Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded 1-11-11...my new luck number!

Well not many more days to go on our Journey. However, this is just the beginning of our journey.

I am starving. I am on a 14 day preop diet. 2 Carnation sugar free b-fast shake and 1 300-400 meal for dinner. I am to my wits end. I am so hungry. I have less than 3 1/2 days left. I know I can do it however, I just want to cheat. I made sugar free Jello to try to help. We will see. I was told to only have fresh fruits and veggies. This is great but I have IC. A condition with my bladder so I am only able to have pears ($2 a lb), watermelon (not in season), honeydew (also not in season), and blueberries I don't like). So I am out of ideas to help with my sweet tooth. Anyways, just wanted to get some feedback of those sharing this amazing day with me 1-11-11. And those who are going to have their own amazing days. Good luck all.

Good luck to you. You don't have long to wait.

Have you tried Crystal Light drink mixes? sugar free and they really satisfy my sweet tooth. I know it sounds crazy, but I also mix up the peach one and add some to cottage cheese.. tastes like peach pie.. lol

I wish...with this IC....I cant have aspartame....Crystal Light causes me soooooo much pain. Ive come to the conclusion its gonna be Water and ff milk. Thats about it. Homemade ice tea made with Splenda. The sugar free Jello has it in it but I am hoping that with just a little it wont hurt too bad. Thanks for the ideas.

Good luck to you. You don't have long to wait.

Have you tried Crystal Light drink mixes? sugar free and they really satisfy my sweet tooth. I know it sounds crazy, but I also mix up the peach one and add some to cottage cheese.. tastes like peach pie.. lol

Well not many more days to go on our Journey. However, this is just the beginning of our journey.

I am starving. I am on a 14 day preop diet. 2 Carnation sugar free b-fast shake and 1 300-400 meal for dinner. I am to my wits end. I am so hungry. I have less than 3 1/2 days left. I know I can do it however, I just want to cheat. I made sugar free Jello to try to help. We will see. I was told to only have fresh fruits and veggies. This is great but I have IC. A condition with my bladder so I am only able to have pears ($2 a lb), watermelon (not in season), honeydew (also not in season), and blueberries I don't like). So I am out of ideas to help with my sweet tooth. Anyways, just wanted to get some feedback of those sharing this amazing day with me 1-11-11. And those who are going to have their own amazing days. Good luck all.

My Doctor didnt allow any food so lucky you. It was hell but I made it. I did however cheat like one time and had a piece of pizza and boy was it goood. I was banded on 1-6-11 so now I'm dealing with not even wanting to eat. It's hard to even get liquids down. I'm still in that mind set of taking big drinks and boy you don't want to do that. Good luck to you. You can do it hang in there and just think of the future and how it will be.

Wohoooo...I am so excited for you.....it shall be a day I will never forget!

I'm 1-11-11 also! Good luck! I'm sooo excited! :-)

I'm being banded on 1/11/11 as well. Those number have to be lucky!!! 2 days of Clear Liquids.....I think my stomach is going to turn inside out from all the growling.

I am looking forward to being on the other side of this. I've always said, if I could just eat less I know I could lose weight. this is going to help us eat less and feel better.

Good Luck. Be sure to post in a few days with how everything went!

I'm getting banded on 1-12-11. One more day of liquid pre-op diet and then Clear Liquids only. It's sounds like you may not be getting enough Protein if you're starving. My shakes are 27-30 gms of Protein each. That keeps you from feeling hungry. I'm not sure the carnation shake has nearly the amount of protein. Did your Dr. give you any other options?

Connie

Isn't funny how each surgeon has such different requirements...I've had a two week liquid diet of three Protein shakes per day. It was hard the first three days, but then ketosis sets in and you're not hungry. We don't have to do clear liquids before the surgery...I am going to go out for a light dinner the night before...which is tomorrow night...yikes, it's getting so close.

My date is 1-12-11...your date is much cooler lol!!!

I'm being banded on 1/11/11 as well. Those number have to be lucky!!! 2 days of clear liquids.....I think my stomach is going to turn inside out from all the growling.

I am looking forward to being on the other side of this. I've always said, if I could just eat less I know I could lose weight. this is going to help us eat less and feel better.

Good Luck. Be sure to post in a few days with how everything went!

Good luck