Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello - New here and looking for some HELP!

Hi! I am new to this site, and am looking for friends and advise. I had my lapband on 9/24/10, since then I lost 30lbs in the first month and nothing since. I have just had my second fill on 12/23/10, I do now feel restriction meat always gets stuck and have vomitted a few times. Because of that I am very careful about what I will eat, I am back to thick liquids, like pudding consistency. I don't understand why I am having such a hard time loosing anymore weight!! I don't eat alot and do skip meals and have slacked off on my Protein Shakes. Could that be the reason? I can understand maybe not loosing, but gaining???? I do drink like 5 bottles of Water a day so I think my water intake is good. I am very upset and need help. I haven't been able to find a support group close to me and don't know anyone that has had this problem so I am hoping I can find some friends and support here because God knows no one in my home has a weight issue but me!!! I don't excersise much, but would love to find someone to work out with. I have a serious back injury (have had 2 failed surgeries) but love to exercise anyway-I push through the pain. If anyone has any advise for me I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

You sound like I did back in the beginning. Hang in there, it does get better!!! You're in bandster hell! The limbo period of time when you're banded, but not at your sweet spot yet. Don't worry, you will get there!

First off, you NEED to eat. Skipping meals and slacking on Protein will not help you lose weight. When you don't eat, your body is holding on to every ounce it can get and you go into starvation mode. By eating, you will increase your metabolism and make the food start working for you. Get some Protein shakes, Protein Bars, etc... they will help.

If you're getting stuck on meat and vomiting, it could be one of three things, or a combo of all. 1) You're taking too big of bites and not chewing enough. or 2) you're eating too fast. or 3) you're band is too tight. I think you said you've only had one fill, so I doubt you're too tight. I'm willing to bet you're eating too fast and taking too big of bites. We're all guilty of it, and by vomiting, it's your band telling you you're doing something wrong. Throwing up is the last thing you want to do, as you could slip your band. Meaning, your stomach, while contracting to push food out, will come up through the band and that will cause the band to slip down. That is NO GOOD. Try cutting your food up in peices you would feed a toddler (or no bigger than the eraser on the tip of a pencil). Sure, it's a pain, but it will help.

Great job at drinking the Water. Still practice small sips. Trust me, when you're tighter, big gulps will be a thing of the past unless you enjoy pain! ;)

Hmmmm, what else can I offer from my journey?!?! I don't claim to know all the answers, and Lord knows I've cussed this band on more than one occasion, but at the end of the day I'm almost 55lbs lighter and it's all because of the band and from what I've learned here and other blogs!!

Good luck!!! You CAN do this and you WILL!

Thanks for all your advise, God knows I need all I can get!! I did start back on the Protein Shakes and am making sure I don't skip meals anymore. This is a great place to get much needed advise and tips. Thanks again!