. A blog over at sparkpeople.. the blogger isn't a bandster, but you can see the changes in her body from exercise, but VERY little weight change:

http://www.sparkpeop...blog_id=3926473