Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lean Cusine and other frozen Pre made foods

I don't generally eat frozen food (but I LOVE to cook, and do so almost every night), but on the occasion that I do, I go for the organic frozen options with no genetically modified ingredients. Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, etc all contain GMO ingredients and a whole bunch of other chemicals and crap that is SO bad for you (above and beyond things like sodium content). If you do a frozen meal now and again, go for the organic ones.

I love Fresh and Easy meals. I get the Salmon with Dijon mustard. I give the potatoes to the birds. When i was at the puree stage I bought the Shepard Pie and pureed it. It was good, but too spicy for my baby stomach.

I also pick up the Lean Cuisine/Weight Watcher meals when they are on sale. Again, I give the rice, potatoes etc to my birds. I have chickens and peacocks so nothing goes to waste.

Yea, lately i've wanted to make something. But I picked up one last night and it was good, a Pasta dish with shrimp and tomatoes and some sort of lemon sauce it was only like 290 calories and 18g of Protein and it only had 270mg of sodium.

I too used to keep these but I don't anymore. I don't like the flavor now that my taste buds have changed. What I decided to do right before surgery is invest in a food Saver System. So, I make fresh low fat Protein rich recipes and then portion them out in 3 ounce portions. Then I put them in the food saver bags, suck the air out and put them in the freezer. So, volia, my own "Lean Cusines". Which I enjoy the taste of and know exactly what ingredients went into the bag!

I too used to keep these but I don't anymore. I don't like the flavor now that my taste buds have changed. What I decided to do right before surgery is invest in a food Saver System. So, I make fresh low fat Protein rich recipes and then portion them out in 3 ounce portions. Then I put them in the food saver bags, suck the air out and put them in the freezer. So, volia, my own "Lean Cusines". Which I enjoy the taste of and know exactly what ingredients went into the bag!

Tanqueray I'm kind of doing something like this with chicken, fish, or soy Protein product and a veggie... I am not a fan of a lot of the sauces with the frozen dinners, that and the sodium is not good for me (HTN) and I am not eating rice nor Pasta since after surgery. I freeze a few at a time in containers but I think the food saver bags would be better...

Melissa- I enjoy the skinny chix too (minus the sauce) :)

I eat them all the time, It keeps me from going to fast food or eating other bad choices..

Sam-you might consider turkey meatballs that you can find in the freezer section too.....I think the package in my freezer now has 16 grams of Protein with 160 calories total for a serving size of 6 meatballs. Pair that with frozen veggies of your choice. I saved yogurt cups (6 oz size would measure 3/4 cup) to use as frozen veggie scoops. This is what I use for lunch at work, so that I'm not tempted to run to the closest McD's or Arby's.

I always keep a few in the freezer just in case I don't make it to the grocery store or if I am in a hurry and need something quick & easy. The portion is big - I usually only eat 1/2-3/4 of one.

I read your response to this question and it made me laugh. I'm struggling with the pre-op diet right now and find the WW/LC meals to be easy "portion control" but I'm starving all the time and for you to put the "portion is big- I usually only eat 1/2-3/4 of one" - I cracked up. I can't even imagine calling one of those meals "big" - this gives me hope!

I agree with everyone here... Frozen package food is not really the best option for us to be eating.... BUT, we have to be realistic and understand that not everyone has the time to cook every other day, and sometimes Lean Cuisine will be your best choice!

I don´t usually eat frozen food because I hate using the microwave... But after being banded I have been learning to compromise and to do what is best for my weight loss with the little time I have... (I work 13 hours/day).

xoxo

I live alone so I keep frozen meals around. I'm pretty filled so I actually don't even need much real food. The Smart Ones from Weight Watchers makes a salisbury steak with asparagus and it's under 9grams fat and at 200 calories. It's my number one choice. No starches except maybe fillers in the meat.

I work in an office where the team eats together every day. I feel a need to eat real food at that time instead of just a shake.