Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a protein shake

My nutritionist also recommended Muscle Milk Light (along with several others). Unfortunately, I can't tolerate it because of my Lactose intolerance (although I did like the taste). I am currently using Isopure powder (vanilla and chocolate are good - I hated the clear fruit flavored ones). Isopure is 25 grams of Protein per scoop and tastes good to me :P

Vicky, MM Light is lactose free. Weird that it didn't agree with you! I heard good things about Isopure too. I've only used MM, but was looking into Isopure as well.

Vicky, MM Light is lactose free. Weird that it didn't agree with you! I heard good things about Isopure too. I've only used MM, but was looking into Isopure as well.

I just tried MM light and yes it is lactose free that's why i tried it...Isopure is ok my fav is the strawberries and cream, Cookies and cream was way to sweet and the chocolate was ok...the non flavored one is kinda nasty tho...

I was givin a protien shake recipe, I found it to be very tasty and much cheeper then store bought

8 oz skim milk

1 packet of carnation sf instant Breakfast i bought the big jug of it for 5.99 and measure it out myself

1 Tbsp creamy Peanut Butter

4 Tbsp of non fat milk powder

and if you like you can add 1/2 of a banana

mix well in a blender

total is 28 grams of protien

here is one for a mocha shake. I never tried

8 oz skim milk

1 packet of carnation sf instant breakfast

1/2 tsp instant coffee

4 Tbsp of non fat milk powder

dash of cinnamon

mix well in blender

24 grams of protien

the dr gave me a BIG recipe book... need any more let me know!!

Where do you buy the jug of carnation instant Breakfast. I can't wait to try these recipies.

Thanks,

Viola

v

I looked for the book online but have not been able to find it. Can you give the author and isbn so that I can try to get it? I love the 2 recipes you posted and I love anything that I can make myself.

Thanks!

I could not find it online either.. :(

Hi, I also have a problem with MM Light. I know is says Lactose Free, but it bothered my stomach. I'm starting to wonder if I have milk intolerance not just lactose intolerance. I seem to tolarate most cheese but a lot of other dairy products, yogurt, cream cheese really bother me. I use Lactaide milk and it's gotten very pricey. Found it at Sams Club but they only carry 2%. Any ideas on where to get Lactaid Skim milk at a resonable price?

I will try the Isopure, and hope it helps. (Thanks Vickyd)

My two favorites brands are Pure Protein-I love the Cookies and Cream flavored, and EAS (which I get in soy, not whey). Both of them I have been able to find at Target and/or Walmart. I get the powder and mix them myself (because it is tons cheaper) with about 4-6 oz of soy or almond milk and about 6-8 oz water-the thicker texture does not agree with my gag-reflex, which is why I add extra water! I put it in a shaker with ice and keep it super cold.

I buy Body Fortress Protein powder (chocolate, strawberry, and Vanilla) from Wal Mart. I mix the vanilla with milk or NSA CIB but my favorite is strawberry with Strawberry GV sugar free drink mix. Not thick like a shake, but very berry! Tastes alot like Kellogs Protein Water but MUCH cheaper! Try the vanilla with SF Orange (tastes kinda like a Creamsicle).

Good Luck everyone!

I buy Body Fortress Protein powder (chocolate, strawberry, and Vanilla) from Wal Mart. I mix the vanilla with milk or NSA CIB but my favorite is strawberry with Strawberry GV sugar free drink mix. Not thick like a shake, but very berry! Tastes alot like Kellogs Protein Water but MUCH cheaper! Try the vanilla with SF Orange (tastes kinda like a Creamsicle).

Good Luck everyone!

Best recipe I found. My non banded husband even drinks them. I bought Protein powder on Amazon.com. off the top of my head it is syntha-6 brand or something like that. I got vanilla ice cream flavor.

1 cup skim milk

1/2 cup frozen no sugar added berries

1 scoop Protein Powder

I mix in my magic bullet and 10 seconds, I have a delicious smootie!

I LOVE Hydro whey, I get mine through GNC. I get the chocolate and add a little instant coffee and it tastes just like a mocha. It dissolves VERY well in cold milk or Water and tastes FANTASTIC! I could NOT stomach Isopure and about a dozen others I tried. Even better, if you get it through GNC and don't' like it (I have yet to find anyone who didn't like it) you cant take it back for a full refund. You can't go wrong!

It's 30 g Protein, 2 g Carbs and 0 sugar. I have yet to find a drink as good in nutrition and as tastey. Good luck!!! Let me know if you try it :)

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3839127