Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my lap-band on the 14th

So I just got my band on the 14th at 11:00 a.m and I was in recovery by 11:40ish and in my own room around 2ish. Today being day 3 I feel sore more so where the port is at. I have to watch how I get up from the bed and chair. Today I took a shower and I felt really light headed at 1st then just carried on. So far I've been doing good. On my liquid diet and as of now havent had any problems with to much pain with gas or with anything I'm drinking. How long did it take you to not feel so sore?? I would love to know thanx!!!

Ready to start my journey!!!!

Hi Congrats on your new life! I was banded on Jan 7th and I had the same problem getting out of bed it hurt so bad. I slept on recliner the first 4-5 days. Now I am back in my bed and can actually sleep on my stomach and side :) I would say about a week is around the timeframe for me to not feel sore, but I do still have a little now and then. Good luck to you!!

I also got banded on the 14th. Spent the night in the hospital. Came home early afternoon. I have pain in my left shoulder. Doc said that was normal. I have pain in the port area. I had a "pain ball" attached that slowly dripped lidocane in the area but I literally dropped the ball in the bathroom and unplugged myself. Doc said this thing was something new they were doing in the hospital and not a big thing if it came out. My abdomen is generally sore. I'm really trying to keep hydrated. I do have gas pain still. And the oddest thing is that I can't burp. That causes some discomfort too. I can't bend over very well but I can lift my hands and arms above my head no problem. Some have complained about that. sleeping in a recliner.

Thnks for the info! 4 or 5 days isnt that bad. I am able to sleep in my bed but the way I get out of it I'm sure I look pretty silly. sleeping on my side is what I cant wait for. I hate sleeping on my back. Congrats to you and thanks so much for the info! :D

Hi Congrats on your new life! I was banded on Jan 7th and I had the same problem getting out of bed it hurt so bad. I slept on recliner the first 4-5 days. Now I am back in my bed and can actually sleep on my stomach and side :) I would say about a week is around the timeframe for me to not feel sore, but I do still have a little now and then. Good luck to you!!

A pain ball?!? That sounds interesting maybe that would of helped me when I was still in the hospital. I can't burp as well. I thought that was pretty weird good to know I'm not along on that :) Well I hope you to a well recovery then!! Thanks again for the info!!

I also got banded on the 14th. Spent the night in the hospital. Came home early afternoon. I have pain in my left shoulder. Doc said that was normal. I have pain in the port area. I had a "pain ball" attached that slowly dripped lidocane in the area but I literally dropped the ball in the bathroom and unplugged myself. Doc said this thing was something new they were doing in the hospital and not a big thing if it came out. My abdomen is generally sore. I'm really trying to keep hydrated. I do have gas pain still. And the oddest thing is that I can't burp. That causes some discomfort too. I can't bend over very well but I can lift my hands and arms above my head no problem. Some have complained about that. sleeping in a recliner.

Hi I was banded on the 11th. I felt terrific when I woke up this am (good night last night too)! My first day that I totally felt like myself!

These board helped me so much earlier today - I couldn't burp and I didn't get nervous - had read that it is hard to burp after the band :). Thanks all!

Congrats to you!! I felt a little better as well this morning. I think its really day by day everyone.. Glad you feel terrific!!

Hi I was banded on the 11th. I felt terrific when I woke up this am (good night last night too)! My first day that I totally felt like myself!

These board helped me so much earlier today - I couldn't burp and I didn't get nervous - had read that it is hard to burp after the band :). Thanks all!

I, too, was banded on the 14th. Recovery has been much better than anticipated. Gas in my abdomen area has been the biggest issue, but I am getting around, doing light laundry, dishes, etc. I am excited to begin this journey and thankful there are people here going right along beside me. Good luck on your progress.

i was banded on the 13th :) and today i feel so much better! i am a side sleeper so it has been really hard for me to sleep on my back but last night i was able to sleep on my side :) and i have not had to take any tylenol today so i am really excited about that. good luck to you all and hope we can keep in touch on here :)

First off congratulations on getting banded! I was banded on the 10th. I’m still sore at my incisions and at the port area. However it has been one week and I’m feeling SO much better the first 3 days where not fun at all! The first few days I also got light-headed and dizzy when I tried to do anything … but that all past around the 4 day mark! I even went to the gym and walked a few laps!! Last night was the first night I got to sleep on my side … it still kinda hurt but it was doable! Hang in there! I know the first few days are the worst but just think in a few more days you will be feeling so much better you are on the road to a healthy happy you … lol what’s a few days of pain ;) Here is to a new you!! Cheers!

Hi And Congrats, it sure is a new way of life. I was banded on January 10 the day after my birthday. Yes I had cake. I work at a daycare so I was off for almost a week but today Im back and doing ok just cant lift. I was filling much better around day 4. My biggest insission is still sore but the rest are doing ok. Still have lots of gas. Im half way through the 10 days of liquids. Im so ready to be done with that

weight.png

So I just got my band on the 14th at 11:00 a.m and I was in recovery by 11:40ish and in my own room around 2ish. Today being day 3 I feel sore more so where the port is at. I have to watch how I get up from the bed and chair. Today I took a shower and I felt really light headed at 1st then just carried on. So far I've been doing good. On my liquid diet and as of now havent had any problems with to much pain with gas or with anything I'm drinking. How long did it take you to not feel so sore?? I would love to know thanx!!!

Ready to start my journey!!!!

Hi

I was done just before you on the 11th. was uncomfortable until today.

i slept on my side from early on, my right side that is. My port is on the left. what i do is i lie on the right side and put a pillow under my tummy to support it (thus my flabby tummy can't all drag to the side and pull the port area) works gret and have a great nights sleep. i can't sleep on my back at all.

also if you are having alot of tightness from the band suck ice lollies or even some ice. the cold ice take down some of the inflammation :)

good luck hun

I am just after realising ...I have a port side...like a ship lol :rolleyes:

Hi...I was banded on the 4th and I have had some pain in the area of my port still a bit but not too bad. Bending over is still a challenge, but I am already back to work and feeling pretty darn good. :)

I was banded on the 14th and today I am finally feeling normal. Just hang in there, it gets easier everyday! I am so greatful for this forum, it has literally saved me from going crazy with anxiety knowing we can share our stories and suggestions. Nervous about going back to work tomorrow, but excited about losing the weight. Thank you all!!