Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day 2 post op and shower help

I had my surgery on wed and my dr used glue to close me up I was told I could shower 24 hours after surgery it has now been 48 hours but I'm so nervious about taking a shower with my insisions glued shut I like hot and long showers. Is it ok to take a long hot shower or should I keep it short?????

It should be fine! Go for it. I just wouldn't scurb at your incisions or anything.

Keep it short if you are worried. I didn't have glue but it took me a couple of days to allow the Water to run directly on my incision sites. They were covered with steri-strips.

You should be fine. My dr said I could swim the day after surgery if I wanted.

That first shower of mine was long and hot... it felt marvelous!

I have this on my incisions and had my surgery Monday the 10th and have taken a long hot shower every day. They are still holding fast! Although, they are leaking that clear lymphatic Fluid on my tshirts but it gets better every day.

K thanks all I feel better about hopping into the shower.

I am another who has the glue, I love hot showers and know it can help with healing. I only went over my stomach with my hands lightly with soap. I was wondering when It would come off!!

K thanks all I feel better about hopping into the shower.

Same here with the glue.. I was banded Jan 10th and glue still holdong strong. I just try to keep my back more to the Water and dont scrub them, I also use an anti bacterial wash soap just in case.. A little paranoid i guess :) Good luck

It is fine. Just I would not scrub at them. In fact 2 weeks post op the glue was falling off the incisions but still on the skin around it, I finally had to use my nail to get it off. So it is pretty strong

I took my long hot shower yesterday and it felt so good. I keep my back to the Water most of the shower and all is well with the insisions yay.

I was afraid of doing any damage to my incision, so my husband got me those big waterproof band-aids and I used it everytime I was in the shower for those long relaxing moments on my first week post op...

it works, my incision was dry and I was happy =D :D

I had surgery the 10th and doc said it was fine to shower (no soaking in tubs or pools) after the 1st 24 hours. I also have Dermabond on my incisions. Took a long (20+ min) hot shower on Thurs with no probs; just didn't scrub the incisions and didn't let the Water on the spots directly (the hot water was a bit uncomfortable with direct contact with the incisions).

I had surg 12/15 and was told 24 hrs later shower, no soaking. My stuff was called dermabond and it all just came off all 5 incisions 1/10, so its long lasting...just remember, don't pick or else the skin under it might not be ready and u could get infected :( I too used anti bacterial soap for the first 3 weeks post op, then went back to my moisturizer :)