Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my first appointment with my doctor after the surgery. He barely looked at me and didn't touch my belly or anything. Anyways I guess he used a large band 14cc and I feel like I'm gonna need a ton of fills, does anyone else have this large band? Did it take you a long time to find your sweet spot?

My post op dr visit was about 30 seconds, he looked at my incisions asked if I felt ok and left. I was really irritated. I wonder if that is typical. I had my 1st fill today and the dr was in there for about 15 minutes so it was much more informative and I was able to ask questions. Hopefully when you go for your fill the dr will be more accommodating.

I don't know about the 14cc band, mine is 11cc, I don't think it matters the size everyone is different you could get to your sweet spot in 2 or 3 fills and it could take 4 or 5 for me.

I just got banded Jan 14 and had my first post op appt today. He told me in the hospital that he gave me the large band. He repaired a haital hernia and the manufacturer recommends going with the large band in that situation. He said that it does take longer to reach that sweet spot. It could take 6 months or a year. He said the focus right now was to heal and not worry about that. He said he has two patients that he never fills because they've had good weight loss and that's the focus. He showed me a manual-I think it's the doctor version- it had the 2 sizes of bands and the recommended fill amounts. For a large band, you should have 4cc at surgery time and then 2 cc at the first actual fill. He said I probably would not feel any restriction at that point unless I ate a big mac. And that I should not do that anyway. After that it would depend on my weight loss.

I asked at my post op appointment what size my band was and I was told 14cc which she said is the standard sized band. This is what I was told. I did also have a hiatal hernia repair too.

I wonder if I am mistaken, she definitely said it was standard, I will ask again tomorrow when I go for my fill

I was told they have two sizes and they put on which one fits best, which is why my surgeon prefers the Lap-Band vs the Realize.

If it's an actual Lap band and not a Realize band, then according to Allergan's site the standard holds 10cc's and the large holds 14. Not sure for the Realize band...

My doctor told me that the 11cc band is the standard size, which is what I have. I have the Lapband.