Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! It is really happening in just 3 days. I am so busy reassuring my kids that everything will be fine that I am getting nervouse myself! I was sitting on the couch, BIG SIGH...and my five yr old daughter says, "oh mommy, you're gonna be ok...they are gonna put you to sleep anyway...you won't even feel it." She was so sweet and sincere. :) Then I thought how sad is that....my baby girl is reassuring me?! I think she is my angel though...she is going to be my big helper after surgery and my food buddy. She is the only kid I have ever met who...in the grocery store...says...heck with Cookies mom...can I have a piece of that broccoli....right NOW?! She actually loves to munch it like people do grapes right in the store while shopping! Her big brothers and Dad...whole different story but she is really excited to be my helper. :) She gives me hope and love everyday. So I know how blessed I am.

I will be traveling 2 hrs form home for the surgery and then staying with a family member whose house is more like...a hotel the way they always make me feel so welcome and comfortable...I am going to stay there for 4 days and do a followup at the end of the week before going back home. I am going to miss my kids like crazy but thought it was the only way I would really get down time to rest and not have to worry about anything but listeningto my body. I cater to everyone's needs so much that even my husband thought it would be a good idea. He is being so amazing. He will have to take on everything for four days and I know he is not lookiing forward to that but he has not said a word except what a great thing it is that I am doing for myself and the family.

Big Sigh...any suggestions on what to bring?

Comfy clothes, slippers or sandals, chapstick, liquid diet foods...anything else?

Hey, good luck. I'm getting mine Tuesday too. I also just joined the forum today. It sort of hasn't been real until the last week. Needless to say, I don't have any suggestions. :)

My 5 year old daughter is the same way! She'd be happy eating nothing but fruits and veggies!

Good luck on Tuesday!

Your family sounds like a wonderful one! How sweet of your little girl! You'll be alright I'm sure, and me, too. =) Sometimes I guess when going through with something like this you need reassurance. Even if that comes from your babies! I'm making sure to bring with me the stuff you mentioned plus some period supplies. My Doctors office actually told me to bring them because it's fairly common I guess for women to start there menses at the time of surgery?!?!!? Anyhow. I cant think of anything else I would bring. I'm not taking any of my liquid diet stuff because I'm sure they'll have that. (I'm only staying for a few hours after anyhow) You'll do great! CHIN UP!

Our day is almost here!!!!! I am also getting nervous as well! I asked my mom today if I was being stupid but she was very reassuring. I have come this far and tuesday we will be band! I think it is a great idea that you take the days for you. You will feel pressure or guilt to want to get up and tend to your children when you need to rest. I know you will miss them but It will be fine plus staying close to your doctor just in case is always a plus. Your sweet angel sounds like she will be a big help. You could always take this opportunities to teach her about measuring and recipes. It could actually be fun for her to make Protein pudding pops and she could make her some regular pudding pops. Thats what I am going to do. I got some instant Jello sugar free pudding skim milk and unflavored Protein Powder and some Popsicles makers from Walmart about 2 bucks and I am going to make me some pudding pops. I bet she would love that :)

That is such a great idea. :) I know she would love it...and they are doing health and nutitions segments in school right now too so I KNOW she will keep me on my toes. :) Same with her older brother who is 7....he was so worried this morning he was crying. I just hugged him and told him I promise...cross my heart I am going to be just fine and I will call the school to get a message to him as soon as I am awake. He keeps telling me that he loves me the way I am and I don't have to do this. :( I just hug him tighter and tell him that I know he loves me no matter what, and I know this is a big scary thing righ tnow, but it's going to let me be a better mommy and be around longer...and wouldn't it be nice for us to go on more family hikes and bike rides together and not have to stop because mommy can't make it?! I know I am excited about that. :) I promptly changed the subject after that to...who wants sugar free Jello in their lunch? ! I DO I DO! lol. It was a rough morning for them. Tomorrow will be even harder but I am working on special notes for them for their lunch boxes...and I have emailed their teachers to let them know what is going on so they can help them cope if need be tomorrow. Luckily my surgery is in the morning so hopefully by lunch they will know all is well. :)

We will be fine... We will be great!!! It is scary for them that is understandable a lot they do not understand but your doing your best to reassure them. I believe the notes and notifying the teachers will be a great help they may be a little nervous tomorrow so letting the teachers in on it may help them understand if they are.