Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so i was banded nov 19, 2010. I am doing awesome. Losing a good steady pace. Had a speedy recovery even have the hubby and kids eating ground turkey in replace of ground beef.

So i ask my husband if he needed anything while i ran into the store. He said i miss Brownies. ( use to bake them 3/4 times a week pre-lapband) So me and my will power waked down the aisle and bought a box. Looked at the calorie count and laughed! 170 per square. ( who knew a box made 20 .. ) i use to cut mine into 12 .. Ooops.

So i make dinner yesterday. Boneless pork chops ( 3.5oz) and mixed veggies calories totaling 145. :) then its snack time for the kids before bed. Of course they want brownies. So i cut them to make 20 .. my kids who are 4 and 6 look at me weird and said why are they so small we want 2! i explain mommy use to cut them wrong and we have to eat the correct size! So i put the kids to bed and it hits me.

I NEED a brownie. I lost all will power and ate 2 squares :( my SNACK was more than my dinner and i wasnt even hungry.

SO my problem is what can i do since i know brownies are my weekness. I need a lost fat/calorie brownie. Does this even exist? I haven't fell off the wagon since nov 1st! NOt cheated but how am i going to fight the brownies? they are still sitting there and will be for a week or so ... My husband will eat 2 or 3 and be over them. I only allow my kids 2 sweets a week.

Any sugestions would be appriciated

ps thet were so worth the calories but i WILL NOT let brownies ruin me!

Try the Rocco Disporti recipe for browns... Delicious! And nutritous

Take a couple for the husband and kids and freeze them in individuals baggies. The rest either go to work with your husband or get thrown away. Tought I know but thems the facts. By freezing them it will take you longer to eat one if you were to falter. Also just because you take one does'nt mean you have to eat the whole thing. One bite and the rest can go down the garbage disposal. <br /><br />I totally get wanting to have an occational treat; the word to remember is occational. Hey, I'm not perfect and I had cake and ice cream at a party last week. But I can't keep cake in my house. <br /><br />Another idea is to have your husband be in charge of the kids twice a week treat. They can have daddy time and go visit a bakery; and not bring any cake, brownies, Cookies home with them.

After 14 months, I have finally figured out I can't keep my trigger foods in the house. I too have kids ages 4 and 6 and they have favorite Snacks like cheese Its but I can't keep them in the house. If I do, I can't just eat a portion. So, I switched to Whole Grain Goldfish which I do not prefer. Kids don't care. But some things they love and I refuse to bring in the house--candy, Doritos, Nutella, and other things. In order to help me with my recovery, unfortunately, my family is forced to make sacrifices too. But it is better for them too!

Ok so i was banded nov 19, 2010. I am doing awesome. Losing a good steady pace. Had a speedy recovery even have the hubby and kids eating ground turkey in replace of ground beef.

So i ask my husband if he needed anything while i ran into the store. He said i miss Brownies. ( use to bake them 3/4 times a week pre-lapband) So me and my will power waked down the aisle and bought a box. Looked at the calorie count and laughed! 170 per square. ( who knew a box made 20 .. ) i use to cut mine into 12 .. Ooops.

So i make dinner yesterday. Boneless pork chops ( 3.5oz) and mixed veggies calories totaling 145. :) then its snack time for the kids before bed. Of course they want brownies. So i cut them to make 20 .. my kids who are 4 and 6 look at me weird and said why are they so small we want 2! i explain mommy use to cut them wrong and we have to eat the correct size! So i put the kids to bed and it hits me.

I NEED a brownie. I lost all will power and ate 2 squares :( my SNACK was more than my dinner and i wasnt even hungry.

SO my problem is what can i do since i know brownies are my weekness. I need a lost fat/calorie brownie. Does this even exist? I haven't fell off the wagon since nov 1st! NOt cheated but how am i going to fight the brownies? they are still sitting there and will be for a week or so ... My husband will eat 2 or 3 and be over them. I only allow my kids 2 sweets a week.

Ever try making them with applesauce instedd of oil and milk/water? Using applesauce cuts the fat down significantly. That way you can have your 1 (or 2) squares and its not the end of the world.

Your post made me laugh...looking at the serving sizes now just crack me up. I saw a box of Pasta has 7 servings ... OMG ... I thought it barely fed 3 people! But I now rethink everything...I use to just pop something little to satisy my cravings but it takes me 40 minutes to burn off 300 calories on the treadmill...I'd rethink that brownie!!

But we all have to enjoy life...my enjoyment is ice cream! Instead of the huge Cereal bowl with 4-5 scoops...I use alittle bowl for 1 scoop,

I'm interested in the applesauce instead of oil...please post if you know the measurements!

It's got to be hard with a family, but should they really be eating brownies 4 times a week either? Or get something for yourself, like 100 calorie pack of Cookies or something so you don't feel left out. Or they have 100 calorie hostess cupcakes not sure how that would go down though.

I don't live with my parents, but they are even scared to tell me what they ate for dinner laugh.gif.

Your post made me laugh...looking at the serving sizes now just crack me up. I saw a box of Pasta has 7 servings ... OMG ... I thought it barely fed 3 people! But I now rethink everything...I use to just pop something little to satisy my cravings but it takes me 40 minutes to burn off 300 calories on the treadmill...I'd rethink that brownie!!

But we all have to enjoy life...my enjoyment is ice cream! Instead of the huge Cereal bowl with 4-5 scoops...I use alittle bowl for 1 scoop,

I'm interested in the applesauce instead of oil...please post if you know the measurements!

You replace the oil with applesauce. Use the exact same amount (1/4 cup oil equals 1/4 cup applesauce). I learned that tip from Weight Watchers. They taste fine but they don't rise as high. I did the switch on a guy that I was dating a couple of years ago. He said they taste fine but they look different. I made it about 5 hours before I caved and told him what was different. But I had the weight problem, not him. So he agreed to the compromise.

I don't see anything wrong with us enjoying treats. No one can expect to NEVER eat a treat for rest of our lives. But, I agree, you can't bring trigger foods in the house. I always had trigger foods in the house because I thought I was being economical. It's cheaper to buy the larger bag vs. an individual serving. But in the end (literally) it wasn't economical at all.

I take joy in discovering my bad habits and finding a healthy alternative. We can do this!

You replace the oil with applesauce. Use the exact same amount (1/4 cup oil equals 1/4 cup applesauce). I learned that tip from Weight Watchers. They taste fine but they don't rise as high. I did the switch on a guy that I was dating a couple of years ago. He said they taste fine but they look different. I made it about 5 hours before I caved and told him what was different. But I had the weight problem, not him. So he agreed to the compromise.

I don't see anything wrong with us enjoying treats. No one can expect to NEVER eat a treat for rest of our lives. But, I agree, you can't bring trigger foods in the house. I always had trigger foods in the house because I thought I was being economical. It's cheaper to buy the larger bag vs. an individual serving. But in the end (literally) it wasn't economical at all.

I take joy in discovering my bad habits and finding a healthy alternative. We can do this!

How about eating one square like it a fine wine. Tiny tiny bites and I bet you want beable to finish it. We have to think like skinny people they enjoy all things but when they r full that stop eating. This is a life style changes not a diet. So once u look at it like that make life so easy. Diet we always fail at. Enjoy your brownie but know when to stop be bless

How about eating one square like it a fine wine. Tiny tiny bites and I bet you want beable to finish it. We have to think like skinny people they enjoy all things but when they r full that stop eating. This is a life style changes not a diet. So once u look at it like that make life so easy. Diet we always fail at. Enjoy your brownie but know when to stop be bless

As a compromise No Pudge brownies are made with yoghurt and have a lot less cal and fat. I stopped making them; because I liked eating the dough raw and ate way to much of it and unless I froze them I made a habit of having one every day for dessert. So I would have one whether I really wanted it or not.

Thanks for all the feed back . I left 4 out ( 3 kids and the hubby 1) then forze the rest. The 2 little 1's noticed and asked where they went. I told them they wre gone until next week. My husband didn't ask where they were but when i told him he said he was proud .. he tohught i fell off the wagon and ate them. I know its ok to eat them every great once in awhile but i wasnt craving them but ate them becauce they were there. Its crazy how i use to crave stuff just because its in the house. I dont buy any junk anymore. I dont even go down the chip aisle. I send my 12 yr old down the aisle to get us veggie straws. ( ps if you like a crunchy snack like chips these are awesome and a better choice!) I have also decided if the hubby is craving brownies again he can buy and make them ( which wont happen) . I'm not making them knowing i wont resist the urge. :) Again thanks for the feedback. Good luck everyone. Do it for YOU! No one else!

I look at things a little differently then some of you. I feel like my family should not suffer because I could not keep my mouth closed. I still buy them the indulgences that they like. They did not go on diets or have to get a tool as wonderful as the band is, to lose weight so I don't take out my shortcomings on them. There are times it is verrrrry difficult to see something I really want to eat, and ocassionally I do eat some, in moderation.

With all that said, those of you who do things differently are just doing what works for you and you all should be proud because they numbers on your tickers show how well its working for you. This journey is different for everyone and the way we go about doing is different as well, but as long as we get the desired results its worth it.

It is funny to me how I look at food now. I used to look at it and not care what or how much of it I ate, all I was concerned with was how good it tasted and how much more I could have. Now, its like I am looking at a calorie, the bigger the number in my mouth means the smaller the results number on the scale.

It was a difficult decision to make, getting the band, but I see now that it was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

APPLESAUCE BROWNIES 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)

1/2 c. applesauce

1/2 c. Water

1 pkg. brownie mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Mix brownie mix, Water, applesauce and egg in large bowl. Beat 50 strokes by hand; don't under-mix.Spread in greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Don't over-bake. Cool completely. Store covered.