Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year, New You Challenge 2011

Hi everyone. It has been difficult for me to get onto the computer the past several days but I wanted to say hello!

Everyone is doing so good! Keep it up everyone! The end of the month is almost here.

I have only been able to exercise a couple times since I last posted. I did throw in a few jogs with my walks on the tredmill. I am hoping this week is a little easier for me, time wise...

I did lose 2 pounds and finally broke the 230 mark. Before getting up to 250 over the last year, I hovered at 230 for a good year and a half so being that I saw the scale say 228, I am so super thrilled! It was inspiring.

I haven't been too bad with eating and exercise but I know I can do better so I am trying to use this inspiring 2 pounds to keep me motivated! Still hoping to hit at least 7 more by the end of the month!

Alright Danielle your weight has been updated! I understand if you can't make it to the computer so no worries. It's crazy how many people still haven't posted their numbers! *shakes fist* Haha ^_^

I just have to say how happy i was .. i walked for 6 blocks in the cold and came home and was so pumped I did the wii fit for 45 mins....some of the yoga is soo hard ! i went to my 1 month dr's appt and lost 25 lbs !! i cant fix my tracker :( but my start weight is wrong ... i am pushing for 60 by Easter and I start back at the gym sat morning !!! cant wait !!!!!!!

hope everyones doing great !!

amy

I know I am waaaaay late for this challenge but there are 2 weeks left in this month and need some sort of motivation. Hopefully we can continue this in February. However, my information is below:

Name: Ketia

Age~32

Weight on January 15th~ 259

Goal Weight for January 31st~ 250

Exercise Goal for January~ go to the gym at least 4 days out the week and try more cardio classes

Dietary Goal for January~ Eat more protien and stay at 1200 or less calories

Personal Goal for January~ Getting back on the wagon and staying on it

Date Banded~ 12/07/09

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~40 pounds

This is awesome! I am need of a challenge. I am a slooowwww loser and feel off the band wagon over Christmas but am now ready to get back to it.

Name, real or screen~ Stefani

Age~ 27

Weight on January 3rd~ 179

Goal Weight for January 31st~174

Exercise Goal for January~ 3x per week for 1 hour

Dietary Goal for January~ chicken, fish, salad, and repeat

Personal Goal for January~ Fit into a new pair of jeans I just bought

Date Banded~ 7/22/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 30 pounds

I am a slow loser as well. It can be so discouraging. Nice to see our goals can be achieved!:)

I know I am waaaaay late for this challenge but there are 2 weeks left in this month and need some sort of motivation. Hopefully we can continue this in February. However, my information is below:

Name: Ketia

Age~32

Weight on January 15th~ 259

Goal Weight for January 31st~ 250

Exercise Goal for January~ go to the gym at least 4 days out the week and try more cardio classes

Dietary Goal for January~ Eat more protien and stay at 1200 or less calories

Personal Goal for January~ Getting back on the wagon and staying on it

Date Banded~ 12/07/09

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~40 pounds

I joined late as well. But I joined and that's what matters. The accountability to like minded peers keeps me on target. I will post my Monday update wight tomorrow. Good luck!:D

If it's ok, I'd like to join in as a latecomer. I'm really looking for some help in moving to the next step of my journey to a healthier me.

Name, real or screen~Aimee

Age~41

Weight on January 3rd~183

Goal Weight for January 31st~173

Current Weight January 16th 177.5

Exercise Goal for January~cardio(walking) 3x a week (I've hardly exercised and I'm really lacking motivation)

Dietary Goal for January~drink 64 oz of Water a day

Personal Goal for January~keep my food journal daily

Date Banded~10/11/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~35 lbs

Whats a good fitness challenge for this week?

Anyone up for extra work? Lets say, 15 squats and 30 crunches a day (more for those who can?)? :D

Hello All,

I so need this challenge and motivation. I was banded March of last year and I have been off the wagon for some time. I have lost 28 pounds and I need to get it moving again,

I hope I can make it count with atleast 5 pounds lost by the end of the month. So here is my information:

Name, real or screen~ Lionsll

Age~ 43

Weight on January 16th~ 198

Goal Weight for January 31st~193

Exercise Goal for January~ 4x per week for 1 hour

Dietary Goal for January~ 1200 calorie per day chicken, fish, salad, and repeat

Personal Goal for January~ Get my mojo back and put this band to work....get rid of the head hunger

Date Banded~ 03/10/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 28 pounds

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I took my son and his friend to the zoo today and got a lot of walking in. :D

I was able to fit into a size smaller jeans! They are a bit snug still but good enough. What a great feeling!! My weight doesn't seem to be lower than last week but I know I am a bit smaller because I tried the same pair of jeans on last Sunday and decided they were too tight.

Welcome to Stefani, Ketia, Aimee and Lionsll!!! I am glad you found us!

Danielle~ I am up for the 15 squats and 30 crunches each day! Thanks for posting another exercise add on for us all to try!

I look forward to everyones wonderful weigh in tomorrow!

Joan

Hi guys

I lost 1.1 pounds

I have my 2nd fill tomorrow so I am hoping that will help me to lose a bit more next week

good luck everyone

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I took my son and his friend to the zoo today and got a lot of walking in. :D

I was able to fit into a size smaller jeans! They are a bit snug still but good enough. What a great feeling!! My weight doesn't seem to be lower than last week but I know I am a bit smaller because I tried the same pair of jeans on last Sunday and decided they were too tight.

Yea for the smaller jeans!!! Isn't that a great feeling?!!:D

My weight yesterday was 293.4 (I'm on the chart as Vicky) - I'm down 5.6 since the challenge started!!:D

Also, can you please correct my starting weight? It was 299, not 289 ;)

Good Morning Challengers! How did your week go? I have been sick all week and I'm finally feeling better. I weighed in with my usual get up. The t-shirt and shorts I slept in. I was down another pound this week. Then I decided to weigh myself with my jeans on which is what I wear in the weigh ins at the doctors office. I gained 3 pounds with the jeans on. Holy smokes I didn't know they weighed that much! So I'm just going to change my weights to go along with my jeans.

On a side note, when you post your weight can you please post your name with it? I go cross eyed trying to back track and find the previous post. :D

Have a great day everyone!