Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the ladies how can I be so hungry at ...

that time of the month? I've been starving the past few days and nothing I eat makes me feel full. Around that time of the month it feels like I've lost all my restriction but if my pouch is still the same size then how can I be so hungry? Does that make since?

I feel ya. For some reason I didn't have my normal indicators that it was coming, and I was SO hungry the first two days before then when I started, it made sense. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING! It was not head hunger either. No advice, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone!

I feel ya. For some reason I didn't have my normal indicators that it was coming, and I was SO hungry the first two days before then when I started, it made sense. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING! It was not head hunger either. No advice, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone!

This is quite a phenomenon that most girls can attribute alot of weight gain to over many years. I talked with my Psychiatrist about this and she told me that when your estrogen and testosterone levels change in your body, it signals a decrease in serotonin levels(this is a mood stablizing chemical) and causes you to crave foods to replenish serotonin. I don't know how to fix this, but just knowing it helps me. You can also take an antidepressant to help it, in fact prozac now makes a pill that you take only the week prior to your menstration.

I am the exact say way!!! I sware it got even worse after I got the band! I am good all month until the week of my period...I gain 4lbs..and eat all kinds of crap I shouldnt and I sware I feel like I have NO WILL POWER!! ONce its over Im "back to normal" again... I credit it for me that I went off the pill before surgery and never went back on and I my pms and craving are much worse not being on the pill. Your not alone..Its amazing how much more I can eat and have less issues eating during that week timeframe!

I agree with what you are saying - I have had my band over 4 months now and with my last fill on Monday, I am feeling quite restricted, almost to a point of being a little overfilled. But yesterday, the 'hungries' came on with a vengeance. When I looked at the calendar it made perfect sense. I can eat normally at mealtime and feel very full, then 2 hours later, I feel hungry again. And my healthy Snacks aren't helping me to feel satisfied. Know that you aren't alone!

If it makes you feel any better I had two periods this month; with a two week break! I would'nt say I was hugely hungry but I had serious cravings that I did'nt really give into but I did eat quite a few pistachio's (at least they were in the shell so I had to take the time to deshell them.). Basically I was looking for something crunch and salty; and did'nt understand why because I had just had a period. Grrrrr.

A few years ago I read an article based on a medical journal piece that noted women burn up to 500 additional calories during ovulation. I'll take any help I can get.

I'm dealing with this right now. I was fine all last week until that Friday....I was eating good but started craving for things that I should not eat. My cycle started Friday too and now I know what's going on. I've been hitting the gym and everything and soon as m cycle comes I want everything I've stayed away from (breads, Pasta, chocolates, etc)

I would try to find alternatives to what your craving. If it's chocolate perhaps sugar free hot chocolate or pudding cups. I sometimes have salted shelled peanuts. It gives me a salty crunch but I have to take them out of the shell which slows me down. Also I have to stand over the garbage to eat them. If I was sitting down I would eat lots more.

i feel ya,i find that when i get like that,jello kills tha pangs

I got mine the other day and it used to be the week before I was starving. I could eat and eat. Well post band that does not seem to be the case. I did not seem to have the hunger/cravings the week before, which I am happy about