Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sex after lap band???

myboyz#1fan
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, was recently banded on the 10th of January, and was just wondering... How is sex after

being banded. I heard different sides like it's great, then some say it's uncomfortable. I was just wondering if

anybody had some lately LOL... that can tell me what's really up?

LOL, wouldn't that depend on your partner?! Just kidding. I was nervous about the same thing and it only gets better from here! The port does not interfere in any activity that I have encountered (not just talking sex but other activities such as diving, fishing, snowboarding, etc.) One thing I did notice is as my body changed and I lose weight, my body (and my husband) actually responded even better. So, heads up, you have a good time ahead of you as you lose weight! Have fun!

Hi, was recently banded on the 10th of January, and was just wondering... How is sex after

being banded. I heard different sides like it's great, then some say it's uncomfortable. I was just wondering if

I started having sex again 4 days after surgery (too soon, I know) but I've never had an issue with anything being uncomfortable. Your best bet is to try it out and see what works for you.

I started having sex again 4 days after surgery (too soon, I know) but I've never had an issue with anything being uncomfortable. Your best bet is to try it out and see what works for you.

How on earth did you manage that? It's been over 2 weeks since I was banded and I'm still hurting!

How on earth did you manage that? It's been over 2 weeks since I was banded and I'm still hurting!

I'm a quick healer with an insanely high pain threshold. I didn't even need pain meds after day 2 post-surgery. The only thing that hurt during sex was if weight was put on the port area. Other than that, it was fair game.

I've been married for almost 13 years, with my husband for 16 and our sex life had gone down hill the last year. I think it is because I had gotten so heavy, my husband said it didn't matter, but I know it did. We resumed activity 1 week after surgery, and have done it almost everyday since then ;) I have had no issues with pain unless he accidently put pressure on my port. After about 6 weeks, that didn't bother me anymore. We both enjoy it more, so I would have to say I'm a happy customer :D

I keep telling my husband I'll just get more flexible as I lose. He's worried he may not find me attractive if I 'get skinny' (a fear we both have)

I keep telling my husband I'll just get more flexible as I lose. He's worried he may not find me attractive if I 'get skinny' (a fear we both have)

I totally have this fear too! My husband doesn't seem as concerned but it worries me from time to time! The way I figure - you can always unfill or just work on maintenance if you get 'too skinny'! Another reason I love the lapband over the other options. I haven't gotten the surgery yet, but this has definitely been a fear of mine!

We were back at it a week or 2 after my surgery. Try different positions to see which is most comfortable for you and enjoy. Hubby is loving my body as it keeps shrinking.

The only change I've noticed is that I'm more willing to do certain positions. Everything else is as great as ever.

I havent had any problems... It was about 2 weeks after surgery for me... not for any particular reason... it just worked out that way. And as for fills... I had my first one on Friday and we got busy Friday and Saturday night!B)

I have not experienced any pain however if his weight is on my stomach I can feel it on my port but the Dr told me there was no harm that could come of it as long as I wasnt uncomfortable.

So far so good

I'm glad this was posted. I'm 1 week post-op today and I've been dying for some attention ;) I wouldn't mind trying but I"m still in pain and have some swelling and discomfort in my port area.

I was worries as some of the others were that my fiance wouldn't find me attractive after becoming thinner, but he says it's not an issue as long as you cant see all of my bones. =) I'm happy to think that he might actually find me a little MORE attractive! =) Since before and after surgery I have lost 21 lbs and nobody has noticed yet! :( but I'll get there!

OMG you lost that much already good job

I'm glad this was posted. I'm 1 week post-op today and I've been dying for some attention ;) I wouldn't mind trying but I"m still in pain and have some swelling and discomfort in my port area.

I was worries as some of the others were that my fiance wouldn't find me attractive after becoming thinner, but he says it's not an issue as long as you cant see all of my bones. =) I'm happy to think that he might actually find me a little MORE attractive! =) Since before and after surgery I have lost 21 lbs and nobody has noticed yet! :( but I'll get there!