Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Welcome everyone! I'm so happy to see our February group growing. I wish there was an easier way to post instead of in one single topic thread. Does anyone have any ideas?

I just got GREAT NEWS! I got approved!! Yippee! I will be getting my surgery on 2/11/11. I'm very excited and anxious. I need to get going on this. I cannot stand myself anymore at this weight and I want to feel better!!! I was told by the NUT that I had to just maintain my weight until I was approved because I am a 35.9 BMI (with a number of cmorbidities) and didn't want to run the risk of being rejected by insurance if I dropped below a 35. It is funny...someone tells me to keep eating and I'm anxious to diet! GO FIGURE!

I think this board is wonderful. The support is great and I know it will help me as I continue with this journey.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!

Thanks! I know this will be a great tool for me to get healthy and be more active for my son. I have a 9 month old that I look forward to the day I can keep up with him. I am doing this now so he knows that being over weight is not the right way to live. I want him to know what a fit mother is and be fully engaged in his life.

Does anyone in here want to buddy up with me? I am 28 and have a 2 year old daughter. My surgery will be on Feb 5th. I am 5'8" and 301lbs and my goal is to be 160lbs. Seems like a looooooooong way off. But I am planning on working out or walking the neighborhood every single day. It is no excuses for me starting on Feb 5th! I WILL lose this weight!! Let me know if you want to be my buddy!

Does anyone in here want to buddy up with me? I am 28 and have a 2 year old daughter. My surgery will be on Feb 5th. I am 5'8" and 301lbs and my goal is to be 160lbs. Seems like a looooooooong way off. But I am planning on working out or walking the neighborhood every single day. It is no excuses for me starting on Feb 5th! I WILL lose this weight!! Let me know if you want to be my buddy!

Hey Korilynn,

We are about the same size, I started out at 300llbs at 5"8, had surgery 1/14/11 and have lost about 25llbs. (Yea). I am allot older than you at 52, but also looking for people for support and talk to, so if your interested you can add me to your buddy list. I am also determined to lose and try to exercise every day, I am a gardener and eagerly look forward to being much healthier when doing what I Love.

Best of luck to you..........Lori:D

Hey Lori, thank you so much!! :)

I did want to let you know that you can quote someone and respond in the same post--I didn't know if you knew that or maybe your computer was being wacky, as computers often are! :lol:

When you quote someone's post, all you have to do is type your response right underneath their quote in the text box. I hope that helps somewhat! :)

Hey Lori, thank you so much!! :)

I did want to let you know that you can quote someone and respond in the same post--I didn't know if you knew that or maybe your computer was being wacky, as computers often are! :lol:

When you quote someone's post, all you have to do is type your response right underneath their quote in the text box. I hope that helps somewhat! :)

Thanks, didn't know that, I am "VERY" new to forums, will do from now on...............Thanks again Lori :(

Hey girl! I am 33 and have a 9 month old son. I am 274 lbs and hope to get to 150lbs. I have my final supervised diet on Feb 3rd and then I will get my surgery scheduled. I hope to get it in before the end of February! :) I would love to buddy up and kick Fat's ass together! LOL

Surgery Feb 10th - 1:45 pm

Took my before pics last night and WOW..........................What an motivating eye opener..........any doubt or fear of surgery I had is GONE......

good luck to everyone :D

Hi Everyone!! I'm kinda out of the loop, it's been a crazy week but wanted to say Welcome to all the new future bandsters, CONGRATS to everyone who has their approvals and Good Luck to all of us still fighting through the insurance process!!

I had my final round of testing on Wednesday which included gallbladder ultrasound, chest and abdominal xrays and my UGI scan. Now it all needs to be sent to my PCP so she can write my medical clearance letter. Then that all needs to go to my surgeons office so they can submit everything to insurance. Little by little things are getting done. Hoping I'll get an approval in early Feb and a surgery date in late Feb!!

Hope you all are doing well!!

~Natalie

Hey girl! I am 33 and have a 9 month old son. I am 274 lbs and hope to get to 150lbs. I have my final supervised diet on Feb 3rd and then I will get my surgery scheduled. I hope to get it in before the end of February! :) I would love to buddy up and kick Fat's ass together! LOL

Thanks for adding me! Kicking fat's ass sounds amazing!! :)

Surgery Feb 10th - 1:45 pm

Took my before pics last night and WOW..........................What an motivating eye opener..........any doubt or fear of surgery I had is GONE......

good luck to everyone :D

Wooohooo! That is BRAVE! I am waiting until the day before my surgery before I do my before pic.

Welcome everyone! I'm so happy to see our February group growing. I wish there was an easier way to post instead of in one single topic thread. Does anyone have any ideas?

I just got GREAT NEWS! I got approved!! Yippee! I will be getting my surgery on 2/11/11. I'm very excited and anxious. I need to get going on this. I cannot stand myself anymore at this weight and I want to feel better!!! I was told by the NUT that I had to just maintain my weight until I was approved because I am a 35.9 BMI (with a number of cmorbidities) and didn't want to run the risk of being rejected by insurance if I dropped below a 35. It is funny...someone tells me to keep eating and I'm anxious to diet! GO FIGURE!

I think this board is wonderful. The support is great and I know it will help me as I continue with this journey.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!

Congrats girl! THat is funny to make sure you don't lose weight.. but after being on this sucky liquid diet.. YOU GO GIRL!:lol:

We could create our own Yahoo Group does Google do groups too? That way we could just get them via email and respond right from our emails? What do you guys think? I could set it up... or does anyone have any other ideas? LMK

@Polly...welcome to the group hon!!

Hi Everyone!! I'm kinda out of the loop, it's been a crazy week but wanted to say Welcome to all the new future bandsters, CONGRATS to everyone who has their approvals and Good Luck to all of us still fighting through the insurance process!!

I had my final round of testing on Wednesday which included gallbladder ultrasound, chest and abdominal xrays and my UGI scan. Now it all needs to be sent to my PCP so she can write my medical clearance letter. Then that all needs to go to my surgeons office so they can submit everything to insurance. Little by little things are getting done. Hoping I'll get an approval in early Feb and a surgery date in late Feb!!

Hope you all are doing well!!

~Natalie

Wish you the best of luck.... and you get good new soon:rolleyes:

Thanks, didn't know that, I am "VERY" new to forums, will do from now on...............Thanks again Lori :(

I hope I didn't offend by offering advice. I just wanted to help. :)