Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, my name is Pat, and I had my surgery on Nov. 30th in Okla. So far, since starting this journey on Sept. 30th, I have lost 41 lbs. My insurance required me to lose 20lbs. before my surgery and I have continued to lose since my surgery. I went back for my first fill on Jan.4th and didn't get one because I had lost 11 lbs. since my first visit to the Dr. a week after my surgery. I was very excited by that news, but since coming home (I have to travel 4hrs. to the Dr.) I haven't lost any more. They told me this is not uncommon and that I would probably have a fill next month when I go back. I haven't been able to find a support group anywhere around where I live, so this forum is great. It is nice to be able to talk with others in the same boat and get advice from those who have been at this a little longer than I have. I weighted 277 when I started in Sept. and I now weigh 231. My goal is 155, but I am not going to worry over how fast or slow I lose the weight. I do go to the gym and do my resistence exercises and either walk or use my Gazelle.

My name is Sue and I had my surgery on Jan. 3. I've lost 20 lbs. so far, most during the two-week liquid diet. Everything's going well two weeks out. I still have some pain. It's amazing how I am just not hungry. My meals are small and I get full fast. The food tastes so good, but my ravenous hunger is gone. My first fill is in two week. It will be interesting to see how that goes. How long did your incisions hurt after the surgery?

My name is Sue and I had my surgery on Jan. 3. I've lost 20 lbs. so far, most during the two-week liquid diet. Everything's going well two weeks out. I still have some pain. It's amazing how I am just not hungry. My meals are small and I get full fast. The food tastes so good, but my ravenous hunger is gone. My first fill is in two week. It will be interesting to see how that goes. How long did your incisions hurt after the surgery?

Truthfully, I had very little pain. I was sent home with pain meds., but only took it in the hospital, and the next two days. I was in the hospital overnight, my insurance required it, left the hospital the next day, stayed the night at the motel, (I live 4 hrs. from the Dr. and hospital), and we drove home the next day. I knew I would probably need pain meds. that day and was glad I had them. It was a long ride home. I was sick to my stomach, but managed to keep what little I was eating or should I say drinking down. After that I really didn't have any pain except for where my port is and that is still tender, as I understand it will be for a few months. I now realize after reading some of the posts on here that different Drs. believe in different approaches to our eating. I am to have 3 small meals and 3 Snacks a day plus 64 oz. of liquid a day. I have to make sure that I am getting at least 70 grams of Protein in my meals a day. I usually have a Protein shake each morning, snack at mid-morning, 4oz. Protein and 1/2 cup cooked veggies or 1/2 cup fruit or 1 cup raw veggies for lunch and dinner with a snack mid-afternoon and evening. I am to quit eating if I start to feel full. I sometimes feel like all I do is eat, but I am losing the weight so I am not going to complain.

Hi, my name is Pat, and I had my surgery on Nov. 30th in Okla. So far, since starting this journey on Sept. 30th, I have lost 41 lbs. My insurance required me to lose 20lbs. before my surgery and I have continued to lose since my surgery. I went back for my first fill on Jan.4th and didn't get one because I had lost 11 lbs. since my first visit to the Dr. a week after my surgery. I was very excited by that news, but since coming home (I have to travel 4hrs. to the Dr.) I haven't lost any more. They told me this is not uncommon and that I would probably have a fill next month when I go back. I haven't been able to find a support group anywhere around where I live, so this forum is great. It is nice to be able to talk with others in the same boat and get advice from those who have been at this a little longer than I have. I weighted 277 when I started in Sept. and I now weigh 231. My goal is 155, but I am not going to worry over how fast or slow I lose the weight. I do go to the gym and do my resistence exercises and either walk or use my Gazelle.

Hi, my name is Lori, I am a newbie, just hand my surgery 1/14/11.........So happy you are doing well and losing weight. I have lost 20lbs. on the pre diet so excited to so what my future will be. Keep up the good work!:rolleyes:

Hi, my name is Lori, I am a newbie, just hand my surgery 1/14/11.........So happy you are doing well and losing weight. I have lost 20lbs. on the pre diet so excited to so what my future will be. Keep up the good work!:rolleyes:

Thanks Lori. It is so good to have others who have or are going through what I am to talk with. I know you will do great. Keep me posted.

Hi,

My name is Marsha. I had lap band surgery on 1/2/11. It is nice to see others here in similar situations. Right now I still focused on food. I am still on the clear liquid stage until 1/19/2010 and I feel hungry or at least want to eat most of the time while I am at home. Hopefully after I am back to work it will get easier.

Hi my name is Alisa and i got banded on Jan 9... We are stationed in Germany and I guess they do it different here. I always feel hungry.. It hasnt stopped my hunger yet.. but my doc said he just put the band on and then on Feb 9 he will tighten it.. Is that what they do in the states as well?? I have lost 10 pounds so but I still feel hungry all the time...I am still a little sore where my port is but to gather from all the info its going to be that way for a while. I am on a liquid diet until the 9th so I am hoping I lose a little more.... Good luck to everyone out there!!! I am excited to see where this takes me!!

Hi my name is Alisa and i got banded on Jan 9... We are stationed in Germany and I guess they do it different here. I always feel hungry.. It hasnt stopped my hunger yet.. but my doc said he just put the band on and then on Feb 9 he will tighten it.. Is that what they do in the states as well?? I have lost 10 pounds so but I still feel hungry all the time...I am still a little sore where my port is but to gather from all the info its going to be that way for a while. I am on a liquid diet until the 9th so I am hoping I lose a little more.... Good luck to everyone out there!!! I am excited to see where this takes me!!

Congrats on losing 10 lbs! I was banded on friday 1/14 and I was told the first few weeks are for healing so not to worry if I don't lose alot of weight. I am suppose to go back to see the DR in 4 weeks to get a fill so then I will have more restriction. Good luck on your journey :)

Thank you for your service. Yes, you may be hungry before your band is adjusted - hang in there with the liquid diet as long as you can. Good Luck!

Hi,

My name is Marsha. I had lap band surgery on 1/2/11. It is nice to see others here in similar situations. Right now I still focused on food. I am still on the clear liquid stage until 1/19/2010 and I feel hungry or at least want to eat most of the time while I am at home. Hopefully after I am back to work it will get easier.

Marsha, hang in there. I know till I could have soft food I was not happy with what I was able to eat. Also, I have had a terriable time with the Protein powders the Dr. recommends. It is so sickening sweet I gagged every morning trying to get it down. I finally went back to ESA pre-made shakes. They have less Protein than the recommemded powder, but I just use 1 or 2 packets of Beneprotein (unflavored) in my full liquids.. They have 6 grams of protein each so that gets me to the amount of grams I am to have each day. I only had to be on the clear liquid diet for a week, then a week of pureeded foods, a week of soft food, and after 4 weeks I got to go back on solid food. I went back on solid food the Wed. before Christmas and that was such a treat. I didn't want very much food but I got to have my turkey,sweet potatoes and a tsp. of dressisng. Keep up the good work, don't get discouraged and I know you will start to see results.

Alisa, congratulations, 10 lbs. is a great loss. My doctor told me at my 1 week check up not to worry about losing weight, but not to gain any, and 4 weeks later when I went back for my fill I was down another 11 lbs. I didn't get a fill because I had lost the amount of weight one is supposed to lose if the band is tight. I was only on a clear liquid for a week after my surgery. The second week I was on pureed foods, the third week was a soft food diet and I started back on solid food my 4th week. So far I have not been hungry. I get to have a shake for Breakfast, mid-morning snack, Protein and veggie or fruit for lunch and dinner, an afternoon and evening snack. I seem to be eating all the time, but just small portions.I got to start back to the gym this morning and am walking also. I feel great, and I am already off of 1 of my high blood pressure meds. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Thank you for your service. Yes, you may be hungry before your band is adjusted - hang in there with the liquid diet as long as you can. Good Luck!

I had my lapband November 19, 2010 and I have only lost 12 pounds. I am hungry all the time and I can eat a washtub full of food. I don't, I have cut back a lot. So far, I am very disappointed. My insurance would not pay, so I am a self pay patient and that even makes it worse.