Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just cant get my Sh*% together

I don't know if it's the holidays or what but I'm getting no where fast. I have gained 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks, have plenty of things I cant tolerate but the things I can I feel like I can eat endlessly. I know I'm making crappy food choices and not really exersicing now that the cold weather is here. I just feel like I cant get out of my own way. What do you do to kick yourself in the butt and get it together?

I'm a week post op and feel tired ....I know if I dont get up and walk from time to time...exercise in some form it will take me forever to do it! Just have to get moving...I sat down and turned my music on earphones to get me moving. It's not much but I'm not just sitting here while I read this. If you have to take a break for a few minutes but get back up even if it's not for long!

Kassy, just hang in there!! the holidays have been a trying time for a lot of us, and many of us have had some woes, completely including me!! These past 3 weeks have been so hard, and I keep yoyo-ing between gaining and losing 2lbs. I had a fill 2 weeks ago, that has done nothing for me!! But this week, I vowed to get back on track. I know that this is the most weight I have lost in about 10 years, and I feel good! Getting compliments about how I look has helped me too!! I keep thinking about how proud my family in FL will be to see me when I go down to visit the in Feb. These things are helping me to refocus. I also went back on liquids to get back on track. So far, I ahve lost the 2 lbs in 2 days, and am happy!!

Keep up the great work!

Kassy it has been the same for me and I am almost 2 years out from band date. I feel like I have completely lost it lately. I know we can get back on track, I am just getting impatient waiting for my will power to come back!

You can get it together :) Negativity is definitely a show-stopper. Take little steps and get yourself back on track. Clean all of the junk food out of your house. It's cold most places in the winter, you can always exercise inside. YouTube is full of all types of exercise workouts that you can try AND they're free.

You can do it!

Sounds like you need to get back to basics:

eat at least 60gms of proien

drink at least 64oz of water- the more the better

start an excersise program- I know it's expensive but maybe you can join a gym or splurge on something like a treadmill for the house. The wii fit is another thought.

Journal everything you eat- bring it to your appt. to help your doctor with your fills.

Get a fill if need be- from what you said I am guessing you don't have restriction.

Keep us posted on how your doing.

Regarding exercise it's true that after doing something everyday for a month it does become a habit. You also need to find something that you can do comfortably. Because of a knee issue; I swim. It's really not as bad as it sounds. Until recently I wore a bathingsuit with a little skirt and once you are in the Water no one can see you anyway. I also use a Water proof mp3 player. Elliptical machines are also good because they are weight bearing but don't have the impact of a treadmill. As for gyms 1) Many insurances will pay part of your membership; as long as you can provide a print out that you've been going; 2) Check out the YMCA/YWCA they are usually really affordable.

Personally I tell myself if I want to have dinner I have to go to the gym. No gym no dinner. Who wants to go with out dinner?

It may sound harsh but it's not. I also find if I don't go to the gym I'm don't sleep as well.

As noted earlier clean out any trigger foods. If you take a bit of somthing here and there and it's not a veggie; it needs to go.