Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is it possible to start losing again?????

I was banded 11/08, lost 50 lbs during that first year and have basically just stopped ever since. Granted, weight loss took a backburner because I was feeling so much better than I had before surgery and I just got comfortable at my new weight even though I still have another 50 to go! I also met the love of my life during this time and we got married in October 2010. So a lot of other things were changing in my life and I was happy! but now the wedding, the honeymoon, the holidays are all over and I'm ready to get back into the groove because I now have about 60 lbs to go. But I feel like my body is over it if that makes sense and just doesn't want to lose anymore! I've continued to go to the dr's the past year getting fills and unfills, not sure I'm at my sweet spot but for a long time I've been too tight. Although in my head I didn't know it becuase I wasn't losing weight. I've had to learn that not losing weight doesn't always mean you're not tight enough but the opposite! so I had some taken out the week of Christmas and have been able to eat much better, but I'm afraid too much. Gaining 4 lbs! So I'm ready to get back, get motivated again, make the right choices, need to start excercising again and get focused. Just wondering if there have been successes out there where you quit losing but were able to start again and it worked! I never thought two years ago when I had the surgery that I would still have this far to go, time passes away so fast, I don't want to waste anymore.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it....

Go back to the basics...

I totally agree being too tight is not the answer

The answer to losing the weight and keeping it off is all about eating healthy and exercising.. I found keeping a food & exercise diary beneficial in my weight loss journey..

Eat pt 1st - always have that be the main stay of your food plan - then veggie - the complex carbs/starches

For me I had a calorie budget - it allowed for sf treats - and again if I had a party or went out I budgeted my calories for those occiasions (still do)

Google healthy recipes - there are a lot out they - you new dh won't even know he's eating healthy LOL

Congrats on your success and marriage..

You can complete your jounery - have no doubt - you have the tool to...

I am in the same boat as you. Funny that Janet has posted here before I had the chance to. She is such an inspiration to me and such a wonderful friend of mine. It shouldn't surprise me that she is here cheering you on.

I have just recently decided to get back on the bandwagon. For one reason or another, too many to go into right now, I'm starting again too. I originally lost 70 pounds. Have gained back 25 of that. It's time to get back to the program and do what I had decided to do in Dec. 07.

My husband and I decided that this was the year we were both going to change our lives for good. We began taking charge almost 2 weeks ago. Here's what we did to get back in the groove.

1. We began with the 4 days of liquids. For me, to quit irratating my band, for him to shrink his stomach back to normal size so he wasn't always hungry.

2. We continued with the 5 day pouch test.

3. Now we are continuing with the divided plate idea, 1/2 Protein, 1/3 veggie, the rest a starch. To be honest, we often leave off the starch. If it isn't there, it can't be tempting.

I also went through and threw out all the junk in the house. It was tough but I threw out quite a bit from the fridge and the freezers. We also joined the Blue Cross Blue Shield challenge. It will keep us accountable for the next 12 weeks. See if BCBS has a challenge going in your state. Ours was open to anyone no matter if you were a customer or not. There are lots of those out there, so see if you can find something.

Other than that, it's just back to the basics. I'm here to tell you it is possible. Last week I lost 3 pounds, this week I'm on track to lose the same. My hubby lost 9. Don't think it can't be done. Find that gumption that we had when we started this process and tap into that strength you know is there. It IS there because you lost 50 pounds by using it.

Good luck! And keep posting here!

thank you so much for all the great tips! It's nice to know when other people have gone through it or are going through the same struggles, it doesn't sound so impossible. I have another question, how do ya'll get in extra Fiber without adding carbs??? I can tell I need more fiber because things just aren't moving the way I would like for them too but I'm already starting out my day with 7 carbs just from my multi Vitamin and Omega 3 (both chewables)! My doctor says to stay at 25 carbs but that's so hard to do and still get plenty of fiber. Also I've only found one pre-made Protein Drink that I like and it's chocolate, I would really like to find something I can use to make my own protein/smoothies so I won't be so bored because I'm about over the one drink and in order to do the few days of liquid, I am going to need some variety. What Protein powders have you found that you really like?

I use GNC whey Protein in chocolate, banana, and berry. They are all really good mixed with skim milk. You can usually get a good deal on them too. I sometimes mix the banana and berry one together.

I maintained for 3 years before finding out I would have to unfill my band completely for an abdominal surgery. That scared the whatsit's out of me, I was positive I'd pack on the weight again. Now, I'd been ticking along nicely with maintaining with a band, basically, I ate whatever, whenever, to my heart's desire. Portion Control was assured, the fact that I generally like and choose healthy foods was a given, but I had plenty of sugary or high fat stuff and a glass of wine a day in there too.

I decided I'd better start practicing counting and logging calories and being VERY careful in preparation for what I hoped would only be a few weeks unfilled. What do you know, the weight started falling off! I lost 10lb very quickly and easily, which when you're already at a BMI of 21, is quite a lot of weight.

So yes, anytime you get back on that bike, your band is in there willing to help you. But you have to do the hard stuff - the calorie counting, the saying no to high calorie foods, cutting back on the alcohol etc. Its a pain in the behind, but nobody can eat just whatever they want and lose weight, although with a band you can pretty easily do that and maintain.

I think anything is possible. I had my surgery Oct 6, 2010 and I went from 293 to 249 by December but once I hit that number I got too comfortable so I went back to also tracking my calories through www.myfitnesspal.com it is awesome you can even download apps to your iphone or droid. Sometimes we rely too much on the band itself and not think about "what" we are eating. I thought well if I can eat the cookie and not get sick then it's good but in reality it isn't because I'm not making the life changes that I need to. This is new to me and I went through a lot to get here and I don't want to take this lightly. I used Myfitnesspal before the surgery for over a year and it helped me to realize what I was eating and work to bring my weight down slowly. I wish you the best. if you decide you want to join look me up!

mfontanez77

I can relate. I have been very challeged in this band journey. I know you can do it, though. Just don't quit quitting. Use your band and you will succeed.

I was banded 11/08, lost 50 lbs during that first year and have basically just stopped ever since. Granted, weight loss took a backburner because I was feeling so much better than I had before surgery and I just got comfortable at my new weight even though I still have another 50 to go! I also met the love of my life during this time and we got married in October 2010. So a lot of other things were changing in my life and I was happy! but now the wedding, the honeymoon, the holidays are all over and I'm ready to get back into the groove because I now have about 60 lbs to go. But I feel like my body is over it if that makes sense and just doesn't want to lose anymore! I've continued to go to the dr's the past year getting fills and unfills, not sure I'm at my sweet spot but for a long time I've been too tight. Although in my head I didn't know it becuase I wasn't losing weight. I've had to learn that not losing weight doesn't always mean you're not tight enough but the opposite! so I had some taken out the week of Christmas and have been able to eat much better, but I'm afraid too much. Gaining 4 lbs! So I'm ready to get back, get motivated again, make the right choices, need to start excercising again and get focused. Just wondering if there have been successes out there where you quit losing but were able to start again and it worked! I never thought two years ago when I had the surgery that I would still have this far to go, time passes away so fast, I don't want to waste anymore.