Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

im now currently 10 days after surgery. last night i finally was able to sleep in my own bed instead of the reclining couch but after about two hours i got the most horrific pain in my life, i was about to call 911 cuz i thought i was having a heart attack.

my left shoulder, neck and rib area are in horrific pain.

when i try to inhale it feel like my lungs are going into shock and they start freaking out. this pain is by far the worst i have felt and im reading things about other people having gas problem and it hurts the shoulder but no one is saying anything about not being able to inhale, im having a really hard time with this and im 21 years old and dont have a whole lot of knowlege about how the gas effects the body and my dr is basically non-communicational. i got my staples removed 2 days ago and i asked him a question and he ignored me, no bed side manner at all.....some one please help!:(

I would think 10 days post-op the pain should not as bad as what you are having. Your age should be helping as well.

I think you should call your surgeon's office and explain what is going on. He/she is the best one to help you in this case. The bedside manner doesn't matter and it may be different every time, This is still the best person to help you.

I think if you are having trouble breathing, all of a sudden like this, with pain, you should be checked out. I would rather go to the ER and be told I had gas than to stay home with a pulmonary embolus (bloot clot in lung).

i think it may be gas cuz i have been reading aaaaaaaa lot more since i posted that (15 mins ago lol) and i noticed people talking about kinda hunching over and feeling some relief and i noticed that now im not on the couch and im slouched up typing on my computer i do feel a little relief. i can breathe at least. still pain in the shoulder ribs and neck but at least i can breathe.

also a read a lot of entries about people taking gas-x....do u think that will help?

If you are ever having difficulty breathing you need to call 911 and go to the ED. If your surgeon will not help you, I'm sure a ED physician will take youy seriously.

Pain and difficulty breathing is no laughing matter and should not be taken lightly. As someone else mentioned, you have to be concerned about a PE (pulmonary embolism) . Someone needs to check you out, you are 10 days post op IMO you should be feeling A LOT better.

I pray you start feeling better soon.

Having the same problems!!!! I know how it feels and I am sorry.. It hasnt been a week yet for me, but i called yesterday and they told me its gas and should subside by today and it hasnt.. I was doing some reading on some of the other forums and came acrossed this women who had mentioned a pinched nerve from the band pressing on it.. I wrote it down some where but misplaced it.... She said it bothers her for a while then goes away until she gets a fill... I hope that you can find someone to help you Good luck

Seems to me that ten days post op is a long time to be having gas pain. I would encourage you to go get checked out.

The pain from gas after this sugery is painful and yes you do have pain when you try to take a deep breath. A heating pad works good for this. But........... 10 days post-op I feel the same as alot of the others that have posted and you should seek some help. not to scare you but I had a Pulmonary Embolus after I had my hysterectomy and it wasnt fun. Good luck hope you feel better soon.

well turns out it was pulmonary emboli, i had it it both lungs! not just from surgery but they said between being a smoker, on birth control and then the surgery are all factors. i now have to be on heprin and cumadin for at least a year and watch every single thing that i do.

thank you all who kinda scared me into going to the ER cuz i would have been sitting here going "oh its just gas it will pass":blink:

I hate to say it, but I agree with some of the previous posters that it is gas. I remember this feeling like it was yesterday (and I am well over a year out). If you feel that there is truly something wrong though, I would go to the ER. Always better to err on the side of caution if you really feel that something is wrong and you don't want to chance it. Everyone is so different, but i remember that feeling all to well.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

When in doubt go to the ER, like you did. If you hadn't you may not have been around long enough to post what the problem actually was.

As beneficial as these boards are they are NO replacement for actual medical advice.

If you are having an issue you are concerned enough about to ask people online, call your Doctor, if your Doctor won't listen, call another doctor in the same field and explain that your doctor won't listen and you need input from someone who knows the surgery, if they won't listen go to the ER and bring your medical records with you to show what you had done.

You are allowed to get a copy of your medical records at any time and I suggest everyone do it after their surgery so they have them accessible for travel, family, emergency, etc.

Never take advice online as the gospel - especially when it comes to your health.

well turns out it was pulmonary emboli, i had it it both lungs! not just from surgery but they said between being a smoker, on birth control and then the surgery are all factors. i now have to be on heprin and cumadin for at least a year and watch every single thing that i do.

thank you all who kinda scared me into going to the ER cuz i would have been sitting here going "oh its just gas it will pass":blink:

Thank GOD you went to the ED ! I am soo glad you are being treated. I pray you are feeling better. God bless you & take care of yourself !

Wow! :o I am so glad you got it checked out! I hope things go better for you now. Best wishes.:)

OMG I didn't even see this post (I was posting my "I think it's gas" post as you were posting and yours seemed to hit first). What a GREAT decision you made going to the ER!!!! You know your body more than any one else does and it's great that you had the foresight to go!!!!! i hope you feel better soon!